• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: IMPORTANT UPDATES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well you never told me that. You always told me when I asked you about this that it was too far and you'd rather go to the Brawl thing in GA because you wanna meet Brawl pros or something.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Well you never told me that. You always told me when I asked you about this that it was too far and you'd rather go to the Brawl thing in GA because you wanna meet Brawl pros or something.
Yeah, I said if I was gonna travel for something this month I'd rather go to the halloween bash in GA to play all the FL brawl pros.

null55

Smash Master
@Christopher: yes, of course you can come, i said that a while ago.

@Omni: hell yes, come to my house n1gger.

@Liang: **** you. we're talking about next weekend. read moar. jk, yes this friday. actually, just come to Karn's since we'll prob just be playing there. (Josh/Moo/whoever should come, too! yeeeeeey!!!!! :bee:)

THO

Smash Apprentice
Yo dog, I watched the first two matches. Your **** is legit son.
But like, you don't seem to realize how good dash attack is against marth. **** ****s him up.

Also, you love counter attacking at all the wrong times. Like, marth will be sitting on the ground, you'll be recovering, you'll dair at him, he up tilts, or does anything you die. Many times you do that.

If marth is waiting on the ground than fall away not towards him, marth is the **** at stage guarding, don't try to hit him like that, just get away and set up the action yourself.

On the other hand when the marth jumps up for you, if he double jumps you just gotta mix up air dodge, float, and counter attack (but he can just fair through this if he's got legit timing), so keep it random.

If the marth does the uair falling or from a sh, then he can get you with a uptilt even if you air dodge or such, then your ****ed, just try to get away then, and save your float.

You had a huge problem dealing with what to do when the marth comes down and is invincible. All the marth was doing was standing still, waiting for you to commit to an action, and then when you get nervous enough you usually roll, in fact you pretty much always roll, or spot dodge or some ****. Dude, he only has a few moments to hit you before he's not invincible any more, he has to either go for it, or stand just outside of your range and wait for you, rather than always panic and commit to something stupid, mix it up so at least he only has a 50% chance of getting it or some ****.

Also, you did alot of random stuff with the second jump of peach. I'm not really sure what you were tryin to do there but it never really went any where, you may have had a plan I didn't see but at least think over why you were doing that stuff instead of positioning yourself in places that gave you an advantage.

You used some legit turnip closes on that marth. That was too good, in fact most of your good kills came from that. I liked it. One thing you can do though is mix up the timing in which you throw. You tend to throw right as you jump, but you can also throw as your coming down from the jump as a slight tempo change. This also allows you to get a different angle with the radish and your fair or nair than you could other wise.

So its like a bit if a mix up game, if you jump and marth sits outside of range, you wait and throw the radish as your coming down, this acts as greater pressure, and limits the time between the radish hitting marth's shield (if he's shielding) and when your aerial hits him. Cuz if you hit shield and then there are a few extra frames, he probs can fair you before fair comes out. If the marth see's you jumping and jumps in for a fair in your preparation you can throw the radish and take him out.

That is basically why having a radish on marth is the ****. You gain control of the pressure in the match. Mix that up with dash attack and you got legit game on marth.

Another thing you seemed to wait on a bit was when you faired marths shield, you usually would either downsmash, or most likely space jabs. If you jab jab on marth he gets a fair (or grab) off, If you downsmash on marth, he can't easily punish, but unless it shield pokes (which is very nice) it usually resets to even, except you don't have a radish, so marth has a slight advantage. You should try mixing it up a bit between fair to grab (if they expect dsmash or jab) or fair to run away, pull radish and reset action. As long as you keep it mixed up they won't really know what you can do and you have many many safe options that keep the match in your favor.

But wait, I'm a ****ing *******. Don't listen to me. I don't even play this game. Plus I only watched two matches, all you should do is watch armada, he's the best.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dude david thanks a bunch for the writeup, i saw some of the things you mentioned myself like...I suck at shield pressure lol, and I don't really dash attack a lot cuz I'm afraid of missing :3 but I'll work on that

and everything else you said, you're the ****in best <3 and you're too good to not play this game, play melee again, i saw you wrecking at herb2

THO

Smash Apprentice
hahahahaha, nah dog, i just like it you play peach, cuz she's legit.

I'll try to watch more later, but for now I sleep. Bye Bye

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dude David play Melee!!!

Result: It was a tame thing compared to their usual exploits. I went on the wrong night lol. The women were sub-par and I wouldn't know about the alcohol other than madddd peer pressure(Seven I will get you back for that).

It was pretty fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom