• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Kage is one of the only people posting in that thread who is old enough to have enough life experience to know what he's talking about; doubly so because I know he's intelligent and I can see the time he's spent processing bigger things. I understand the intent and the thought process behind every word I've seen him post. His only mistake is that he tries to convey it to people on Smashboards...which is a waste of time for the most part. They literally just do not understand what he is saying and it kills me.

"To elaborate is to no avail, learn'd and unlearn'd feel that it is so."

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pretty much how i feel about it.

also, once i realized that french is his primary language, it made a few more things clear. not to say that it really has an effect on how he expresses his views, but i do wonder if they sound or have the same effect in french.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah people are mad dumb here too.. lol. They are stuck in their own drama without realizing it. I mean it sucks very much to see that even my closest friends would rather play video games or wtv escape they may have than to pursue something worth so much instead. Yes it's VERY hard to do that but, to me when you really want something, you go for it with everything you've got.. if not it's just a half-***** attempt to do so and you'll give up midway. To me something worth fighting for means you can be happy all the way even through the hardships because it's definitely possible to enjoy even the hardships if you can see the light in it.

Hell, last time I trained with my friend, my muscles were burning so much but I didn't care in my head I was thinking like "For glory!!!" and enjoyed the experience after that. Ya I was tired and my muscles hurt but it's all part of life too. =P I'm just trying to show to people that even the little details matters, it doesn't have to be negative.. you just gotta let go of pre-conceived notions.. for example if there's pain then immediately it's horrible and you should stop.. hell no man. lol. =P

For me, it goes as far as typing on the keyboard makes me happy. lol.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I mean it sucks very much to see that even my closest friends would rather play video games or wtv escape they may have than to pursue something worth so much instead.
this is exactly how I feel.

kage for president.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm saying the society is HEAVILY based on entertainment now. I'm trying to say to people gtfo of that and find something good for yourself before it's too late or you regret it. And people get mad me for saying things like that? lol.. you have to ask yourself questions but the society is built in a way that makes you stop thinking.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Kage has to be an American BORN citizen of 35 years or older I believe to be president.

I fall victim to the television often, but I go to/organize protests (the Ogolala pipeline to be specific, if you are familiar), recycle, enjoy nature and read philosophy. Thankfully I have some friends who are incredibly "Not plugged in" that prod me to get up. But I'm Buddhist, damn it, I'm supposed to be like a rock and do nothing. Other than watch SportsCenter, but I use my TV as my only source of light most of the time.

I just wish I could have a TV in the forest while I practice my Mega Man world records :)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
french is his primary language
He must have trouble being understood in Quebec.

Joking aside, language background rarely has any impact on mindset. Sometimes speakers of different languages think things in a different order, but the core meaning is rarely changed by that. Cultural background plays a larger role. That said, I've read that Quebecois culture is fairly distinct, so being from Quebec may give him a perspective Southern Americans are not familiar with.

For me, it goes as far as typing on the keyboard makes me happy. lol.
+1

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Tonight is the night gentlemen, our Summer Smashfest.
We are celebrating the exhaltations of our beloved Dylan prior to his exit. Bring your game faces....haters.
Just for Dylan >_>

Reminders: CPs (!), water of the finest sort, foods/snacks/drinks (please?), game systems, games, setups, your controller(s), blankets (!), pillows (!), towels (!), your iPod (variety is good), SURGE PROTECTORS (!), recording setups, an open heart, an open mind (!!!!), dancing skills, FOODS AGAIN (!), Jim and NOT Featherfish (<3), Catfish pride.

Guys, I know everybody is kinda hurting right now financially (a particular Wittle smasher owes me A LOT of money and has for months now, trust me, I understand) but if we can, let's pool what we've got together for the sake of making this a really good time for everyone. Please give a serious look over that list and see if you can bring stuff, not just for you but for multiple people too. We are a family so let's come together like one.

Adam Jones, Kevin Nanney, Aasem Ahmad, Camron Milani, Christen Jones, Lucas Portnoy and quite a few more equally awesome characters are all confirmed; Alex DeLarge, Falco and myself as your hosts.

As a random idea, I think we should encourage our resident gourmet chef/largest standing body of water Kyle to cook for us in the AM if he's up to it.

The Saloon at the End of the Universe aka A New Hope aka My home:

1442 Eva Mae Dr.
Raleigh, NC

Also, super special "Wish you could make it"s to Theo, DJ, Dave and Jesse. Miss all you gentlemen.

If someone can find a way to contact Ali/Peter/anyone with a car (or anyone in West/Charlotte area), get those car situations worked out, pool gas money and make it happen. I want to see you.

