• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Silent Wolf removes the springs in his controllers to make them easier to push or something.

Most spacies players just wear down the springs anyway I think.
nah i wore mine down. apparently if you wear it down too much this one part breaks off and rests on the sensor inputting L or R continuously. thats why i had to replace one of mine lol
/name search >_>

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alright, so for post 10,000 I'm going to go through a lot of things I should say. This is gonna look pretty random and it probably will be.

To start off with, that combo video I mentioned 2000 posts ago(lol) will come out after Pound. We're looking at middle of February/early March? here. Definitely before HERB 3. It's going to be INSANE. Trust me on this one, guys.

Secondly, I wanted to say that I'm proud of the dedication our state is showing lately to improving and supporting one another. You guys are amazing and I wouldn't want to live in any other state. <3 <3 <3
Even though I act mad anal about things sometimes, it's just because I want the best for NC and I want people to have the right mentalities that will help them grow(meaning I probably need to start arguing with DJ Rome more <3).

If I get the right Twitch/LoZR training, then I predict I will make top 10 at Pound 4(this is the only time you will ever see me say anything about this on the boards). Teams......I have no idea haha. I want top 10 for us in that too, but top 5 would be too good. =p

The scene has changed a lot since I started playing. Everyone actually HATED how nice I was when I won. Made it worse losing to someone that wasn't confident in their abilities is probably a verbal form of their thoughts. The old scene seemed like a group of friends(in their respective crews), but enemies with the other crews/strong opponents. Both of these things motivated them heavily and created a very different smash environment than what ours is.
I would say we are slightly less motivated these days, with less hype(excluding our majors like HERBs and Billfests sometimes), but we are more accepting of those who don't have a reputation. Old-school used to tell those players who hadn't made a name for themselves yet to do something/go to something and make a decent showing before saying anything. This seemed to force noobs to work hard to get better quickly to gain the recognition of the better players. It probably scared away the more timid players, but I suppose it's impossible to tell whether the talent losses outweighed the gains or not.

When I first joined this scene, I went to a tournament in October 28th, 2007. Concord, ironically(last tournament that would be about an hour away from me in NC until Stongertron 09 LOL). This was back when I mained Mario. I lost to Boss Nasty first round(pretty **** if I recall). I then played DF2K(sadly not many who play now know of him. He moved to Canada and has a great Peach. He's also HILARIOUS XD) and managed to 2-1 him, figuring out the Peach matchup as I played. It was very difficult.
*side note: Everyone thought Twitch(then 11) to be some amazing prodigy because he was shine spiking really well and being fairly technical when we showed up. I was thrown on the backburner haha. Oh and then I beat Chuk....something. He was NC's best Luigi main, but I had Twitch Luigi(Twitch almost mained him) experience.*

Moving on, I don't remember who exactly I went through in the bracket, but I remember beating 2%'s Bowser(which was PR'd when he played) on some neutral and Japes(I was SO excited when I saw him pick Bowser because I had been watching Eggz vs Gimpyfish matches and had Bowser combo ideas). Everyone appeared to be pretty astonished at my combos, so I guess I was doing something right haha.

Boss Hog was my next opponent I remember(thought he swears I didn't play him then....), but I didn't know what anyone looked like so I get a dude who bounds up to me with a goofy beard and was overly excited for our match. "Are you Boss Hog? We have a match." "Hayul yeah I am dude! Let's goooooo!" This guy picks Sheik. After two extremely close, nerve-wracking matches, I pull out the win. I turn to my opponent and say "Good games man. You're a beast," he says "dude, I'm not Boss Hog." "What???" "Tricked yaaaaaa" and he runs off. That's how I met Malk.

While I'm rambling, I might as well point out that I met LoZR here too(didn't see him travel past Gboro after this tournament.....still haven't save TO4/TO5 haha). He was really nice to me, and was virtually the only person who would talk to me. He introduced me to a few people, and I tried hard to memorize their names. Triforce was there, Karn was there(OH YEAH, I remember doing a free for all with him and his Marth now haha. He had switched to being a M2 main recently, but he went Marth in the FFA). D Shep and some of his crew were there, the Roytards had a good showing(Nick O Teen hosted the dang thing after all....he also told me to stick with the tag Dr Peepee instead of Hot Fuzz. <3). I distinctly remember LoZR pointing to two players sitting down on the sidewalk by themselves, whispering. He told me their names were Ali and Peter. They always teamed, and they were really good. I tried really hard to memorize their names of course haha.
LoZR also talked to my dad and assured him smashers weren't crazy people(Malk met him and called him "daddy PP" LOL).

