• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Power Rankings (update: 10/28)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm just wondering because I'd say Brawl and Melee discussion in the same thread would be tough to keep up with, but separately they may be a little cluttering to look at for people viewing the Atl South boards. Oh well, it's better than spam I guess lol.

Two seems good.

Yeah, we're top 3 in NC, but after that things get interesting....I don't plan on having a list that I'm fully ready to support until after HERB (Melee that is). I'll be working on getting some preliminary ones before that though.

For Brawl, this will be difficult since many NC players don't care. The PR could be just what we need to get some enthusiasm going though. Who knows? NC might develop into a mighty Brawl state too.

Edit: Stingers don't hate the brod.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Augh seriously...I really think one thread is a much better idea then two. Because every melee person will stick to the melee thread while the 4 brawl people are the only ones posting in that thread. See: This Brawl PR thread.

If you merge them, people will be more interested in both of the rankings instead of just their game. Honestly, the idea of PRs is to stimulate competition within the state; what's the point of splitting them up if it results in unbalance?

wtf I wasn't hating on him I was being serious. just one tournament and he nailed the top 3 in NC perfectly. he's tew gudz

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
There's unbalance whether I keep them together or apart, mooot.

People viewing discussion on PRs will be disoriented though.

People discussing PRs will be disoriented.

That's not fair. This thread is unused because Bill left for WoW, not because 4 people play Brawl. We could get a decent Brawl PR discussion (for NC ONLY if SC is wondering) if I made a separate thread.

There's no harm in doing it separate for now, since, by the results other states have had, it has worked out better.

Oh well then my bad. Frames is indeed too gudzs.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Why would discussion be disoriented just because it's in the same thread? Its always clear whether someone is talking about Melee or Brawl based on the context of the post. There won't be some major confusion due to the two threads being merged.

PP, can you actually find any Melee PRs on the boards these days? Seriously, I admit I don't actively search for them but when I see PRs they're almost always Brawl.

But I guess since you're the one making the thread(s) you can decide what to do. Just know I don't approve of separate threads. I hope that influences your decision. (>XFD)

edit: Separate but equal never works PP ever heard of Plessy vs. Fergusonhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_v._Ferguson

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm saying there would be many posts to work through to find something to respond to, it's too messy, ESPECIALLY around finalized list dates.

Yes, there are Melee PRs, as stated by Frames that most states keep theirs separate. FL actively posts in theirs still as a matter of fact. Besides, you can't go by Atl South only, we're not all together like other regions.

Should it fall through, then I can always switch over to a both-game thread if/when a list for both games are finalized.

Didn't that get overturned? I forget. Being tired and not remembering important history ftl.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
plessy vs. ferguson said separate but equal was constitutional, and that was overturned.

so if you make 2 threads, you're going against the supreme court. i thought you were a good boy, pp :/

Malk

Smash Champion
why would you want the melee people in the brawl thread?
honest to god you get ****ing stupider every day

FIRST OF ALL power rankings in NC have never brought anything good to the game. They've only motivated 2 people ever (richard and bill) and both of those people were made fun of mercilessly until they eventually admitted that they began to hate the power rankings. If the cash ****ing prize of a tournament isn't enough to motivate someone to get better, a list isn't going to.

That being said I don't really give a **** if you and PP want to make some... other than the fact that you (stingers) have not played anyone in ages in either game. Also, a good neutral judge shouldn't be the best in the state (PP) as oftentimes it is hard to judge people at a lower skill than you... PP would have a very hard time deciding if say BEHR or VILT is better, since he can reliably 4 stock either of them.