In fact, I hope to see everybody.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Just posted it up; GA's next tournament. If you're interested you should think about coming. North Carolina needs representation. If it's too late notice/far, I understand. This one is hosted by yours truly~

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308833

We also have another tournament on September 24th which has been posted up for awhile.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301919

Just wanted to get the word out there for all the GA tournaments planned for now. Thanks guys, see you all hopefully at G6 on the 20th!

0Room

Smash Lord
Alright so
Sorry I had to leave so early

Shoutouts because that's probably the last time I'll see most of you before it's time for school

Josh - It's a lot of fun to just sit down and talk to you while playing, not playing all serious all the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your controller back. I'll let you know when I'm back in town, we should play some more.

PP - There are no words. You do some really dumb stuff, and sometimes it's all I can do just to keep you from doing them. Lots of fun playing you, it really is strange that was the first time I've ever played you! Hoping to see you again later this year.

THO - Didn't play you specifically but you're just too fun not to give a shoutout to.

Foxy - You're so strange lol, the things you do and the words that come out of your mouth constantly have me rolling. Looking forward to seeing you again.

PLUR - HYPE train!

Zio, TC, & Trey (?) - Fun playing teams with you guys, Zio & Trey don't worry so much about playing good/bad/whatever, just play to have fun and you'll get much better in no time :] You guys are well on your way!

Ocean - The Best.

Chris - Looking forward to our MM, no johns next time lol! It's gonna be mad fun. That Dj->waveland off-> pivot bair thing you do is super sexy. Keep up the good stuff, looking forward to seeing what other creative stuff you come up with!

Karn - The only one who left earlier than me, we need to play more often so that I might actually beat you lol. You're still really smart and have great combos, and I don't think I've ever won a game against you. Which is really dumb and I need to fix that. Looking forward to seeing you again man.

Corey - It's always fun to play you man. Project M is coming along nicely, I know ZSS is your baby :p She's pretty cute, you definitely did a lot of really awesome combos! Gotta keep playing with me man, gotta keep getting better!

LoZr - Your spacing and mindgames are super good man, it's really hard to keep up with you and just keep you off my back all the time. Looking forward to playing you again, and getting you back for that stupid tech chase.

Uh if I forgot anyone I'll add them in later
See you guys next time

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah. So it's 0Room then?
Nice.

I just expect more of myself. Sorry if it got in the way of your enjoying yourself, though.

And props to Ocean. We haven't played in a year so i can tell you you have improved :).

Thanks, Josh, for hosting this. Twas a ton of fun.

Oh, and PP - Good try, trolling me and whatnot.

;)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Being with friends made tonight the best night ever.

Or morning. Something like that.

0Room

Smash Lord
Ocean lemme know when those videos are up

ZIO - you didn't, it's just I see a lot of myself in you and so I know how that feels and frankly it sucks. So I also know that this is kind of useless but still, don't worry about it. You'll learn eventually that this game has 2 modes: By yourself/at home, and at a tournament.

The things you know are only applicable in tournament, so the amount of effective training you do only marginally increases your performance around other people. The only way to get better is to play and play and play and ask people "What could I do better?"
And then **** them

Because it's fun
But for serious
Just keep playing around other people, especially ones you don't play as often, as much as possible and try to focus on a few things each match if it's not tournament. Whether that's tech skill or edgeguarding or getting grabs or what-have-you
It's just you have to realize there's a differentiation between the two worlds here

anywho
Lemme know if you have any questions
I'm sure anyone here in NC can answer them I'm just putting it out there on behalf of all of us. Trey too, because I know there's a lot of stuff he's gonna have to pick up quickly.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all this pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast
And they're gone so fast
So hold on to the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing your hair
Can you tell me who will still care?

Chorus:
Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du

Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du

Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose
You can plant any one of those
Keep planting to find out which one grows
It's a secret no one knows
no one knows
(Repeat Chorus)

In an mmm bop they're gone.
In an mmm bop they're not there.
Until you lose your hair. But you don't care.

(Repeat Chorus)

Can you tell me? You say you can but you don't know.
Can you tell me which flower's going to grow?
Can you tell me if it's going to be a daisy or a rose?

(Repeat Chorus)

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all this pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast
And they're gone so fast
So hold on to the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing your hair

Chorus:
Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du

Mmm bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du bop, Ba du dop
Ba du

Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose
You can plant any one of those
Keep planting to find out which one grows
no one knows
(Repeat Chorus)

Until you lose your hair. But you don't care.

(Repeat Chorus)

Can you tell me if it's going to be a daisy or a rose?

(Repeat Chorus)
oh my god

yes

Top Bottom