• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
my name is confusing... what do you switch around? better yet, why is everyone changing their name to put in gay?

I need to get back to EB. i havent played it in forever. I beat it twice, but it's so fun.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ref is the old FOW lol.

Also I had the weirdest dream of all. It involved a lot of things but in the end I was possessed by the fetus (well it wasn't really a fetus but I'm too lazy to explain) of a cat.

Anybody play eb recently. I'm starting my annual summer playthrough this weekend after I do some testing for brawl+.
I actually just finished my play-through of it yesterday. Now I don't know what else to do and I started talking like Mr. Saturn zooooooM!

Also I had an epic fail moment in which I remembered where to get the Sword of Kings...and I was waaaaay passed that point in the game already.

so....
boing
dakota

?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, Poo is fine without it. On my first playthrough, I spent an hour trying to get that sword, then caved in and hacked to get it T_T

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Eagaye893

Couldn't have done it better myself, props Man Of Gaysicle.

Since I played EB on an emulator, I fastforwarded through grinding Super Starmen when I was looking for Poo's sword and I got it in about 20 minutes real time. In fact I fastforwarded through alot of my grinding when I played EB, so now I plan on playing it again some day (I'm gay and only played it once :/)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Poo is actually pretty bad without the Sword of Kings. Sure he has Starstorm, but that costs a ton of PP. Being the only character with Brainshock is pretty handy (since it works on Giygas), but without the sword outside of boss battles or very large battles that you want to clear with Starstorm he's only useful as a healer...his attack damage without the sword is negligible and his usefulness won't last very long if you waste all your PP spamming Starstorm every battle. (I realize he has other offense PSI abilities, but Paula has (mostly) the same ones and will usually have a higher IQ as well as a lot more PP).

However, I did find this quite hilarious during my play-through:

Ness' Mom: "Eat some people and scoot up to bed."
Homesick effect: "Ness thought about eating some people and started craving it."

:D

boing

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
I think I'mma play some M3 this summer instead of the EB I usually do. Ness is definitely the cooler character, but I've gotta say I enjoyed Lucas' game much more in the way of story.

Also: Poasting in cool threadz

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I think I'mma play some M3 this summer instead of the EB I usually do. Ness is definitely the cooler character, but I've gotta say I enjoyed Lucas' game much more in the way of story.

Also: Poasting in cool threadz
Don't spoil the story if you haven't already... I am still mad at myself for doing so.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I truly to sexy to post here.

I'm sorry.
In b4 pedos.

I always thought Poo was the worst character since he has such a low pp growth which really limits his psi usage. My paula usually does more damage than him with bash attacks... He also learns thunder omega way too late for it to be of any use (it is also useless in the giygas fight) so he's basically a worse version of paula that can heal.

His only redeeming quality is that he has psi mindshock, which makes the final battle loleasy.

Edit: Poo does **** in no equipment playthroughs though...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I was browsing pass the internet and notice an epic Ness avatar:

Also it's hard to beat Levitas with Ness, he knows all about him. D=

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've got a cool Ness picture, too. I'm not sure if VivaTheSaturn is still working on Saturn Ness. The one you posted, but with this picture.

Ness!

Young Ness!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Hmm this is as good a place to post this as any. So I've moved on from Ness in Brawl sadly. Most people on the Ness boards probably barely know who I am anyway though XD. I know the last thing the Ness boards want to hear right now is yet another Ness main giving up on him, but I either don't have the skill, or Ness doesn't have the capacity (or some combination thereof, probably more of the former though) to place where I want to.

However, this is still the only character board on SWF I find even remotely interesting. Even the boards for other characters who I'm genuinely interested in bore me to sleep. With that said, expect a couple big contributions from me in the near future. I'm always going to want to help you guys out so anything I find I'll be sure to post, I'll keep Ness as a secondary and perhaps in the future when I'm a better player I'll return to using exclusively Ness.

Farewell, but not so farewell - as I'll still be on these boards everyday :).

Also this post makes me not cool and voids my permission to post in this thread XD.

Uffe

Smash Hero
AvariceX will always be cool in my book no matter who he mains. It's great that you have Ness as a secondary, too. Not really necessary, but some people just abandon the character completely without the thought of using him as a secondary. Ness can place really high, though. That's what I believe anyway.

@ Lightosia: That dude was complaining that Ness is cheap. Think about that for a moment. :laugh:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
...Wow.

That Ness character model is pretty much broke. In a fighting system without DI, PK Fire is flat out broken because there's nothing stopping him from just using it over and over, without fear of the opponent escaping it. And Yo-Yo takes way too much for how much range it has. And Ness' wakeup attack outprioritized a Super... really!? I won't even speak of the instadeath Starstorm. O_o

Silly MUGEN.

Uffe

Smash Hero
uffe, who did those?
I have no idea why you're asking me that, but I have two answers.

1. I'm not sure who was playing that game and losing to the 2D N64 Ness.

2. NarutoNU aka Ness_success created that particular Ness sprite.

Anyway, feel free to ask anymore questions. I love questions. :)

Dajayman

MUGEN Ness *****. It's weird seeing Ness being god-tier. :o

Insta-death Starstorm = lol. It's funny how it pulls them into the center part where all the comets come from so they get hit by every comet.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Nooo Avarice.... =/
Why DDD? =(
It's actually going to be some combination of MK, Dedede, and Kirby. The Kirby series is one of my favourite Nintendo franchises; behind Metroid and Earthbound. Samus is garbage so she's out of the question :p, and Dedede was actually the character I wanted to play when Brawl came out anyway. I just got so good with Ness amongst my small group of friends in the beginning that I honestly felt Ness was a better character than Dedede (obviously wrong now), and every time I play Dedede now even though I should be rusty I end up doing really well with him. If I actually devote to maining him then it's very possible I'll start seeing top 4 finishes with him.

This is getting long-winded though. Bottom line is I need to play a better character until I get better at the game. I want to return to Ness at some point and I intend to do so.

Like I mentioned before, I'm not done contributing to the Ness boards; that's a promise :).

Dajayman

Since you secondary Ness now and don't main him, you are no longer GayvariceX since only Ness mains get a cool, gay name. Sorry, those are the rules.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you play as Kirby & Ness? They actually handle each other's bad matchups pretty well except for Marth, who can be handled by MK or Dedede.

And where's my cool gay name?

:(

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Cacti = Cockti?

lolfail.

Why not just play MK and Ness. Mk covers everybody's bad matchups and Ness doesn't fail so hard vs. MK.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you use Meta Knight, I really see no reason to use other characters since Meta Knight has even to no bad match ups.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why don't you play as Kirby & Ness? They actually handle each other's bad matchups pretty well except for Marth, who can be handled by MK or Dedede.
*Ahem* That would be me since I main both Kirby and Ness for the longest I know. And about Marth, I saved a video of me 3-stocking a Marth main with only around 60% with Ness on Battlefield. That was a bad match but I had to save it because it was so funny. XD

Uffe

Smash Hero
When you get the final touches, Xyless, I'll be sure to save it and add it to my collection!

Top Bottom