• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
what is the best way to stop ppl from spamming?
should i spam back?
or just try to get out of it some how?
Depends on what they are spamming, and what you can spam.
If you can spam back better, go right ahead, no reason not to.
If it's becoming very projected and easy to read, you should be able to, well, read your opponent and punish them.

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
Luigi Techniques

Does anyone have some useful advanced Luigi techniques? I know a few but they are impossible to use in a real battle.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Do they have an official doubles strategy thread, cause if they don't, i'd like to make one.

Phantom lag is also known as clank priority ( I think )
when two attacks hit each other make a sound and do nothiong. Some moves have this.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I dont think so.
Someone told me it affects Marth a lot and what you stated sounds more general.
Im pretty sure it has something to do with UpB but I could be wrong.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
did you look in the marth boards they might be more specifically experienced in this phantom lag and tell us what you come up with but i've heard of it and have heard it called triple jump glitch as the same thing but i don't know what it does

tell me if you find something

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Ok, I posted in their Q&A so Ill probably get an answer soon. Ill edit this later with the actual answer.

EDIT: Heres the answer I got;

*points to post a page back as for what it's called*
It's called the triple jump glitch. It affects a few characters, idr how many off hand. If you get the ledge w/ your upB, the next time you land on the stage, you will have the lag from the upB that you would have if you just landed on the stage. If you AC an aerial it will counteract the triple jump glitch.
NOTE: If you would autocancel an aerial, then you actually still get normal aerial lag but its still a lot less then landing normally (Marths UpB has so much landing lag lol).
He also said that this also one of the reasons why Marths get back onstage with ledge hopped Nairs. It has the least amount of landing lag of all his aerials allowing you to alleviate the most lag possible.

Hope that helped :)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Anyone happen to know the grab formula? I think it goes:

100 base + 5 frames per % - 10 frames per input

1 input is possible 1 time every 1 frame

I can't remember where I saw it. :/ and I don't think thats the formula..... but it's similiar to that...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Boost grab, but pivot.

Dash Attack > Cancel with pivot grab (grab then pivot makes it easier in my experience)

Anyone happen to know the grab formula? I think it goes:

100 base + 5 frames per % - 10 frames per input

1 input is possible 1 time every 1 frame

I can't remember where I saw it. :/ and I don't think thats the formula..... but it's similiar to that...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Alright, idk if some1 asked this before, but I'll ask this anyway:

Has any1 tried edge guarding with Diddy K. by using his bananas? Lets say we're on FD, and a Diddy's opponent ends up far below the edge to the point where harassing them is suicidal. The opponent has a high recovery and will return if uninterrupted. So, the Diddy does the dspecial and the banana hits the opponent while the recovery is in its start up. The opponent goes down slightly, tries to recover again but misses the ledge and dies. How effective do you think this tactic is?

edit: Let me know if this idea has already been mentioned.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
We already use this. The hard part is getting the opponent to recover from below.
Check the Diddy boards out and you will find a lot more info about edgeguarding.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hey, I think this question was asked a while ago, but I can't find it and I forgot the answer. How can I practice DI if I have nobody to help me?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Since I couldn't find the sticky in the GBD forum...

What is a "stale" move?
If you use the same move multiple times without switching up, it's knockback and percentage starts to "decay", or go down. Suppose you were using Snake. The more you Ftilt, the more it decays.

Stale moves can be refreshed by using different attacks. Two full Dancing Blades can refresh all of Marth's moves, iirc.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If you use the same move multiple times without switching up, it's knockback and percentage starts to "decay", or go down. Suppose you were using Snake. The more you Ftilt, the more it decays.

Stale moves can be refreshed by using different attacks. Two full Dancing Blades can refresh all of Marth's moves, iirc.
Interesting... is this to discourage spammers? Thanks for the feedback.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I know that if you hit two characters with one move, then the move decays twice as fast (I picked up the ICs for a while and had the same question)

Im pretty sure that it depends on the move. Like most rapid A combos count as one move but Marths Dancing Blade counts each hit as a separate attack.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you hit two characters or objects with one move, does it stale once or twice?

Also does a move decay any more if it has multiple hits?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure moves do decay more if you hit multiple things with it.

Moves only decay multiple times with a single hit if you have to do multiple inputs for the multiple hits (ex. dancing blades), it's one decay per input.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm pretty sure moves do decay more if you hit multiple things with it.

Moves only decay multiple times with a single hit if you have to do multiple inputs for the multiple hits (ex. dancing blades), it's one decay per input.
This is generally true, but as always, there are exceptions. For example, Peach's DSmash only requires one input and decays with every hit.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yo.
I found a way to cancel a dash into an upsmash done in the opposite direction with slight slide. Is this known?