Karn is probably the most qualified person to judge a power rankings in the state at this moment. Peter would probably be best for West smash and no one in East smash plays anymore :C

why would you want the melee people in the brawl thread?
honest to god you get ****ing stupider every day

FIRST OF ALL power rankings in NC have never brought anything good to the game. They've only motivated 2 people ever (richard and bill) and both of those people were made fun of mercilessly until they eventually admitted that they began to hate the power rankings. If the cash ****ing prize of a tournament isn't enough to motivate someone to get better, a list isn't going to.
**** JUST GOT ****ING REAL *****ES

cle

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hey i never said I wanted to make them (and if I did I wasn't being serious)

however, i did say I wanted some made =) and because yeah I actually care about the state rankings. oh god i'm a nerd etc

I told PP to get Ali and Karn's opinion (because they're obviously qualified) and then make a topic. And for Melee, he should talk to Lozr and one-two of the Gboro people +karn and ali. i don't believe i have any place on a power rankings panel lol

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
DR. PEEPEE. i <3 you bro

behr, your such a bromosexual, but that's fine with me i <3 my teddy behr always & 4ever

ptown

Smash Ace
malk is right: i'm the best power ranker of the western hemisphere.

i'm so rank and overpowered right now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, not everyone can win the money, but maybe some can MM each other/beat that other person in brackets to get to the next spot on the list. It's about beating the other guy sometimes, not always getting the money. My goal at TO4 wasn't to win the money, just to beat the next guy(s) thrown before me. I'm sure I'm not alone in that ideal.

Malk, I DEFINITELY can't do this alone. I'll probably be asking for your opinon on quite a few things, and Karn's and....someone from Gboro's...I need to talk to you in person about this, though you may detest it to death.

I will agree that Karn could be a very reliable judge. but he can't do it alone. I guess you could say I'll be here to keep everything moving, but I'll be working with the opinions of those that know their fellow NC smashers well.

I know the Melee list won't be phenomenal, but we gotta start somewhere. I can't say the Brawl one will be much better, but, again, I don't expect a semi-accurate list until after HERB.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No wait Malk, I didn't want you to make up some list. We gotta have a panel (or at least get some opinions) and get some tourney results together to look at first bro.

Lol this is NC's PR problem Frames, which has dated back quite a while actually. Hopefully you'll be just what we need to get the first real PRs in like 2 years.

Malk

Smash Champion
No wait Malk, I didn't want you to make up some list. We gotta have a panel (or at least get some opinions) and get some tourney results together to look at first bro.

Lol this is NC's PR problem Frames, which has dated back quite a while actually. Hopefully you'll be just what we need to get the first real PRs in like 2 years.
too late so sad

Malk

Smash Champion
FRAMES pp and I just had a long talk and we decided my PR was basically exactly right so open them up again bro!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I honestly think MALK and KARN have the best credentials for someone on the panel. They're the only ones who still post here, and keep active in the community.

But PRs have always been an issue. I remember when the 1st topic got released a few years back - TC, Triforce, Pacstrife, and L0zR were exchanging far too many phone calls of disappointment, rage, and ambition-in-mind. Meanwhile I was one questioning the neutrality of the panel, when all I was trying to do was gain a position and possible respect. The complete opposite happened and many were getting annoyed.

Honestly, this doesn't need to happen. What happen to NC Bill? Haven't heard from this guy since this topic was made. It seems little dedication is ever made towards this subject. It just tears away at the Panels soul until all that's left is a shell of a man, where there's no country for old men.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's why I'm doing most of my discussion with Malk and Karn, and getting a few questions/opinions from a few others along the way.

I realize this, but it couldn't hurt to try.

WoW happened to him.

Don't be a daisy downer lol. Give me and Malk and Karn a chance to prove ourselves.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm sorry, I didn't exactly have an easy ride getting into the community. I'm just sketchy about the whole idea. But considering it's you - if you at least create the topic, I wouldn't doubt you'd have that in tip top shape.

More power to you and the two for going through with it. You have my support.

lord karn

Smash Master
Bill still plays, he just doesn't go to tournaments very often. In all honesty he hasn't really traveled to brawl tournaments ever, it's just been a while since the last Billfest, hence his absence from the scene.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
But...he hasn't even posted. He just fell off the map. He didn't even upload the videos from like the October Billfest I sent to him.

So, if all Bill does is go to Billfests, then I'm not so sure he should be involved in PRs in any way.

Top Bottom