Back to my bracket, the real Boss Hog comes up to me after Malk prances off and I'm shaken. He tells me he's Boss Hog(I ask twice to be sure and he laughs), and he also picks Sheik LOL.
The set goes down to the third match. Dreamland. Last stock. I'm at high percent. Boss Hog hits me lightly offstage and my only chance to save myself is to up-B. I thought I was going to miss the edge because Mario was so bad at recovering. Next thing I know, Boss Hog is stage spiked below me and I've barely grabbed the edge and won the match. He got greedy and went for the overkill Fair. I didn't feel like I deserved the win(and Boss Hog didn't either I bet), but he tried hard not to show it and shook my hand.

Around this time, LoZR played Ali in winners finals. He told me he would go Mario just for me. I was tickled by this, but watched in sadness as LoZR lost to Ali 2 times in a row(then went Fox and won I think haha....but maybe he got 3-0'd....eh). "I'm sorry man....I couldn't do it." It was funny for me to reassure LoZR when I was a scrub haha. It was awkward.

Then I had to go up against Peter in losers semis. Peter was very quiet, but carried a big Marth. There was some hype for this match, as no one from NC wanted me to win against one of they're better players. I got 3 stocked(or maybe fresh 2 stocked....) on FD. I pick Falco(he and Marth were my current secondaries, but I always felt like Marth mains were incredible in dittos, so I was afraid of them haha). I actually was winning at one point, but that was because I found this dumb tactic that Peter actually fell for for a bit by accident: laser behind Marth to Dsmash. Marth shield grabs surprisingly often LOL. Anyway, I get high % 2 stocked I believe, and my streak is over.

I almost get dead last at the tournament, and end of getting 4th. Pretty cool. At one point during my stay at the venue(oh yeah, the sun was bright and it was outside so there was a glare sometimes), I saw Malk talking to someone, saying "yeah, we should definitely just use the results of this tournament as the new PRs." I'm pretty sure I agreed haha.

That's all I remember about that, except someone(don't know who) told me to jump in a puddle. They said it was my initiation. I jumped in the puddle. Pissed some dudes off beside me, but I ***** that puddle.

Modern NC, we're all bros(sort of....). The floor is open for more diplomatic discussion, but I find it makes things harder to get done at times. It's great that I get to see new talent and new ideas rise so quickly, and I always love it when people bring what they have been thinking about/practicing to the forefront so all of NC can grow based on it. I'm both pleased and sad to be a part of this, as I was pretty bad at handling some of my responsibilities at times(and still haven't gotten it down super-well yet), but I like being a part of a new NC: one that will be a state to be feared one day.

Switching major gears momentarily, I feel like Falco isn't the best or second best character in the game. I feel like he might be tied for second though.

I feel like no Falco has fully tapped into Falco's potential, but players have gone really close in several areas. I'm probably one of the farthest from tapping into that potential right now, but I'm working on it. =p

The hardest player I have ever played against in tournament is Lucky. The hardest player I have ever played is PC Chris/Lucky. The smartest player I have ever played is Cactuar, but the most efficiently smart player is PC.

Moooooving back to NC......

I want to talk about as many of you as I can with this last part of my post. You all deserve at least that much from me....

LoZR- My first smash friend. My rival. My partner. My bro. You have been a great pal to me and everyone in NC as long as I have known you man. You knew I was going to be great LONG before I did. Thanks for pushing me so hard to be great, and thanks for being such a nice guy to me. You have been improving so much lately, I really hope we start going even soon! I want you to be freakin amazing and tear up Pound with me. Keep beastin, man.

Twitch- my brother. You have let me practice tooooo many combos on you haha. =p Thanks for putting up with me and our friendlies for 2 and a half years. You're **** for your age bro, so don't get down if all of your stuff doesn't come perfectly together. I know it will soon enough. =)

Stongers- I still watch our old matches and get nostalgic with that fun music you put on them haha. Staying up at your place and going to McDonalds every time and just goofing off was my first and only only smash tradition until I went to college. Thanks for having me over so much and being such an awesome friend. Though your Peach never quite caught up to me, I must say you have made us both proud with your Meta Knight. =) I fully support your dedication and support to Brawl. I even don't fully dismiss Brawl+ because of you, admittedly. You have a great smasher attitude. See you in the car, bro. <3

Jim- You are too good man haha. It took me a while to get to know you, but once we got to "UP-BEE, UP, F*CKING BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" I knew I had a great friend. You're a man for sticking to Ganon after all of this time, and a bro in general. Can't wait to see you soon man.

Ali- I fested over at your's and Peter's place so much when I started playing haha. You were always mad smart and you have the sexiest Falcon alive. <3 Good luck with your architecture, way to **** me in Brawl, and come to more tournaments so we can catch up my dude!

Mike- You're one of our rising Melee stars. Too bad you plan on leaving Catfish and all of our love behind in 6~ months. =p In all seriousness, you and eddie and Cam are too much fun to hang around, and you're all getting so beast at Melee. Blanket ova allllll our aaeeehhhs!!!

Smith- Not gonna lie, I've gotten pretty attached to you. Fucin adorable kid. <3
It's been an adventure seeing you do Smith things at smash tournaments haha. From the incessant cussing to the weed, to hugging that guy on the scooter, to GRABBIN DAT AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!, to sleeping with me(mmmmmmmm), to playing Falcon(heck yeah!), you've enhanced my experience for sure. I also enjoy keeping up with your teen drama.....boy do I already miss that stuff LOL. You're gonna grow up and be an awesome dude(and smasher pleaaaseeee =p) if you stick with us.

Moo- My other buddy I can't get enough of. We talk so much that I feel like a ****** saying some of the stuff I say to you to other people LOL. Your motivation to be great is unparalleled since....me. I approve of your growth and your attitude(emo excluded) 100%. That **** aside, you're an awesome, hilarious dude who is too good to chill with. I want to see you around a looooot more my bro.

SP- you guys are crazy haha. I love it when you guys show up because you all have the most personality out of any group of people I've ever seen. Your motivation is too good, and you're all mad chill bros(except for Fiz....he keeps trying to guilt trip me by giving me money).

Slasher- A near and dear smasher to me because he picked the right character. <3 Your motivation and **** have been really heart-warming lately, bro. Keep up the great work and soon we can start swapping Falco tips haha. Also, I happen to like my breathable pants thank you very much. =p

Black Chris- Another super motivated bro. I bet you're gonna be a beast at the rate you're going. I also like how chill/funny you are about everything man. It's a breath of fresh air at times haha. XD Definitely be seein you around bro.

Karn- We go back to my first smashfest. Mullins' house. You mained M2 and had me and Malk play against you because you wanted to work on your 2v1 game. You've always been around, interacting with the same scene I was trying to create, and you helped me quite a bit. Thanks for all that you do bro, and I look forward to seeing you get off with that Fox real soon.

Dark Hart- We've had some fuuuun times on the phone haha. I don't even know where to start on that. You haven't changed a whole lot since I met you, and in some ways I really commend you for that. Hopefully things turn around for you in the Melee field, but as long as your life things go well(hang in there on that one, btw) then I'm sure Melee will follow. =)

Everyone else- I appreciate all of you but some of you I have just had better experiences with and stuff like that. Don't take this personally but I'm just tired of writing this post haha.

Edit: this post is nearly 6 pages in Word.

Also, I have a goooood idea for post 11,000. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just added people I had certain experiences with haha. Notice I had Dark Hart on there because we talk to each so much.

But sure, if you get off BEHR, then I'll add you. =)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
that post is the best way possible to start off a new year.

peepee you're awesome.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I just got off to doodz. Now im going to bed. Then im going to work. Then im going to some friends house. Then im going to work, then im going to a friends house again. Then im off Monday. Play COD all day. Go to work Tuesday then come home and play more cod and eat more mcdz. Go to work Wednesday then when i get off i hope to see PP at my house.

HINT HINT YA LIL BIT <3

:laugh:

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
YAY dood thats why i had to wack it. Nah for real i love u2 no homo cant wait to play you this coming week. What day are you planning to come? Im off monday thursday friday

BEHR

Smash Hero
Would have been ***** if PP did it the same day as HBox.

2 Amazing south players would have been amazing revealing there vids.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Believe me, if my ideal schedule had been accurate, then I would've posted it today. Sorry. =(

Lol shut up DJ.

@Adam: XD and Thursday looks best right now.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wasn't your first tournament at a Gamecrazy? And wasn't that the one LozR and Thunder went as Thundabuck and Sheriff Jones?

How could you forget to put that in there?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
haha DUB you missed a pretty big smashfest today. there were like 7 of us...where were u bro?

either way, it won't be the last one during break, so get up with bryan in the near future and play some melee with us.

null55

Smash Master
yeah my dad said that **** at the Sheraton was a no-go. get ***** me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom