• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy_Feet

Smash Rookie
I made a post recently about grabbing and it said I was in the wrong section so I am going to put my question up here basically I want to improve my grabbing game with all characters b/c I am horrible at grabbing no matter who it is. An example would be I am running to my opponent and I try to grab but I miss or do it to early very frustrating because I see other people do it with ease. I really have a hard time grabbing with C-falcon which is one of my mains any help there would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for reading my post

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I made a post recently about grabbing and it said I was in the wrong section so I am going to put my question up here basically I want to improve my grabbing game with all characters b/c I am horrible at grabbing no matter who it is. An example would be I am running to my opponent and I try to grab but I miss or do it to early very frustrating because I see other people do it with ease. I really have a hard time grabbing with C-falcon which is one of my mains any help there would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for reading my post

Have you tried shield grabbing? When in a shield, press A to grab the opponent....bit safer grab than normal if you mess up.

I have a question....If you are unable to play with other people and your wifi is annoyingly laggy what CPU level would be best to practise on? I use level 6 but I've heard level 9s are not a good way of training

BSP

Smash Legend
Maybe you could consider learning how to pivot grab? Run, then as you're turning around, press z. If done right, you should do a faster(longer ranged?)grab while turning around. It usually catches people off guard. To practice, be Lucas, and try to do what I described. If done wrong, you'll probably turn around, and then grab with normal lag. If done right, Lucas should grab, and relinquish the snake quickly. You'll know the dif. when u see it.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
are you suppoed to FF when diing from horizontal or even diagonal knockback?....i don't see the point since you can't jump into a vertical KO...also, unless you have extremely high percent, youll always get off a fast aerial (with most characters) and a jump/special, so why not continue to di upwards toward the corner instead of reducing vertical momentum by ffing...

infomon

Smash Scientist
are you suppoed to FF when diing from horizontal or even diagonal knockback?
AFAICT (and I tested this a bunch), the fastfall only decreases the height you will reach; fastfalling or not fastfalling alone will not save you from a horizontal KO. So you have a choice; do you need to be high enough to recover safely? Or do you need to be lower so that a needed Jump or Special won't kill you off the ceiling?

....i don't see the point since you can't jump into a vertical KO...
This is false. So long as there is knockback momentum against you (ie. you were hit recently), you will die if you touch the killzone, period.

also, unless you have extremely high percent, youll always get off a fast aerial (with most characters) and a jump/special, so why not continue to di upwards toward the corner instead of reducing vertical momentum by ffing...
DI stops once you get sent flying. Directional input doesn't help direct you towards the stage until just a little before knockback is over; ie. at about the time that hitstun normally wears off. So don't worry about it :)

Hope this helps!

infomon

Smash Scientist
o wai thanx :bee:

I didn't discover it all tho.... I just helped with some of the discoveries, along with a buncha other ppl, like Ulevo and Big_O and even ^^ daKID ^^ hehe

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
how would one PRACTICE di
Pick DeDeDe and your character of choice (both controlled). get your character to around 40%, but don't use DDD's Fsmash. Around 40%, stand on the ledge, and have DDD sweetspot Fsmash you. This will help your reaction timing and you DI.

For more info on DI, refer to swordgard's guide.

Saw

Smash Rookie
Is there a sig shop open? If so, someone please direct me there.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I dont even know what a sig shop is so I cant help you there lol. But, here on Smashboards most people either ask for custom made ones or quote funny posts like me ^_^

EDIT: Its not showing up -_-

SCOTU

Smash Hero
One practices DI by playing games and trying to DI correctly in them. It's not hard in the least to know what angle to DI if you know what move's going to hit you and at what percent, the hard part is being able to figure out what the best angle is to DI in realtime when you don't always know what's coming.

Sig Shops would probably be under the art boards if there are any.

Bellioes: a sig shop is a thread someone who likes making sigs makes to offer their services to other people by request (i.e. you find a sig shop and ask for a sig that has what you want, and the artist tries to make that). Also, your sig only shows up if your post is ~1.5 x as many characters long as your sig.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
OK thanks for clearing that up SCOTU :)

New Question: What is Phantom Lag and how does it work? I know that Marths suffer a lot from it but thats it.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Question:

Today when I was playing on Smashville as Falco, I jumped under the platform on SV, double jumped when I was hovering right on it, and immediately B-air'd. I was jumping to the right as I did this, and the platform was moving to the right. I B-air'd towards the right edge of the platform.

The result was that my B-air seemed to cancel on the platform, and I got either a very quick speed boost or I seemed to teleport a little past the middle to the left edge of the platform, and I was immediately able to walk afterwards.

tl;dr: It looked like I wavelanded when I double jumped and immediately bair'd on the Smashville platform.

I tried to replicate this with Falco, but couldn't do it anymore. When I tried to replicate it with Wario's D-air, it worked 3-4 of the like 15ish tries I did it, but it didn't move towards the side. When I double jumped and D-air'd, the D-air cancelled (without any landing lag) and I was standing on the platform.

Is this known? It seems like the aerials are auto-cancelling onto the platform, and it might be because of the shape of Falco's B-air I was able to move, which I couldn't do with Wario's D-air.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Cant you platform cancel without doing an aerial because Ive jumped through platforms as Wario before and Faired when his feet were just above the platform. But instead of a Fair coming out, it was like I teleported to the platform and performed a Fsmash.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to find a DI tutorial vid made by a Link player that explains most kinds of it really well, but I'm having trouble remembering its specifics and where to find it. Anybody got any Brawl DI tutorial vids I could use?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Is there anyway to fix a busted C-Stick? Or will I just have to buy another controller?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Everytime you move in a direction you have to manually lead it back to the center.
Like, it sticks?
You can try taking the controller apart and cleaning it, gamecube controllers are pretty simple. There are a lot of guides/videos around the internet about modifying gamecube controllers.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Like, it sticks?
You can try taking the controller apart and cleaning it, gamecube controllers are pretty simple. There are a lot of guides/videos around the internet about modifying gamecube controllers.

Yeah, it sticks. I'll pull up a youtube video and give it a try, thanks.

dz1234

Smash Rookie
When playing as Samus, i usually start with a grab, two pummels, down throw, uair, and nair in that order. is this reliable?

When using ivysaur, for kills, i usually use an up throw and up arial. is this reliable?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Grabbing with Samus isn't reliable for one.

Regarding the Ivysaur thing, no. People are not going to fall into that unless you set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom