• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ foxy i used mk vs kales mk and stock. but the rest is correct.

Shout outs.

ZR- **** tourney thank you for hosting the venue

Foxy- You're a great host/co-host, you always know how to run tourneys. Best in NC IMO. u do the tech work, you make the plans, ur get the numbers, and u still enter ur own tourneys atop of that. I approve greatly.

Stockfield- My gosh.... our sets were hella intense, game 3 was to much. You have improved greatly and i love your determination. Unfortunately im going to get it in at the next tourney, and i wont allow a repeat of Saturday :)

Ilove- grrr i wanted to play you in tournament, if only i beat LDPK!! Good **** on getting fifth, def proved ur one of our best.

Shady- nice placement as always.

Uncle- keep on chucking bro, ur DK is getting good, don't feel bad about losing to twitch, twitch is smart and utilizes his characters gayness very well.

Kadaj- I heard you were getting it in at this tourney. Oh and good job for top placing.

Stingers- You put in work my d00d, beating pp and almost taking out the kadaj, who is considered second best marth. Even if you feel pp did what he did in tourney, i can assure you that Craig was going full throttle. Keep your head up.

PP- my second favorite white guy. You did well this tourney. I know we had a talk, and i know not being able to practice brawl is a turnoff for you cause you wont be playing at your best. I wish you the best at whatever you do my bro.

Twitch- wtf.... play brawl more.

Smith- toon link has improved alot, your set with stock was nice, and so was our friendlies.

Sushi-man- congrats on winning... like all the other times you enter a tourney. it seems that you have improved on the snake MU, that is a plus. We can't have our best losing to scrubs from Florida. lol jk.

Jon- your mk has potential, your falco is still better though, congrats on winning teams, cause sushi is terrible in dubz.... like i dont know how y'all won...

LDPK- GRRRRRR your pika is too good, but i think i know my mistakes from our match. next time will be realllllll y fun ;)

ARC- didnt get to talk to you to much this tourney, good to see you though. We have to do some friendlies next tourney.

Raggy- man it's been like two years since i have seen you and seth, good **** for making it..... Your Dk is better than your mk :/

Seth- was good talking to you man, your loses were by really good people, so don't feel bad.

Snap- yo... im mad you did not let me see the ike. You need to play more patient with wario man. you were doing good against sushi until you blindly ran into him. doing that against mk is just a formula for death. i wish you would believe that wario can have things over mk. it's just that wario can't make that many mistakes against mk :(

Kale- you finally beat me you son of a *****. I'm sorry it will only be this one time though :(
good **** at the tourney, jons a *****, you will beat him one day.

Fyre- you did well this tourney, i did not get to see your matches though :(

everlasting yay- good stuff for entering brawl and doing well in teams.

TkO- yo our low tier dub friendlies were tooooo good. Frame traps are to ****. your set with jon was crazy intense, nice stuff, hes one of our best.

BrOcean- good seeing you again, heard you entered brawl, that's pretty sweet man.

Rpsi- **** seeing you again, keep up the lucas. nice job in lowtiers tourney

Little stock- yo u ****, and u look like ur brother, just less sexy.

Keith Barton- if things were different, you may have gotten 5th at this, stop scrubbing out during crunch time. Love you bro.

NC- We are growing very fast and i like that alot. We have ALOT of things to work on as smashers and i think with more experience that will come. We need to read our respective character boards and record more so we can see what our mistakes are in matches. We have potential to be a top state. We just need to put in the work.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
BRAWL DOUBLES (13 entrants)
1: Harold and Kumar (Jon? + Sushi-Man) ($70.00)
2: We Got It In (Shady Penguin + Kadaj) ($40.00)
3: We Don't Play This Game But We Gonna **** (Dr. Peepee + Everlasting Yay) ($10.00)
4: Tall *****s Wit Big ***** (Snap + TKbro)
5: Smacktricks (Foxy + KillerSOS)
5: LDPK and Cory (LDPK + Cory)
7: The Kids (Stingers + Jim)
7: California Rolls (Mizu + TheGODehT)
9: Burlington Coat Factory (Stockfield + Fyre)
9: Southern Pines (Seth + Ragnarok)
9: Team Inferior Brother (Twitch + Uncle)
9: Arc and Werk (Arc + Werk)
13: It's Not Rocket Science (RocketPSIence + Ben)

BRAWL SINGLES (32 entrants)
1: Sushi-Man ($45.00) :metaknight:
1: Kadaj ($45.00) :marth: :metaknight: :snake:
3: Stingers ($15.00) :rob:
4: Dr. Peepee ($5.00) :marth:
5: Ilove ($5.00) :dedede:
5: Shady Penguin ($5.00) :snake:
7: Legendary Pikachu :pikachu2:
7: Jon? :falco:
9: Zeru Barton :falco: :wario: :snake: :diddy:
9: Ragnarok :dk2: :metaknight:
9: Seth :metaknight: :dk2:
9: Cory :dedede:
13: Stockfield :rob: :snake:
13: Fyre :pit:
13: Everlasting Yay :snake:
13: KillerSOS :olimar: :lucario: :metaknight:
17: A Janky *** Name (Smith) :toonlink:
17: Ben (p.i.) :random:
17: Shimoru :random:
17: Arc the Fallen :toonlink: :falcon:
17: Foxy :dk2: :metaknight:
17: Twitch :random:
17: TheGODehT :random:
17: TKbro :kirby2:
25: Ocean :random:
25: Moophobia :random:
25: Werk :samus2:
25: Stark (Snap) :wario:
25: Mizu :snake: :metaknight:
25: Uncle :dk2: :bowser2:
25: Cake? :random:
25: RocketPSIence :lucas: :gw:
25: ZeldaRox :zelda: :shiek:

BRAWL LOWTIER SINGLES (16 entrants)
1: Kadaj ($25.00) :luigi2: :shiek:
1: Shady Penguin ($25.00) :wolf: :yoshi2:
3: RocketPSIence ($5.00) :lucas:
4: Twitch :shiek:
5: Arc the Fallen :falcon: :samus2:
5: Ilove :ike: :bowser2: :ganondorf:
7: Legendary Pikachu :random:
7: Stingers :random:
9: Stockfield :luigi2:
9: Foxy :ganondorf:
9: Uncle :bowser2:
9: Werk :samus2:
13: Cake? :random:
13: Stark :ike:
13: Seth :random:
13: ZeldaRox :zelda: :shiek:

MELEE LOWTIER SINGLES (10 entrants)
1: Dr. Peepee ($10.00) :roymelee: :mario2:
2: Everlasting Yay ($5.00) :link2: :pikachu2:
3: Twitch :pikachu2:
4: Stingers :mewtwo:
5: Foxy :mario2: :link2:
5: Jim :random:
7: Darksyde :kirby2:
7: A Janky *** Name :younglinkmelee:
9: Ocean :random:
9: Uncle :bowser2:
goddwam foxy

i played sheik in brawl singles
sheik and luigi in brawl low tier singles
pichu in melee low tier singles but i don't think there is a pichu picture.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
NC needs more setups and it needs to stick to its decisions once their made imo.

Also Melee probably shouldn't have had a tournament.
there's plenty of enough setups.....just not enough tvs. There were two setups sitting there the entire time that couldn't be used because we didn't have tvs. That's why I stressed the need for televisons this tourney and for the one of the 13th.

NC please bring televisions (and full setups).

I now have acquired a fifth wii and brawl. But that means I'm short 4 televisions. Please bring those. Foxy is letting me borrow his for the 13th. But that means I'm still short 3 more televisions. Please bring them. And more setups would be great too!!!

Good tourney foxy.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get to play you or watch you much but the few matches I peeked in on that you were playing seemed really solid, I saw you do smart things and I never saw anyone solidly beating you, next tourney we can do some friendlies.
Thanks. I think I played well, but everyone else I played was really good. NC > MN lol

I want to play you too.

BTW, GJ Foxy and ZeldaRox for hosting and the venue.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Also Melee probably shouldn't have had a tournament.
I brought the only Melee setup. I just really wanted to enjoy everyone and play friendlies and not have a tournament at all but everyone made me feel terrible about it so I finally just agreed to Low tiers.

I should have just stuck guns about it because I know several people (myself included) ended up having a much worse time due to not getting to play. Oh well.

Overall, good stuff to Austin running stuff even if everything didn't go perfectly (not your normal venue johns are legit) and ZeldaRox for hosting.