So, say you were running this way -----> I can make it to where you can upsmash this way right out of a run <---- and you get to some degree a slide out of it.

jpl315

Smash Apprentice
Yo.
I found a way to cancel a dash into an upsmash done in the opposite direction with slight slide. Is this known?

So, say you were running this way -----> I can make it to where you can upsmash this way right out of a run <---- and you get to some degree a slide out of it.

hmm...which characters have a good slide?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yo.

Playing Ganondorf?

That's called failing to RAR an AC'd uair, if you input the uair too quickly, a reverse up-smash will come out with a slight slide. It's definitely known, at least to the ganondorf boards (probably cause we all got it a million times when practicing approaching with AC Uair).

Widely known, I dunno.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't that exactly what squirtle's hydroplaned usmash is? That is how I do it.

...anyway

When you get pushed out of your shield (your shield gets hit while on an edge and you are knocked off) how long does this take if you buffered something?

If I am on a platform on battlefield and I get pushed off out of my shield, how long would it take for a 10 frame aerial to come out? I tried figuring it out myself but CPUs are so dense when you just sit there in your shield.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
hmm...which characters have a good slide?
Luigi, Captain Falco, and some other I can't remember. I tested it yesterday.

Playing Ganondorf?

That's called failing to RAR an AC'd uair, if you input the uair too quickly, a reverse up-smash will come out with a slight slide. It's definitely known, at least to the ganondorf boards (probably cause we all got it a million times when practicing approaching with AC Uair).

Widely known, I dunno.
No, jumping is not involved.
I was practicing snake dashing, and I accidentally hit the opposite direction with the analog, did not hit the c-stick, and still hit the z button. The slide is bigger than what I get from canceling a RAR jump.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well maybe you just dashed danced into a hyphen smash. I mean you say its canceling a DASH into a Usmash which means its possible that you just true pivoted and then immediately hit upZ for a hyphen smash.

The input would be; dash right>dash left before dash animation is over> immediately hitting UpZ to hyphen smash.

Does that sound like the same thing?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It wasn't a dash dance. It can be done at any point into the run, however, pressing up on the c-stick does not work, you have to use the z button, so its not a hyphen smash.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
Okay Now I Just Read Swordgard's Guide On Di'ing
But I Really Just Need To Know The Most Straight Up Answer I Can Find
How Do I Di
Like When I Get Hit(Example Marth Fsmash) As Soon As I Get Hit Do I Hit Up On My Control Stick and my fastest areial or what.

Basically What Im Asking is if i get hit up,down,left,and right what controls do i hit. Also when i get hit do i have to hold the control stick the way im di'ing or towards the stage and when i hold the control stick do i keep on hitting my fastest areial Over and over ?

I Just Need The Fastest And Easiest Answer I Can Find

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Uh, I've heard this usually helps, but is it true that I can improve faster by playing alot of characters instead of one or two? You know, like get the feel with alot of characters...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Uh, I've heard this usually helps, but is it true that I can improve faster by playing alot of characters instead of one or two? You know, like get the feel with alot of characters...
That depends primarily on what you need to grasp most. If you don't understand fundamentals, then that very well may help very quickly, but if what you lack is knowing specifics on how to deal with different characters, that isn't going to help. There are also far more ways that one may need improving, but those are by far the most common when people are asking for help on these boards.

Frown

poekmon
Okay Now I Just Read Swordgard's Guide On Di'ing
But I Really Just Need To Know The Most Straight Up Answer I Can Find
How Do I Di
Like When I Get Hit(Example Marth Fsmash) As Soon As I Get Hit Do I Hit Up On My Control Stick and my fastest areial or what.

Basically What Im Asking is if i get hit up,down,left,and right what controls do i hit. Also when i get hit do i have to hold the control stick the way im di'ing or towards the stage and when i hold the control stick do i keep on hitting my fastest areial Over and over ?

I Just Need The Fastest And Easiest Answer I Can Find
1. When you're flying away, try to aim your direction so that you move toward the corners. This way, it will be harder for you to reach the blastzone. If you're flying horizontally, you want to hit the control stick UP in order to move diagonally. If you're flying vertically, you want to hit the control stick LEFT or RIGHT.

2. As soon as you break out of hitstun, use your fastest aerial attack combined with a fastfall in order to slow down your momentum.

This is how Snake and Dedede make it to 160% while the attack they were hit by usually kills around 120%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom