• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Power Rankings (update: 10/28)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The mass won't care what smalltime thinks. If they decide MK is banned, than the right way to play is to ban him, no? Is this not what happens in other fighting games? I unno . . . I was sure games have banned characters . . .

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Come now Sir Ph00t, people have been back and forth over the issue, so I'll use whichever version of it helps my arguement until I know the truth from one of them.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Nothing wrong with a stagnated metagame and underveloped characters and destroying competitiveness to only Mk dittos and whorenado?
But who says it's going to get that far, how do we know that that's what's going to happen to the meta-game. The answer: we don't. So let's not assume things and let the world play out as is until whenever.

The mass won't care what smalltime thinks. If they decide MK is banned, than the right way to play is to ban him, no? Is this not what happens in other fighting games? I unno . . . I was sure games have banned characters . . .
Like I said, I know nobody cares, but I'm quitting Brawl if MK is banned. (Unless KSK will enter Melee tourneys, in which case I'll pay the money to play, but I'm never playing besides that.)

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I think Echo accidentally wrote down the wrong title for this thread. Instead of "NC Brawl Power Rankings," it should be changed to "Should Meta Knight Be Banned."

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I just told you it's already happening at a higher level. I'm kinda goin in circles now. You can already see it bro.

@Sushi: Well PRs should be changed, we're waiting on the change. Why not occupy ourselves?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I totally agree with DH here guys. If you don't take the time to actually find out how bad something is, you'll never really know, and that's not right. I'm still pissed they banned items in less than 3 weeks, even though I'm with you guys in that I don't really like playing with them as much as without.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Thank you Corey. That all I'm trying to say here: "If you don't take the time to actually find out how bad/good something is, you'll never really know, and that's not right."

I just can't understand why you would let a bad problem get worse.
Why is it such a bad problem? All I see is people using a good character to win.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
edit: sorry to interupt the intense to ban or not to ban discussion

too many people in nc and sc so i decided to break it down into my area code

southern pines power rankings

1)Ragnarok(dk)
2)Dub(bananas)
3)Seth(wario)
4)Jcum(falco)
5)Ocaie(fox)
6)Ian(mk)

Honorable Mention

Zdick(fail)

dont every body get worked up over their placement. the executive committee (myself) was unanimous. these are not subject to change. they are set in stone.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
smashers by the name of bill rankings:

1. BillBillBill
2. NC-Billbro
3. Billb Ill Bill
4. Me

----
Non-honorable mention:

gimpyfish <-----------------------totally not a bro.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Loolol Bill and your Gimpy shots. Of course, that's nothing compared to what Chaddd's doing, which is still funny. Every time Chaddd makes a thread I know my day will go well.

What are you planning on doing with the rankings Billbro?

Can we at least re-vote cuz I didn't know I could include SC.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I think SC should stay and so does Ali and Karn so for now I think we will keep the SC players that participate regularly in our tournaments on the rankings. The re-voting though is probably a good idea and it is something we will do soon but probably not for at least a month or two. We'll all talk and figure something out at the next Bill.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I see. That's a good plan bro, but I'm not sure if Ali and Peter are ever going to the next one or not.

Should we get any SC panelists? I'm just throwin stuff out there again.

lord karn

Smash Master
"I don't know why everyone thinks people will magically find a counter to meta. It's not going to happen."

"I don't see why people want to struggle so hard to make a bad part about the game good, when they could just ban him and accept the good part."

Also, why do we have to ban MK to solve the problem? Why don't we wait and see what happens before we conclude that MK will never have a counter or a weakness that can be exploited and abused? You don't know it will never happen, so stop saying you do. Nobody knows what going to happen, people just want to get ride of him because they can't find a way around MK's "brokenness" yet. Why don't people want to give it some time? What's wrong with that? Why does he need to be banned right away?

If June '09 comes around, and he's completely taken over competitive play i.e. the meta-game and all top 8 at every other tournament, then he deserves to be banned, but we're not at that point yet.
There really isn't anything that can counter meta. Even the yoshi chaingrab to death thing isn't enough, because meta just has too many good options. It's not that there is a specific tech that can be found that will work against metaknight and stop him. If that was the case you would think a character that can kill him by grabbing him would be enough.

