• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You think you're tiff, huh? Well I can beat you in a game of png pong. Just let me finish playing Break the Targa.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
What happened to Adam in pools? Looks like he didn't make bracket?

Also, what was going on this tournament? Seems like a lot of people were not playing up to par, looking at the results and videos.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
no setups, whack scheduling, and a fair amount of people being sick seemed to contribute to this stuff

adam got switched to a pool with westballz(falco main) and hax(who he didn't play up to par against I think he may have already been out though). he almost beat wes but killed himself one game then got shine comboed to death with his probly SSSS DI(looool <3 adam I kid) to lose another game.

sad days for catfeesh

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
no setups, whack scheduling, and a fair amount of people being sick seemed to contribute to this stuff

adam got switched to a pool with westballz(falco main) and hax(who he didn't play up to par against I think he may have already been out though). he almost beat wes but killed himself one game then got shine comboed to death with his probly SSSS DI(looool <3 adam I kid) to lose another game.

sad days for catfeesh
No setups, really? The last Apex had the most setups of any tournament I've ever been to. What was the deal? And possibly elaborate on "whack scheduling" if you don't mind. Kinda sounds like I skipped the right tourney. haha

Ah, alright. I can't really fault him for either of those two losses; Westballz is a really legit Falco main (who Adam already struggles with some) and Hax is....Hax. haha

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
they lost partnership with vgbootcamp this time around....some misunderstanding that got silly iirc

we didn't make it to top 8 on friday so we had to come in at NINE IN THE MORNING on Sunday. they didn't start anything until 20 after 10 so I lost an extra hour of sleep for being on time anyway.

no one could play friendlies to get warm because of no setups and trying to get the tournament done(which was mango's/amsah's at least biggest problem imo).

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
they lost partnership with vgbootcamp this time around....some misunderstanding that got silly iirc

we didn't make it to top 8 on friday so we had to come in at NINE IN THE MORNING on Sunday. they didn't start anything until 20 after 10 so I lost an extra hour of sleep for being on time anyway.

no one could play friendlies to get warm because of no setups and trying to get the tournament done(which was mango's/amsah's at least biggest problem imo).
What were Mango and Amsah's big problems then?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Ah okay, I misunderstood. Gotcha.

That's super stupid they ended up with not enough set ups. That's the main really I really liked the first Apex; such easy availability to play with anybody forever.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah...there was none of that this time around.

i don't feel like i got better at it like i did at ROM4.

but i executed what i know to just about the best of my ability.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he bit off more than he could chew.

he tried to make the most amazing event happen without quite the most amazing amount of space. granted, he couldve used the space we had significantly better, but yeah...he aimed high...and things ended up kinda meh.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I had to ask plenty of people to warm up inside the game for 1-2 mins before starting the match, cold hands ftl and stuff. I'm sure mostly everyone had that problem.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, it was completely bull for teams day 1. me and sneak shoulda been in there, but what's done is done. (not to mention playing jim and stingers as our losers bracket, but that's a whole other issue that i've come to terms with)

i was okay by the time singles came around. idk how i was, but i was lol. (thanks jim. you're the man)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Hey Chris, are you up for a Ganon ditto at the next tournament? I didn't get to play you at the Winterfest, and I want to see how you've improved since we last played. Plus, I've been putting a lot of work into my Ganon, so I want to see how it compares to yours now. This time when you lose stocks, it won't be because your screwed up your technical stuff and suicided.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm down.

this must be what i looked like 2 years ago.

just know i haven't slowed down one bit. and i plan to keep up the pace, at least for a little while longer.

Top Bottom