Foxy

Smash Master
I brought the only Melee setup. I just really wanted to enjoy everyone and play friendlies and not have a tournament at all but everyone made me feel terrible about it so I finally just agreed to Low tiers.

I should have just stuck guns about it because I know several people (myself included) ended up having a much worse time due to not getting to play. Oh well.

Overall, good stuff to Austin running stuff even if everything didn't go perfectly (not your normal venue johns are legit) and ZeldaRox for hosting.
Well, a Melee side-tournament was already announced, so that was something I had to provide in some way if there was any interest; I had my own cube for it ready for replacing a TV with Brawl with Melee later in the day, or for the case that we had extra TV's.

I didn't know who had brought the setup when most of the melee players showed up, and unfortunately I didn't hear anything regarding the questions about using that setup, possibly was when I was out for a bit. So I figured everyone was expecting to use it.

Next time you can definitely ask me if your Melee setup (if it's a Brawl tourney again) can be mainly your own extra setup for people to play friendlies on, because I'll be prepared anyways to provide my own Melee setup alongside it if needed.

Ilove is really good. At least better than I thought he would be.
since the very first ncsu he went to and i saw him winning half of his friendlies with duo and watching some of it and doing it with like 5 different characters/matchups

i just saw that he was probably gonna be our smartest player, did a lot of really clever things i didnt think of

and he's getting more consistent lately and now he's placing really well, hes too good

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ilove's a little rough around the edges at times but he's solid enough.

DDD is butts though lol.

I think it was a bad decision to announce said Melee side-tourney then, foxy.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
@ foxy i used mk vs kales mk and stock. but the rest is correct.

Shout outs.

ZR- **** tourney thank you for hosting the venue

Foxy- You're a great host/co-host, you always know how to run tourneys. Best in NC IMO. u do the tech work, you make the plans, ur get the numbers, and u still enter ur own tourneys atop of that. I approve greatly.

Stockfield- My gosh.... our sets were hella intense, game 3 was to much. You have improved greatly and i love your determination. Unfortunately im going to get it in at the next tourney, and i wont allow a repeat of Saturday :)

Ilove- grrr i wanted to play you in tournament, if only i beat LDPK!! Good **** on getting fifth, def proved ur one of our best.

Shady- nice placement as always.

Uncle- keep on chucking bro, ur DK is getting good, don't feel bad about losing to twitch, twitch is smart and utilizes his characters gayness very well.

Kadaj- I heard you were getting it in at this tourney. Oh and good job for top placing.

Stingers- You put in work my d00d, beating pp and almost taking out the kadaj, who is considered second best marth. Even if you feel pp did what he did in tourney, i can assure you that Craig was going full throttle. Keep your head up.

PP- my second favorite white guy. You did well this tourney. I know we had a talk, and i know not being able to practice brawl is a turnoff for you cause you wont be playing at your best. I wish you the best at whatever you do my bro.

Twitch- wtf.... play brawl more.

Smith- toon link has improved alot, your set with stock was nice, and so was our friendlies.

Sushi-man- congrats on winning... like all the other times you enter a tourney. it seems that you have improved on the snake MU, that is a plus. We can't have our best losing to scrubs from Florida. lol jk.

Jon- your mk has potential, your falco is still better though, congrats on winning teams, cause sushi is terrible in dubz.... like i dont know how y'all won...

LDPK- GRRRRRR your pika is too good, but i think i know my mistakes from our match. next time will be realllllll y fun ;)

ARC- didnt get to talk to you to much this tourney, good to see you though. We have to do some friendlies next tourney.

Raggy- man it's been like two years since i have seen you and seth, good **** for making it..... Your Dk is better than your mk :/

Seth- was good talking to you man, your loses were by really good people, so don't feel bad.

Snap- yo... im mad you did not let me see the ike. You need to play more patient with wario man. you were doing good against sushi until you blindly ran into him. doing that against mk is just a formula for death. i wish you would believe that wario can have things over mk. it's just that wario can't make that many mistakes against mk :(

Kale- you finally beat me you son of a *****. I'm sorry it will only be this one time though :(
good **** at the tourney, jons a *****, you will beat him one day.

Fyre- you did well this tourney, i did not get to see your matches though :(

everlasting yay- good stuff for entering brawl and doing well in teams.

