• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
wait, $12 for singles and $20 for teams?

LOL this better be HUUUUGE, and even then....

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't remember if this came up here already or if it was somewhere else, but if that $2 is specifically going towards buying pizza, can we just not do that?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
the 2 dollars is going all towards pizza

but i think ima drop it cause

neal said so

sidefx

Smash Champion
i was hoping for pizza =(

ill go to the pizza place with you mango, we can eat pizza without the cheapasses =D

coughcoughpockycoughcough

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm fine with getting pizza

i just don't like a 100-way split; i'd rather order by myself or with a small group that i trust to split it equally

pizza for a whole tournament is a huge pain to police, making sure everyone gets enough, getting the right toppings (**** shrimp delight), etc.

i'm fine with getting pizza

i just don't like a 100-way split; i'd rather order by myself or with a small group that i trust to split it equally

pizza for a whole tournament is a huge pain to police, making sure everyone gets enough, getting the right toppings (**** shrimp delight), etc.
shrimp delight was pretty good lolol. pizza joint ftw

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ok there looks like a bus comes out here which means i got transportation but i would need housing after the tournament finishes and i could leave out the day after. Can anyone help?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Yea i no

and plus its a big

tourney .. theres no reason

it shouldnt be 10

IF NE THING IT SHOULD

BE MORE

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't make me drag Grandpa Glenn in here to explain the pricing of Smash tournaments relative to other games and what it implies about the professionality of our respective events.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't make me drag Grandpa Glenn in here to explain the pricing of Smash tournaments relative to other games and what it implies about the professionality of our respective events.
I sure hope continuation rule is in effect!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ya back in ga its was always at least 10 . You guys are cheaper but i like it. And ya this tourney should have a higher fee since its suppose to be big i would say 15. But i really don't care. Oh ya lol black people coming uh i am black as well as hispanic so just for the guy who brought it up :)

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Who cares

We're used to $5 tournies. It can go higher if it's a major. I'm yet to be convinced this is a major.

That's why majors usually announce pools, because then there's a tangible reason why the fee is higher.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
if we get more then like 60 people

well do pools

which im sure we are

plus Out of state coming

meaning there will be pools

most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom