• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:.

It looks like someone just learned about Naruto. 10 years too late,son.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
btw zio whurr @ at
bac2 i was thurr let's play sum smash sometime

SleepyK

i don't like the vast majority of anime.
i just like heckling zio.

SleepyK

I watched two episodes

meh

the only anime i've enjoyed from this.. or last year?
were bakemonogatari (which may have only been enjoyable cause i was watching it with dan) and that anime about children killing each other and some haunted village thing idr the name it was popular (but maybe i only enjoyed that because of daniel tong and elliot)

SleepyK

why do i have to watch 8 episodes before it can hold my attention

sounds like gurren lagan.

1st ep was pure fanservice

most people say it only got good at ep 17

17 eps before i can care about it wtf

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean it takes time to become invested in the characters, the plot, the world. if there was a way to make you care about what's going on in 5 minutes I'm sure it'd of been done before. however what we have to deal with is called exposition.

SleepyK

That's not true at all. American Comics do it all the time.
tv shows do it all the time.

It's very common for Anime to fall back on unnecessary things to keep fans interested (such as pointless fan service) when they could have just made an interesting episode

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well i've never read an american comic so I can't really say, but all TV Shows I've watched introduce you with a basic premise at first and people judge whether or not they'll enjoy it based off of the very first episode ("Trapped on an island", "Medical Doctor with a drug addiction", "Desperate Housewives" etc). oftentimes american tv shows will begin in medias res to put you right into the middle of the action to get you interested and deal with exposition later. anime doesn't do that as much I've noticed

SleepyK

yes.
I'm not biased towards the american method of doing said things at all, since i was raised on anime in Korea.
However, I've found that part of the reason they immerse you in the character exposition (i hope i'm using that right) so that the target audience can find characters that they want to attach to.

by attach, i mean fanboy fawn omg figurine wallscroll mai waifu

because most animes follow a cookie cutter mold defined by a genre (ie the "harem romantic comedy" or "shonen action fighting" series

i dislike that

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol well code geass is a fairly unique anime. besides the giant robots. but who doesnt love giant robots

same with death note. and they're my top 2 because they're so cool and different imo

bleach is the only shonen action fighting series I like but I havent even watched it in like 8 months so not that much.

sleepyK, callin out errbody who doesnt bring a valid arguement
wait what is wrong with my argument =[

SleepyK

lol well code geass is a fairly unique anime. besides the giant robots. but who doesnt love giant robots

same with death note. and they're my top 2 because they're so cool and different imo

bleach is the only shonen action fighting series I like but I havent even watched it in like 8 months so not that much.

wait what is wrong with my argument =[
hmm yes, i do like giant robots.
Perhaps i'll give Code Geass it another shot

I did enjoy the first half of Death Note, but I felt like the second half really just tried to provide fan service. I felt it would have been an excellent and complete story if it ended prior to the introductions of Near and Mello

If a series based on fighting wants to do well, it either has to be mired well in reality so the show doesn't become ridiculous, a la Hajime no Ippo. Once a fighting anime passes that threshold of "what can they even possibly do now?" then it's just no longer interesting, regardless of how much long "cool factor" has been numbing your brain to the obvious fact that the show sucks.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i have never met a person who did not like HOTD
You have met me.

Thus you have met such a person.

Get wrecked.

Also - I'm not gonna argue against someone else's opinions. We have the preference we do, and rarely do we see change in them through debate.

I for one am fond of the anime. I like seeing more character design and unique abilities. Yes, I can get that off of american comics, and I look for the same in them, but the usual simplicity in design of a character is a drawing one for me. There's Berserk, though, that's good and isn't stuck in that characteristic I just noted.

I liked FMA, Noein, NGE, KnGB (Zatch Bell in the NA), Coyboy Bebop, and G Gundam to name a few. I keep on top of Naruto and Bleach weekly because, admittedly, I do like the two. I like the character designs, battles, and abilities they use during them. Although, Bleach has been in a DBZ powerlevel rage as of late.

SleepyK

there's no real debate here, we're just sharing opinions. I for one would gladly give code geass another shot with stingers' recommendation.

plenty of those shows you mentioned have complex character designs. there are plenty of simplistic american comics... it's probably just the drawing style or xenophilia that intrigues you.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well.... there are alot of people who don't know what it is, i found out about it only two weeks ago.

edit: ****.... good bait, sleepy... good bait.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
honey and clover was my favorite anime ever. It was a drama that made me think about certain things in a very different light. I may rewatch it with my gf a third time.

toradora is another good drama.

ttgl was my favorite action.

I keep up with the big 3.

I was not fond of bebop and trigun. I need a storyline :-/

SleepyK

bebop and trigun had episodal storylines that were a part of a larger storyline, much like serials or cartoons of late.

edit: i like dem romances. i cry at a lot of sappy thingies

stingers

Smash Obsessed
clannad is more of like a bildungsroman than a romance but I like people watching clannad so watch it. all of you. =]

Top Bottom