• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brawl Power Rankings (update: 10/28)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Do we have hardcore MK players in NC?
Well, like Corey and BEHR said, NC doesn't really have an MK "problem." A lot of people second MK, but they just do better with other characters i.e. PP and Alex.

I main Diddy and MK, but I've switched over to MK for tourneys mostly, because I seem to be the only one in the state who enjoys MK. I still plan on playing my Diddy in tourneys. I just think it's totally absurd to ban a whole character. Brawl's been out for less than a year, and people are already considering a character ban. How uncalled for is that? Until MK completely dominates the meta-game and the tournaments, I think he should still be playable. Okay, he's the best character in Brawl. Let's find a way to beat him rather than just making him unplayable. Like I said, if MK is banned, I going Melee only. No Brawl, unless KSK is at a tourney I'm at. We made a pact saying that if I play Brawl at tourneys he's at, he'll play Melee at them.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well there you go. Wait until some no name drops on in to one of our tourneys and won due to playing MK. The reaction would be worse than when Pp entered the arena.

lord karn

Smash Master
Well, like Corey and BEHR said, NC doesn't really have an MK "problem." A lot of people second MK, but they just do better with other characters i.e. PP and Alex.

I main Diddy and MK, but I've switched over to MK for tourneys mostly, because I seem to be the only one in the state who enjoys MK. I still plan on playing my Diddy in tourneys. I just think it's totally absurd to ban a whole character. Brawl's been out for less than a year, and people are already considering a character ban. How uncalled for is that? Until MK completely dominates the meta-game and the tournaments, I think he should still be playable. Okay, he's the best character in Brawl. Let's find a way to beat him rather than just making him unplayable. Like I said, if MK is banned, I going Melee only. No Brawl, unless KSK is at a tourney I'm at. We made a pact saying that if I play Brawl at tourneys he's at, he'll play Melee at them.
The problem isn't that MK is unbeatable, it's just that he has no bad match-ups and no real weaknesses. He makes the meta-game dumb. Overall, brawl would be more deep without him.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I still think MK is beatable.

You just try your hardest and do dumb ****.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol man, gotta see the internet sarcasm. More jokes.

If someone haven't played a high level Meta Knight (not sayin I have, but I have been practicing vs Twitch, and he's doing well enough with him), then a person shouldn't say Meta Knight can be beaten by playing better or doing "gay" stuff. Meta Knight can outgay any other character pretty well, and he doesn't require nearly as much thought either.

M2K has said that his main concern in a match is to hit with Ftilt spaced at great range. That's the crux of his strategy, walking and using MK's highest priority tilt. Not cool.

Sushi, you don't main Falcon you silly goose.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The problem isn't that MK is unbeatable, it's just that he has no bad match-ups and no real weaknesses. He makes the meta-game dumb. Overall, brawl would be more deep without him.
The problem is, Brawl isn't the first fighting game to have a similar situation. ST had Sagat, 3rd Strike had Yun, MvC2 had Magneto. These games arguably would have had more depth if these characters had been removed, but they stayed, and ST and MvC2 both have had very long lifespans regardless. In fact, both are played at a high level to this day. 3rd Strike is another very popular competitive title.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see MK gone, but I have yet to see a good reason to ban him, and having no counters isn't enough, IMO.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
MK excels at nearly every aspect of Brawl. He has exceptional defense, tremendous offense/pressure/range, impeccable recovery, awesome juggling, the best pokes and frame traps (Dtilt and Ftilt), and has miniscule cooldown on all of these moves, with Dsmash being a spammable yet powerful one.

There are no real holes to exploit, since MK can do nearly everything better than every other character.

....maybe on FD DUB lol.

BEHR with your mexican words and sich.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I mean I beat Karns MK. o 3o;

I beat Vilts Mk.

But I think Karn was sandbagging and he did not have enough experience to beat Jiggs...I dont know Jiggs has a lot of dumb**** to **** an MK up.

I dont know thats how I feel.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Karn has told me himself that he only does basic MK stuff. Should he really study hard and copy gay M2K stuff, I have no doubt that he could **** everyone (including me) with him.

I understand where you are coming from though. I'll play your Jiggz with my MK to help prove my point aight?

BEHR

Smash Hero
PP-Sure thats cool with me.

I'll learn my lesson the hard way. ;-;

BEHR

Smash Hero
Rollout is dumb like I dont understand it but its effective. :laugh:

BEHR

Smash Hero
Nope I tried Pound can beat Tornado in some areas.

But Pound can beat almost anything.

lord karn

Smash Master
The problem is, Brawl isn't the first fighting game to have a similar situation. ST had Sagat, 3rd Strike had Yun, MvC2 had Magneto. These games arguably would have had more depth if these characters had been removed, but they stayed, and ST and MvC2 both have had very long lifespans regardless. In fact, both are played at a high level to this day. 3rd Strike is another very popular competitive title.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see MK gone, but I have yet to see a good reason to ban him, and having no counters isn't enough, IMO.
If I were in those communities, then I would probably think those characters should be banned. Precedent does not always make an argument right.

Top Bottom