• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Yeah, idk what I was doing. I wasn't sure if he'd PKF or not, then I think the second one I tried to stall a bit so he'd attack, but I kinda fell towards him, which I also don't know what I did that for -_-

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, idk what I was doing. I wasn't sure if he'd PKF or not, then I think the second one I tried to stall a bit so he'd attack, but I kinda fell towards him, which I also don't know what I did that for -_-
Don't be sad! In the first one it looks like you're messing around. At one point Ness tippy toes towards Lucas. :laugh:

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
When they switch Pokemon, don't use PK Fire. Try charging a bat. It gets more damage, I think, and gets them offstage where they'll have to deal with whatever character they currently have out. In that case, they'll have to either use Ivy, whose recovery sucks, or Charizard or Squirtle, obviously not his (?) best character.

Love the spike>gimp kill on Lucas.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
When they switch Pokemon, don't use PK Fire. Try charging a bat. It gets more damage, I think, and gets them offstage where they'll have to deal with whatever character they currently have out. In that case, they'll have to either use Ivy, whose recovery sucks, or Charizard or Squirtle, obviously not his (?) best character.

Love the spike>gimp kill on Lucas.
When he was switching, I couldn't tell if he didn't like that pokemon or wanted to stay as Ivy. So I gave him a little break after the first round of switches. And yeah, he's a he =P And ty. I was surprised I even pulled it off.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
2 new ones from a Smashfest yesterday. Facing a MK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8BXCWf3KWE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXk5rUYdlBo

I rarely face MKs, so he is kinda new to me...I don't know much how to approach him. :/
You did very well handling the MK. One thing that caught my eye, though, was you PSI Magnet stalling offstage. I guess to get at a better angle or something. Spend as less time as you can offstage with Ness. I was surprised the MK didn't try to gimp you there. Otherwise, both were very good games.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I saw the first and third of the oli matches and first and second of falco. I'll probably watch the rest later. Oli's always given me trouble, but you handled him pretty well. I like how you stayed just out off his grab range and always hit the latched pikmin before they did damage on you :) And nice PKT2 on oli's first match, although you started going crazy with it and got punished after =P Still, good job.

I also have something to say about falco's lasers. If he shoots out one or two and you don't react fast enough/predict them coming, don't bother pulling out the magnet. Because by then he'll already be approaching and you still have to wait for the magnet to disappear. But yet again, good games. Hope to see more of your matches :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Achoral is my favorite Ness main from France. :) Thanks for having these up, Achoral. I can't seem to deal with Olimar correctly. Anyway, use more PK Thunder on Olimar when he's in the air, unless he's using his down B so he doesn't get stunned. Otherwise just tailwhip him with it. You seemed to have used PK Flash at the wrong time because he'd be high up in the air and that's easy to avoid.

I didn't watch the ones with you fighting Ace, yet, but FAE pointed out something about your matches vs Falco. He's right. Don't pull out your PSI Magnet if he's close. You can just duck under those. But when he approaches you with his lasers, he wants you to bring up your PSI Magnet so he can get frees hit off of you with stronger attacks.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
dang! there was one person who recorded a match for doubles with my friend and his team at a tourney, but i can't seem to find it anywhere!!! i need an easier way of recording all of my matches.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
pretty good... questionable stages. more pk thunder maybe?
if you're talking about warioware, at our tourney we have a rule in which we can choose any stage (including bans) if both players agree to it. me and DanL's match was pretty much just for fun (cuz he knew he was going to lose xD), so I said sure for his counter pick. I lost badly though, stupid big pokemons xD

Meian

Smash Cadet
I really like how this thread is organized now. Very neat and easy to follow.
Haha thanks for the input. I been away due to some classes for PCT but I'm back and will try to add all these videos that I missed while away XD

Uffe

Smash Hero
I remember playing Hilt's Olimar. MeteorMaster, your Ness is outstanding! I'll have to watch your doubles matches later, Smash64.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Meteor, I like your Ness as well. :p

Now I think I'll try to use Ness' Uair a lot more.

Some new vids of me facing Glarion's crazy Lucas, though this time I can't get a win from him :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElXAxi4bhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0QztddCskI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBpr2dgzFdw

Also, I'll be going to Charby's smashfest on Thursday around noon (GMT+1), if some of you are curious to watch French Brawl matches. It will last for at least one week, so if you stick to it you may catch me too (and hear some French O: )
The link will be http://www.livestream.com/achoralive

We had some American watchers last time, don't be shy to talk English if you come, even if there will be French all around. Most of us will understand English :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
These were fun to watch you guys. Smash64's videos made me laugh. Really quick, Smash. This isn't a critique thread, but I just thought I'd say that if you throw the Banana peel back at Diddy Kong, instead of grabbing, try PK Fire instead. I'm not sure if it'll work, but at least you'll be somewhat safe if it doesn't.

That was lame when you used your PKT2 and everybody still survived. I was all, "Oh! Get *****!" And then nobody died. I'm thinking, "That was lame. That should've killed everybody." Those were fun to watch.

Achoral, you're a really good Ness main and a lot of those matches could have very well been yours. I think what's getting you is your recover. He'll use PK Thunder so you'll use PSI Magnet and then by the time you use PK Thunder, it'll be too late. If you could, try to get back to the stage by airdodging his PK Thunder instead of absorbing it. Just be sure you don't land in front of him unless his PK Thunder is still going.

All those matches should have been yours. The first one you got stage spiked, which I thought was really stupid that that happened. The second one, you would have still been on your second stock if you had used PKT2 upward, but that stupid platform came in after you launched yourself at an angle. The last one you got screwed. That was definitely your match.

I think you were having an off day, Achoral. Overall the matches were really exciting to watch. I think you might grab a little too much, though. Nothing wrong with grabbing, just tone it down a bit. You're really good, though. Very amazing.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes, they were. I kind of wish they were one vs one, though. FOW was doing something right to Ally. Ally tends to shield a lot and I've noticed this in previous videos with Ally. FOW kept grabbing him.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I hate my internet connection so much... I'm sure those are amazing videos. I want to be able to steal ideas for myself from your Ness thank you, but it takes hours for me to load a couple minutes worth of video on Youtube :(

edit: Actually my connection seems tolerable right now. Just finished watching the M2K/Ally/FOW/SK92 vids. FOW air-dodges a lot XD... and never goes for PKT2... these are the only things I really noticed.

smash64

Smash Champion
I hate my internet connection so much... I'm sure those are amazing videos. I want to be able to steal ideas for myself from your Ness thank you, but it takes hours for me to load a couple minutes worth of video on Youtube :(

edit: Actually my connection seems tolerable right now. Just finished watching the M2K/Ally/FOW/SK92 vids. FOW air-dodges a lot XD... and never goes for PKT2... these are the only things I really noticed.
hehe well thanks but i think my Ness is just like any other Ness out there and yeah i notice that fow air dodges alot

Top Bottom