• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
We should be able to ban neutrals. Not being able to ban them is stupid.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
You guys don't understand, SCC was like a one-time miracle of a tournament. Something like it can never happen again.

That, or we only got away with it because the church didn't know better. Now they do.
Tai:

"In what way(s) was it a miracle?"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because Neal was running it, obviously.

Shroomed

Smash Master
so i can't ban yoshi's story vs a marth player? good ****

or FOD vs sheik?

or dream land vs peach/jiggs

the list goes on

Charoo

Smash Champion
this is a one day tournament. We can't use it on sunday because it isn't SCC.

talk to mango about the rule set. It's whatever he decides on. I think it be better to be able to ban neutrals though.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Can anyone with a giant house provide lodging for a ****ton of people before and after as well as let me run a bunch of extra tournaments like

Falcon onry (Bowser and Falcon only, FoD off random)
Ditto tournament (each level of the bracket is a different ditto. fun dittos onry.)
Money match tournament (when you lose a round you give the player who beat you X dollars. you can only lose twice but like everyone who makes it past 2nd round breaks even.)
1v1 team battle tournament (crew battle but with 1 person's characters. IE my falco,fox,marth vs SW's falco, falcon, marth.)

Lovage

Smash Hero
the great leons house is like 1.5-2 hours from the venue (assuming its luigis church) but it is very big and his dad is very nice and gives everyone food and stuff lol

he can prolly house

WELL BRENDAN
CAN YOU.>1?!?!?

Zoap

Smash Master
have no fear as a loophole there is

* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.

Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.

Look all the neutrals are counterpicks so we can ban them due to ****ty wording! But really I will use this rule to my advantage if someone gets snooty with me.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I can probably come...I'm not sure yet...but if I do, count on me bringing at least a wii w/melee(obv) + extension cord + power strip. I might bring a tv. maybe.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
how about no banning neutrals

just to change it up ;)

plus mango would hate to see mangoland banned

if you play a peach/jiggs, tough luck, cuz it's mango's tourny

<33333

MaNg0

Smash Hero
it will be 2day if it gets alot of interest

or we can make it 2day and if not enuff people

go we can make the second day like a smashfest

or something ****

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mango: the church won't let us use it Sunday, so we can't do 2 days unless we find a different venue :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom