• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
haha TramD, that's a good question. I just found sum decent remixes and used em. But there probably is a correlation. and thanks 4 the comments, i wish I got pkt2's more often, I tend to just use thunder for harrassing now in singles. In doubles it's a differnet story, much easier to land it.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
The music makes me wonder; is there a correlation with Ness fans and fans of techno music? I listen to trance/techno/house 90% of the time.
im a ness user that listens to everything from beck to msi to classical music

hell i even like glitchcore if its done right

i dont know where i was going with this. maybe you do

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like everything except the majority of rap and country music. Also gay techno music (not all techno music, just the gay stuff).

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
I like everything except the majority of rap and country music. Also gay techno music (not all techno music, just the gay stuff).
Like Aqua - Barbie Girl?

ViceGrip said:
haha TramD, that's a good question.
Also, I forget that people always say my name Tram D, It is actually TRA M D(hence the doctor mario). It's my initials followed by my credentials. I guess TRAM D works too, it is easier to say.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think most of us know Rebaz from his Falcon matches against Izaw, but I never knew he played Ness.
Thanks for the video.

Meian

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5eGrZ6WYw
Placed 5th out of 40-ish people I think. This was the match before the one I lost to a Metaknight.

Was curious to know what I may have done wrong that wouldn't have put this too close (was rather nervewrecking at the time and the guy made so much noise with his controller).

Next tourney a week from this saturday woo. Same Metaknight will come back though -_-

Edit: Right, tap jump was on and we weren't allowed to turn it off so makes my jumping a bit weird

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ the trip at the beginning.

That guy was rolling a lot. You should punish that with yo-yos or fair. Also, there were some places where you probably could've used PSI Magnet. He was using Aura Sphere a lot, and it's a rather slow projectile. If you're having problems with jumping while uairing, use the c-stick.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Lucario has the best roll in the game... It's pretty hard to punish a roll spammy Lucario. Heck, most pro Lucarios intentionally roll. :psycho: It's so good! You can yo-yo him, definately, that would probably stop him from rolling so much. Also, once you see him roll into you, try doing a instant sh nair, (or pivot grab would be even better) it will push him away and does a good job in annoying him too. :laugh: Doesn't work all the time though.

EDIT: I said it's hard to punish roll spammy Lucarios and then I list ways to punish roll spammy Lucarios. lol just sayin. XD

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Edit: Right, tap jump was on and we weren't allowed to turn it off so makes my jumping a bit weird
RHA has some weird tournaments, doesn't it?

Oh, and, some PK Fire should have stopped that roll spam. Seriously. Or, like, any change in your tempo. He made you look like a fool the whole match.... which made him look like a nub when he still lost.

Lawl at the final grab.

_clinton

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5eGrZ6WYw
Placed 5th out of 40-ish people I think. This was the match before the one I lost to a Metaknight.

Was curious to know what I may have done wrong that wouldn't have put this too close (was rather nervewrecking at the time and the guy made so much noise with his controller).

Next tourney a week from this saturday woo. Same Metaknight will come back though -_-

I think you punished the many rolls the Lucario did just fine overall
You didn't use PKT enough IMO

Meian

Smash Cadet
I think you punished the many rolls the Lucario did just fine overall
You didn't use PKT enough IMO
Yea, that stage would've been really good for it but the constant rolling made me a bit fearful of it heh. I'll definitely remember that for next time. I don't think I punished the rolls enough as I prolly could've, it was fairly obvious now his pattern that I could turn and Bat the other way or PK Fire (even PK2 if I was that risky XD)

Thanks though for the replies

Oh, thread has now changed hands. Good luck, Meian :p
Thanks, I hope to do well and hoping everyone will post more vids^^
Sleepytime first I'll start tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Started by making it a bit more organized with references to names and some colors/font size. Posted a few of the recent videos added here and will post more later after a break. If you guys don't like it I can think of something else =x

EDIT2: Whew, page 34-42 videos (basically everything in 2009) has been added. Wasn't sure if to go back further or not but if anyone feels so please inform me (or if they wanted their video removed for whatever reason).

Thinking about adding another color for tourney video in the manner that I have for wifi (to be honest, it is difficult to tell when something is wifi unless stated directly so that was why I think it is best to put wifi with the regulars and just slap it on the side as a note if it is known).

I'd also like to put a medium sized pic of Ness at the top centered like many of the other boards have done but I'll have to look around for a long while (so much fanart to go through oh boy...). Any suggestions for one if you can pm me linky =)

For the time being, going to take another break been at this for hours now XD May edit more tonight if not tomorrow. Hope everyone likes how it is so far^^

Augh, wish I was talented enough to make a sig XD I seem so plain.

Meian

Smash Cadet
Pretty good especially if you just picked it up in this video. I think you should've tried Nair-ing more on the first stock but nice flash lol. I'll add in a few.

Edit: Done

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's not that I'd ask Meian to post wifi video of me up, it's just I had never noticed until now. I'm assuming this is pretty new. I'm still debating whether or not I want new offline videos of my Ness vs ? up.

Meian

Smash Cadet
You guys add wifi now?
The wifi section at the bottom was there before I started. I wanted to take it out and just put it with the singles/doubles section. It would be too spread out if some singles and doubles were posted in wifi instead of their respective sections. In the end, it would be easier on the eyes to just put beside the link if it is stated that it is wifi. I haven't removed the wifi section just yet.

It's not that I'd ask Meian to post wifi video of me up, it's just I had never noticed until now. I'm assuming this is pretty new. I'm still debating whether or not I want new offline videos of my Ness vs ? up.
I am not sure what you mean. If you are saying there are videos of yourself up that you don't want up I can take them off. I just assumed that people who posted here would want their videos up in general. In no way am I trying to discourage anyone from posting but wanted to encourage them.

Eh, I have more recent Ness vids. Just gotta get them uploaded.
Awesome, hope to see them soon =)

Uffe

Smash Hero
I am not sure what you mean. If you are saying there are videos of yourself up that you don't want up I can take them off. I just assumed that people who posted here would want their videos up in general. In no way am I trying to discourage anyone from posting but wanted to encourage them.
None of my videos are in here, but you can find some on YouTube and you can find three new ones of me on my off day. If you want to throw those ones into the wifi section, by all means.

Meian

Smash Cadet
None of my videos are in here, but you can find some on YouTube and you can find three new ones of me on my off day. If you want to throw those ones into the wifi section, by all means.
Are all/most of them under Ref's youtube? Search gives it from him and one or two from Morris (Captain Falcon I think) but no profile for you.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Video 1: Don't abuse Fsmash too much, that Mario was being too aggressive at times and ran into it, but Fsmash is more punishable than it seems. Otherwise, good match. :D

Video 2:

PSI MAGNET GIMP.

Anyway, you should try to use more aerials other than Dair offstage. Dair is awesome, and hitting with one offstage is pretty much a guaranteed KO, but Ness' other aerials are usually more safe.

Bair and Fair walls is would have been useful on both Link and Falco, since both don't really have spectacular recoveries.

In the end though, your Ness is very solid.

Uffe

Smash Hero
You are correct but there are no matches just nice music. Guessing his opponents recorded their matches.
Oh, yay. You listened to my stuff? Yeah, I have no way of recording stuff on my own. But yeah, Ref has like three of me. Whatever, though. I really only brought this up because you had a wifi section which I never knew about.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Video 1: Don't abuse Fsmash too much, that Mario was being too aggressive at times and ran into it, but Fsmash is more punishable than it seems. Otherwise, good match. :D

Video 2:

PSI MAGNET GIMP.

Anyway, you should try to use more aerials other than Dair offstage. Dair is awesome, and hitting with one offstage is pretty much a guaranteed KO, but Ness' other aerials are usually more safe.

Bair and Fair walls is would have been useful on both Link and Falco, since both don't really have spectacular recoveries.

In the end though, your Ness is very solid.
Thanks. I tried not to use all of the Fsmashes and go for Fairs, but that match was laggier than usual. That's also why in like the middle I just jumped around Mario without doing anything <_<

Meian

Smash Cadet
Oh, yay. You listened to my stuff? Yeah, I have no way of recording stuff on my own. But yeah, Ref has like three of me. Whatever, though. I really only brought this up because you had a wifi section which I never knew about.
Wifi section was there in the past just taking the section out entirely and adding a note on the side when a match is wifi.

Are all your matches recorded Wifi?

Edit: Found all the ones I could of you and posted them. If there are any missing that you know of please inform me =x
Yea I listened to some of your stuff it was pretty good XD

Uffe

Smash Hero
Wifi section was there in the past just taking the section out entirely and adding a note on the side when a match is wifi.

Are all your matches recorded Wifi?

Edit: Found all the ones I could of you and posted them. If there are any missing that you know of please inform me =x
Yea I listened to some of your stuff it was pretty good XD
Yeah, all the stuff were online. I have some offline replays, but nothing you can find on YouTube or anywhere else. They're pretty old.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Kennypu is probably the best Ness in Hawaii. I'd love to play him again. He looks really tough!

Meian

Smash Cadet
I have 2 tourney videos:
SBHMVIII
Kennypu vs Yasha(TL): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvgyX0J1usc
Kennypu vs DarkMusician(Zelda): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o7iCxbVwDc
enjoy them xD
Nice vids especially the TL (not sure what was wrong with DM those matches) and the spacing he did. Prolly best use of PK Fire I have seen so far (although some moments where it was risky to use).

Added and also made a quick version of a key for the moment to label tourney vids (unsure if "biweekly" vids are considered tourney).

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I was really impressed by those video kenny, i don't usually enjoy watching most ness videos to be honest but when Ness is played at a competitive level like that it's very entertaining. good ****. also on your match vs the toonie on rainbow I cringed when you pk fired him during his invincibility frames and he usmashed u 4 an early kill. I do that stuff a lot lol, you just gotta rmemeber that when you have the lead that you can't take chances, you just gotta maintain it. VERY nice videoes. I liked the dair to back air right b4 u got usmashed on rainbow also. Good thunder mindgames vs the zleda but i hardly saw any nair, nair could have been useful to you in a lot of situations. Great use of dair tho.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
yea I agree xoxokev, he'd use dthrow too much (after the 1st drthow you really should use a difernet throw for more damage). 3 dthrows in a row is terrible damage compared to a dthrow, then uthrow, then fthrow or some sort of combination. It sure looks cool and CAN set up more damage but after you've used it once use another throw for guaranteed damage instead of degenning your 9% dmg dthrow.

Top Bottom