• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ledger, I make no special NC standards. We were behaving.

@Chris: No, but he went and complained to mods who do have the power to move our stuff.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're off about what they were arguing about Twitch, but I'll fill you in on that sometime soon. Probably on the way to Asheboro tomorrow.

It WAS off-topic discussion, but our last off-topic discussion had the thread locked, which was a much better idea. When our alternative is the actual social thread, then it works out better. Putting the thread we prefer here doesn't do anything except let us know that the social thread is now useless and brocating is impossible without off-topic discussion(within reason of course) to keep the thread bumped.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol definitely not about religion

i still don't understand what the functions of each board are tho so i just mix them up

null55

Smash Master
what is that **** when peeps like remove the springs in their shoulder buttons to make spacey tech stuff easier...

and i think i can start bi-weeklies potentially.

EDIT: lol wow PP. i hate your ***. that's like the 3rd time you've edit ***** me.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think Silent Wolf removes the springs in his controllers to make them easier to push or something.

Most spacies players just wear down the springs anyway I think.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lolwhat edit ****?

Ummm, on my older controller they did, the white ones felt sorta broken-in when I started using them, it was mad nice. =p

DJRome

Smash Hero
cam, where would you hold biweeklies? i'll prolly keep holding them, but in case i don't :) i can guarantee 5+ setups pretty much each time, but i really don't want to lug them to your place

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Is anyone going to agree/disagree with what I said about bi-weeklies and all that? I kind of want to know where the state stands on this because I want us to structure our tournaments to make us ****.

Edit: whoa, it's back.

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk what the question is. yes, biweeklies are not regular tournaments. people know this and attend accordingly

DJRome

Smash Hero
individually less important but provide a function in its entirety that is more useful than any one tournament

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Not necessarily. Go back a few pages and read what I wrote, Twitch.

@DJ: Should we have bi-weeklies at all if they're not 'regular tournaments'? That's more or less the issue.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so let's make them into regular tournaments. i'll just do 3 every 2 months then. like tri-weeklies

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so duke triweeklies, with NCSU's, and billfests in there. then there should be room for places to have their own training smashfest weekends, ie winston salem and greensboro, and the rest of the cool west side can come to my place (or something), and easties can do whatever they do to try to get better between tourneys.

edit: so are we saying that since triweeklies are planned in advance that they don't count as much as spontaneous once every few month tourneys? i feel that once i put money in a pot, it should count as much as anything else that i put money in for, no matter how many other people are in attendance. but thats just my scrubby view.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, i agree with chris.

and having a triweekly is the definite of REGULAR tournament. they appear at REGULAR intervals lol

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
edit: so are we saying that since triweeklies are planned in advance that they don't count as much as spontaneous once every few month tourneys? i feel that once i put money in a pot, it should count as much as anything else that i put money in for, no matter how many other people are in attendance. but thats just my scrubby view.
that's what i thought too. then again, i don't think at all when i put money in the pot, lol. :laugh:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
are we talking regular by timing, or regular by prestige/power/amount they count.

regular by timing, yeah, any biweekly, monthly, triweekly, or yearly tournament is friggin "regular". but i thought that the argument was whether biweeklies matter as much for power rankings and such vs. HERB or Munkaid or billfests, which are not regular as far as timing.

it appears as if people feel that tournaments that are regular by timing are not longer regular by meaning/power.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's why I don't get why regular is good LOL.

I'm not sure how much people read of what I said before, but if Billfests get lots of hype and Dukes get little, then is that okay? I'm mad condensing but people will at least read it then.

DJRome

Smash Hero
they should get the hype but they don't. idk why and idk how to rectify it. everything about dukes are mad legit

null55

Smash Master
wtf are you ***s talking about... it's smash, the object is to play the game competitively... so as long as we're in a state where we all crave more tourneys, let's have a lot of tourneys.

who cares about biweekly vs "regular" tournaments... wth does that even mean anyways??? if you're talking about turnout/OOS attendance/frequency then obviously there should be tiny tournaments that happen a couple times a month (Dukes/Smash Stacks [kinda gay name but growing in me]/ w/e) and then a big(ger) event once every couple months or a couple times a year or so (Billfests... HERB) and that already kinda happens... or i'm missing something...

@DJ: i may be able to do something about tournaments being held where my dad works.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If Billfests are still hosted somewhat frequently, then I guess this really won't matter, judging by your responses. I personally like things exactly as they are now, but that's me.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i would prefer a full bracket each time so like about 5 more people need to show up than they do now

null55

Smash Master
cam, i thought you lived in gboro? you would hold them there? also, what is that venue?
yeah. a good space in one of the hotels owned by the Koury Corporation.

just an idea though, i haven't worked out the part where this house isn't my primary residence anymore... idk if that would matter too much though...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yuh where we could have hosted the first herb If I would have known that his dad is a boss there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom