• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I havent been to tourneys in a while but I'll go to one really soon. Only if I get enough people who actually feel like they really wanna play with me. So far I got three. Thats... really good.. yea

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wanna play with you

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I havent been to tourneys in a while but I'll go to one really soon. Only if I get enough people who actually feel like they really wanna play with me. So far I got three. Thats... really good.. yea
herb3 is coming up.

and I would love to play with you.

DJRome

Smash Hero
wtf nc, go to tournaments. the next duke biweekly is gonna be the last melee biweekly i think maybe until march (i haven't decided yet) and CREWS ARE HAPPNIN' so get ur *** over there cause i'll have mad setups and i'll have mad chinese food/burritos/subway/chick-fil-a/smash deliciousness

the first crews of the new year, and the best crews yet. East will fuqqin **** west and there will be plenty of crying by little kids who need to grow up and l2sexy/l2man

GET AT US

DJRome

Smash Hero
it's not the playing of the game. it's the **** that is crews. i suppose it takes the edge off if it's recorded

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@DJ: I think you should respond to Lucas one time and then leave him alone.

@Lucas: you should probably respond to DJ as little as possible.

@NC: what are we doing about tournaments while DJ isn't hosting? Also gives me time to procrastinate on what I wanted to ask him about anyway.

@East: *****

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We don't need hype so much as regular get-togethers. I doubt we'd get a decent amount of people(compared to a duke bi-weekly) to come to Duke/anywhere for a fest instead of a tournament.

I'm fine with a Melee bi-weekly in February.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
When I say hype I dont actually mean getting pumped for the tournament. Its just like we talked about the other day. If theres a duke bi-weekly and another bi-weekly and people having random tournaments on the side I really dont think your gonna get any turnouts.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, this gets into what I kinda wanted to bring up if DJ was gonna host bi-weeklies after Pound, but I guess we'll go ahead and do it now.

If Billfests are being cut back on(I need to talk to Karn about this), then bi-weeklies should be limited or maybe bi-weeklies will be structured to what other TOs host(one non-bi-weekly event in a month, then one bi-weekly, two=no bi-weeklies....just a thought). Bi-weeklies should be meant to not really get hype as much as they should be meant to give serious experience, training, and PR data(since we kinda update like crazy people), which I think are invaluable for NC in it's present state. People can sort of pick and choose which bi-weeklies they go to(if any I suppose....MIKE <3), but everyone would try to get to the other tournaments as they would always be hyped since they aren't bi-weeklies and are meant to have more people and all that.

What I guess I'm saying is, it's not really wrong to have bi-weeklies if you know what function they serve and what you try to get out of them. I think they should be in a different sort of category than regular tournaments though(for reasons that I stated and implied, probably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom