• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
o, throwing out terms i haven't used since high school
yea i like dem toos
esp when romance is part of the development

cause we can all relate

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lawl it was the most accurate term i could think of.

and chris I'll check it out after I finish Bakemonogatari. Which I haven't watched in about a month. laaaaaazyyyyyyyy

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
One anime I regret watching was Kashi Mashi (I think that's how you spell it).

It was something of a romance. I had to have been really bored to have sat through those 13 episodes.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
yes.
I'm not biased towards the american method of doing said things at all, since i was raised on anime in Korea.
However, I've found that part of the reason they immerse you in the character exposition (i hope i'm using that right) so that the target audience can find characters that they want to attach to.

by attach, i mean fanboy fawn omg figurine wallscroll mai waifu

because most animes follow a cookie cutter mold defined by a genre (ie the "harem romantic comedy" or "shonen action fighting" series

i dislike that
Read Gamaran, or Deadman wonderland, or .. . Air Gear? The manga, i think, actually has action in the first chapter, either that or something interesting at least.

Stuff like Katekyo Hitman Reborn takes a while to get into.

also, about the fighting anime/manga, HolyLand is something I think you would enjoy.
Seriously.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
why do i have to watch 8 episodes before it can hold my attention

sounds like gurren lagan.

1st ep was pure fanservice

most people say it only got good at ep 17

17 eps before i can care about it wtf
This first sentence is basically why I don't like anime.

Also I'm not a fan of the cliched, overdramatic movements that a lot of them have but that's really not a big deal in the cheme of things.

vZakat

Half Genie
I actually watched clannad because stingers was talking about it a while ago. I didn't cry but I came very close to crying at one part. I watched the whole series in like a 3 day span. lol

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
NANA is similar to Honey and Clover.

Except instead people legitimately liking their relationships and being friends.
They're more like those people in high school that hang out with each other/are in a relationship and can act cordial, but really they don't like each other and are dillholes.

I still haven't finished Clannad Afterstory, but I've cried a lot at it. Honey and Clover made me cry, especially about how frustrated Yamada and Takemoto are about their situations.

Another great romance is Koi Kaze. It's about a 30-year old who falls in love with a high schooler who is actually his stepsister. It sounds waaaaay wack, I know, but it's really, really good.

vZakat

Half Genie
Seriously though zero, you should finish clannad after story. That was when I almost cried. Although I thought the ending was kinda wack but whatever.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
HIII umm...idk if you guys know who i am (you should...Did apex commentary)

but liiiike...I'm tryna get down to GA for siege tourney...Ninjalink is going to take a train to NC and ride down with a car...I was tryna do the same thing but theres no space in his car so is anyone else going from here?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
and here are your pokemon contest rankings.
KTM
Beauty: 91%
Sexy: 77%
Cool: 40%
Smart: 94%

Snap
Beauty: 3%
Sexy: 78%
Cool: 89%
Smart: 92%

DJ
Beauty: 93%
Sexy: 81%
Cool: 43%
Smart: 81%

Dahkness
Beauty: 75%
Sexy: 92%
Cool: 28%
Smart: 100%

Yay
Beauty: 64%
Sexy: 73%
Cool: 100%
Smart: 91%

Most Beautiful - DJ
Most Sexy/Smartest - Dahkness
Coolest - Yay

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
i mean it takes time to become invested in the characters, the plot, the world. if there was a way to make you care about what's going on in 5 minutes I'm sure it'd of been done before. however what we have to deal with is called exposition.
It's called Haibane Renmei.

Also, AzuDai is the best anime ever. No exceptions.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yeah, because Haibane Renmei does enough for you to connect with the characters in one episode >.>

I actually enjoyed it's leisurely pacing, though and the ending was great.
I connected with Rakka almost immediately.

I never connected with Kuu, though. ***** was annoying as hell.

Top Bottom