TkO- yo our low tier dub friendlies were tooooo good. Frame traps are to ****. your set with jon was crazy intense, nice stuff, hes one of our best.

BrOcean- good seeing you again, heard you entered brawl, that's pretty sweet man.

Rpsi- **** seeing you again, keep up the lucas. nice job in lowtiers tourney

Little stock- yo u ****, and u look like ur brother, just less sexy.

Keith Barton- if things were different, you may have gotten 5th at this, stop scrubbing out during crunch time. Love you bro.

NC- We are growing very fast and i like that alot. We have ALOT of things to work on as smashers and i think with more experience that will come. We need to read our respective character boards and record more so we can see what our mistakes are in matches. We have potential to be a top state. We just need to put in the work.
finally beat you lol this was our first legit set

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
We played in pools at an ncsu, fool

and i think we played a few times in bracket at billfest and ncsu... ( this could be wrong i honestly cant keep track between friendlies and tourney sometimes.)

And i told ya ilove was good, y'all keep trying to sleep on dat ***.

Foxy

Smash Master
Ilove's a little rough around the edges at times but he's solid enough.

DDD is butts though lol.

I think it was a bad decision to announce said Melee side-tourney then, foxy.
yeah obv he has less tourney or irl practice than all of our other good players, so he started with a lot of hiccups but that roughness gets more smoothed out every tourney

and in retrospect yes i shouldn't have announced it, but a number of people wanted one because they thought dj was going to have one, it seemed fine at the time.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Brawl Dubs: TEAM INFERIOR BROTHER = ****! We gotta team again sometime, Twitch. Our chemistry isn't bad at all, especially for our first time teaming. Also, our mains definitely go well together.

Brawl Singles: Get *****, me. At least I didn't get completely destroyed by Craig and I looked good against Twitch before SDing. It's too bad we didn't get to finish pools, but it was for the best. Next time we should not have Lowtiers if we're going to do pools. Either that, or we make more time for them somehow.

Brawl Lowtier: I really thought I was going to make a big run here, but I got edged out by ARC in Winner's Round 2 then Ilove the Bowser Slayer took me out in Loser's. Interestingly enough, we had to face each other in Round 1 before the bracket changed. We actually played the set, and I won, both of us going all Bowser. In the actual bracket, he went all Ike against me and won. His Ike was beastly and I call it the Bowser Slayer because he also took out Seth (he played Bowser too).

Melee Lowtier: Josh's Kirby and Jim's Ness ***** me, the end. Ok, ok, I did have a few good moments, but I mostly got *****. I just entered this because Melee's cool, it was cheap, and Bowser is fun as hell in this game too.

Good tourney, good **** to everyone I played, and it was great seeing people again.

Yeah, I left my component cables at the venue. I don't really need them much right now, so I can pick them up on the 13th, if I can make it. If not, Danny can probably get them.

I am Seth

Smash Lord
SP or Boone where all we smoke is christmas trees.
half *** shoutouts:

zeldarox- thanks for saving the weekend for us smashers. hope I helped you get in the real practice that you desired as well.

foxy- thanks for running this **** and sandbaggin as usual.

shady- imma pick up ddd just for your ***. nice job in low tiers.

uncle- bowser my be cool but he sucks so much ***. donkey kong should be low tier imo.

sushi and jon- nice job in doubles, snake and meta are really tough to beat in dubs if you don't make any mistakes. sushi stop splitting with craig and beat his *** like you know you can.

stingers- thanks for the ban you jack ***.

keith- enter the tourney for god sakes that's what a tourney is for. your attitude alone isn't helping you get better i can tell you that right now.

corey- how was that molded bagel lol.

snap and tkbro- good job in dubs. that was a pleasent surprise.

rpsi- fun matches in low tier, you did your thing and got top 3 like you said. mad props.

stock- we'll get our mm in eventually but I might have to go meta to have shot at beating you. you know your better than your placing.

craig- you suck.

ldpk- your still one of nc's best.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Thanks Seth. I would like to think so, but results are what matter in the end so yeah lol.

Well good thing you tried Donkey Kong in pools so you know not to use him in our MM.

I did the same thing with LDPK, I know not to use ROB I have to use Snake instead.

Oh yeah and Stingers thinks I suck really bad. Good thing Foxy has more faith in me.

Top Bottom