• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

0Room

Smash Lord
I'm lucky to be alive in the 21st century.
QFT
it's so easy to let yourselves get in a "my life sucks because I dont have/want/am doing what I want"

And it's good sometimes just to appreciate being alive and in people's lives around you
So
<3 you guys

/random thought of the day

Have we figured out the van for Rom4?
Because if I can go I would like to know, since I would have to register like
Today

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I've been talking to people about this lately actually.

To anyone doubting their luck at being born in America in the 21st century: We live in a modern renaissance of technology, communication, science and transportation.

Can you imagine what Darwin or Einstein or any number of motivated forward thinkers from the past could have done with the Internet available? The amount of time and energy saved and redirected towards other great projects? The medical treatments we could have to used to save the lives of brilliant writers like Keats (died at 24) or Poe (died at 40), or helped a genius composer like Beethoven live longer with all his senses. How many wars or miscommunications we could have avoided with faster and more reliable communication.

The insane metropolis of the future that is pretty much every major city. The unlimited possibilities to go out and accomplish almost anything you can think of if you want it bad enough. The understanding we have of the seemingly endless amount of space brought about by the advances in quantum theory.

The notions of equality leaking into every corner of social interaction. A black president less than hundred years after black people weren't even able to drink from the same water fountains or eat at the same restaurants. We're experiencing at current a nationwide movement against the unchallengable corporate political system through the organizational powers and the information flow of social networking. The growingly loud and aware voice of a public too often discounted in motivation.

The time to come will be bigger, brighter and better of course, but to think about how many other people who are alive now would kill to live like the lower middle class in America, about how many other time periods where none of us would have lived past our 20's because for 100,000 years we didn't understand tooth decay was killing us...

I'm extremely grateful and I suggest rethinking your perspective otherwise.

I guess you guys are okay too. <3

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I've been talking to people about this lately actually.

To anyone doubting their luck at being born in America in the 21st century: We live in a modern renaissance of technology, communication, science and transportation.

Can you imagine what Darwin or Einstein or any number of motivated forward thinkers from the past could have done with the Internet available? The amount of time and energy saved and redirected towards other great projects? The medical treatments we could have to used to save the lives of brilliant writers like Keats (died at 24) or Poe (died at 40), or helped a genius composer like Beethoven live longer with all his senses. How many wars or miscommunications we could have avoided with faster and more reliable communication.

The insane metropolis of the future that is pretty much every major city. The unlimited possibilities to go out and accomplish almost anything you can think of if you want it bad enough. The understanding we have of the seemingly endless amount of space brought about by the advances in quantum theory.

The notions of equality leaking into every corner of social interaction. A black president less than hundred years after black people weren't even able to drink from the same water fountains or eat at the same restaurants. We're experiencing at current a nationwide movement against the unchallengable corporate political system through the organizational powers and the information flow of social networking. The growingly loud and aware voice of a public too often discounted in motivation.

The time to come will be bigger, brighter and better of course, but to think about how many other people who are alive now would kill to live like the lower middle class in America, about how many other time periods where none of us would have lived past our 20's because for 100,000 years we didn't understand tooth decay was killing us...

I'm extremely grateful and I suggest rethinking your perspective otherwise.

I guess you guys are okay too. <3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No it ends sometime in December or something.

Price for registration goes up some time next month.

This is all for Apex. RoM has no pre-reg.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I wish I could register as a spectator ahead of time. Apparently it can't be done until the day of. :(

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
a quick question:

why isn't anyone going to Felipe's(DAflip) to smash when he sends out invites? am I missing something here because he gets fustrated when this happens and he really wants to play even though he doesn't have transportation ATM.

this is just the general idea I'm getting from all this, at least from Felipe's side

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I haven't seen him post about smash in a long time and I never go because it's a 2 in a half hour drive from my home with college and girlfriend and **** like that my money is limited

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
a quick question:

why isn't anyone going to Felipe's(DAflip) to smash when he sends out invites? am I missing something here because he gets fustrated when this happens and he really wants to play even though he doesn't have transportation ATM.

this is just the general idea I'm getting from all this, at least from Felipe's side
I don't travel outside of Shelby much because going to tourneys drains my money(or makes me break even after gas and food and such), but I'm only about an hour from him. If he ever wants to visit me then I can make that arrangement perfectly fine(and I think we have before).

I could just give you thirty bucks.

It'd save a ****load of time.
It's about the experience! =p

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
a quick question:

I just played with him last week, I know im the only one who plays with him now but yeah, felipe is a lot cooler since he quit taking the game seriously

<3 that guy

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol it's not like this is NY or anything... n**** here aren't just young and poor.

we're far ****ing away from each other

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't travel outside of Shelby much because going to tourneys drains my money(or makes me break even after gas and food and such), but I'm only about an hour from him. If he ever wants to visit me then I can make that arrangement perfectly fine(and I think we have before).

It's about the experience! =p
My experience of entering tournaments has always been unhappy.

But my experience of going and hanging out with my bros has always been positive.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
what has been so unhappy about it?

Also I made the NC Melee Facebook group. Find it if I didn't add you and request to join/have someone invite you into it. Just trying to get us out there more(for new players) and maybe get a little more productive. =)

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yeah, if you're unhappy, change your character. marth is way cooler anyway.

also, i made the NC Captain Falcon is Ra, the Sun god Facebook group. find it if i didn't add you and request to join/have someone invite you to it. just trying to get Falcon out there more (for christians and muslims) and maybe get a little more respect for our big man. =)

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
wowwwwwwww

FB immediately deleted the group and didn't even tell me why. i made a new one and then it was gone even quicker... wtf is happening

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe there are some sensitive keywords in the name? Try changing the name a little?

Or ask/search FB tech support since that probably exists somewhere lol.

Top Bottom