Brawl is a pretty simple game. There are very few combos, and there aren't really different moves you have to learn to fight different characters. You really just have to know if the opponent can out camp you, what kind of shield pressure they can do, and what their spacing is. It's not like in melee where you learn different combos and different percents and characters you can do them against. Meta just has some basic properties but enhanced well beyond the other characters. His moves are just far and away better than other characters moves. Same with his speed, his recovery, everything except his weight. Think about it like this: there are two giant monsters in a fight. One of them is just your everyday giant lizard with teeth and other lizard things. The other is pretty much that but with fire breath, giant wings, spikes all over his body and acid for blood. Sure, if the everyday giant lizard is just really good he might be able to beat the super monster, but he definitely doesn't have the advantage. Metaknight is the super monster, and the rest of the brawl cast is pretty much the everyday giant lizard.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MK should be dead. As if giving us a mode in the kirby games that allows us to play through the game straight as MK, no saves, wasn't enough to spell "broken" . . . . IMO, I could care less what anyone thinks. When I saw this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bd_K_Wy1Vc This was all I needed to hate the character. I've not put research into the game. Not enough cause I don't think it needs that effort. But what? Forgive my ignorance, but "who was this no-name Forte? And how is he beating my L0zR? MY L0zR!?! And why did you people let him gain second at that tourney?" These questions I was asking myself as I witnessed the slaughter . . . Good lord almighty.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
*high fives Corey*

Zio...I love ya buddy...but...*sigh*

Let it be known that I never said he should be banned [and if I did...oops haha I didn't mean it]. If one happens, then there's nothing I can do about it and I'll have one less character to worry about. Oh well. Can't say it won't make life easier, but considering the region I'm in, MK is the least of my worries >_<

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like I said, I don't care what anyone thinks of me - I say MK should be banned. This is me. Who am I, though? I don't play this game.

Also, I only used that video to provide an example . . . But yeah, it was saddening to see my good buddy get hit so hard. ;_;

I'm not dismissing forte's skills either, though - Those matches I watched when he played as Bowser were intense for me. I wished he had gone through it all as Bowser, cause he did very well as that character. The matches with his meta were not as intense. That's just me. <_<

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Should we get any SC panelists? I'm just throwin stuff out there again.
wink wink nudge nudge.

imho, take another vote after one or two more billfestivals. That should give us SC folk some time to get up there. I'll try and bring some more people with me when I go up on the 15th, like JoeC, and Jman.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alright Crio, I'll do my very best to take SC into consideration. Please have your bros play NC bros as much as possible when you go ok? I need good matchup knowledge on both sides so I can make the best decision.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:( This sucks living so far away from Bill (well, not really even far, my dad just never wants to take me and my parents never let me get a ride with anyine else) )= But I'll try my best to make the 15th and show off my climbers

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm probably teaming with Twitch, so that leaves DH for you. He's still pretty good man, and if you both have improved like you've told me, then your team would do well.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I might not even do Melee Teams kinda want to save money.

But I probably will cause I will be hyped up.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Megh not really. x3

Kinda dont want to do Melee Teams or Brawl Teams.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You dislike Brawl much more, so why would you do teams in that? I'd wait and see how Dark Hart plays before you determine that.

Should he not wanna do teams, then I guess you can do Brawl, but then who will you team with?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I dont dislike it I just dont want to play it that much anymore. D:

I dont know. D:

Im horrible with finding teammates. D:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Easier said than done.

I am going to Rutherfordton to play some of those bros (maybe Munkey) today. Should be fun.

I'll have to stick to playing you guys at whatever tourney I can make it to though bro.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I will play you at Bill Bro

I really just want to play Melee all day.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll be playing different people the whole time I'm there (cuz I've made plenty of offers to play people lol), but whehn I'm not doing that, I'll certainly play you bro.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Please. >w<

I really want to go out to eat with the bros. <33

You comin for lunch with us?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think that, due to Melee getting wrapped up quickly, there will be plenty of time between Melee and Brawl, so yeah.

I'll probabably have to leave a little before you bros to get warmed up for Brawl/play people in Brawl I promised to.

I think we should get off this thread with this conversation now bro. Save discussion here for PRs.

Top Bottom