• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Lol, read the first post, man...<.<;;

And if you're too lazy, here's what you do:

Plug in all four controllers. Set every character to one specific character (i.e. all Fox, all Falcon, et cetera). Set them all on the same team (doesn't matter what color). Do the glitch. Bam, the fourth player is completely black. This is because on teams they lighten/darken the character for the other players, but since there's only three options, the last one just gets completely blacked out. Oh, and it needs to be a time/coin/bonus game for it to work, otherwise the game just ends immediately.

If you want to do 1v1 with this, just set team attack on and kill the other two players, then just count to four stocks.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ my bad, but yeah i just read the instruction and the moveset for masterhand thats about it.

anyways masterhand challenge would be jokes. try surviving for 5 mins having 4 stocks..

Grab to hand-drill to cross stage slap tech chase LOL

linkez

Smash Cadet
^Lol, read the first post, man...<.<;;

And if you're too lazy, here's what you do:

Plug in all four controllers. Set every character to one specific character (i.e. all Fox, all Falcon, et cetera). Set them all on the same team (doesn't matter what color). Do the glitch. Bam, the fourth player is completely black. This is because on teams they lighten/darken the character for the other players, but since there's only three options, the last one just gets completely blacked out. Oh, and it needs to be a time/coin/bonus game for it to work, otherwise the game just ends immediately.

If you want to do 1v1 with this, just set team attack on and kill the other two players, then just count to four stocks.
uhm, how do i kill the other players in a coin/bonus/time match? lol

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
About losing your last stock in Adventure mode:
it's not worth spending this much time just to see the game lock because there's no trophy for it to show (though that really is just me guessing at behavior).
After the time runs out, the game shows you the second Mario trophy (the one with him having the cape).

Best101

Smash Ace
I've just tried to do this in a 4 way free for all with two other computers and it froze. It's a pretty cool glitch. I was trying to get the computer to jump the master hand.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Master Hand is a rare mix of top tier and bottom tier. In a 4-stock match, you can't possibly die with him... but you'll never win, either. I expect another "Final Melee Tier list" to see what the SBR makes of this

Great find, interesting how it's been out since november but we're just paying attention to it now.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Just come to think of it, maybe this is an easter egg that is in both melee and SSB...
Even though there's no name entryscreen in SSB:/

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
I don´t think it´s an easter egg...Hey lets make an easter egg for the players who really love this game, so lets place masterhand in the name entry slot...xD If it was an easter egg it should be more...I don´t know...the speaker should say masterhand (but this soundfile actual is in the game lol) and you should choose it just like every other chara...

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought it was an Easter egg too because of the name on Pokemon Stadium, but some guy told me the people just left it there. I don't think it would freeze up so much if it were an Easter egg either.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Has it been said whether or not Master Hand is tourny legal? I mean, you can beat him in a stock battle. Just dont lose a stock for 8 minutes and get him to 999% and win by %. Might be the gayest fight in history though -_-

Tamoo

Smash Master
The general consensus is that it shouldnt even be discussed whether masterhand should be tourney legal or not. Can u seriously imagine anybody even wanting to use him. Ppl should just ditch the thought of using him competetively imo

voorhese

Smash Master
i found how to play against a cpu masterhand, just plug in a third player controller, click the upper right of its box twice to make it a cpu with no character, then pick your character, and do the name entry glitch with one controller on your box, the cpu is now master hand, and fights you

O_O

This game really is timeless...

Anyway, can someone please explain Method 1 much more clearly?
highlight your name box, press a and b at same time hold B but not A (holding b is like pressing back, but it takes a second for it to actually go back) while the name screen is up, highlight new name entry, and press A at about the same time as you hear the game go back, learn the timing, and then start pressing a at the same time almost....i found it easier to delete all but one name, because when you press the box it puts your hand right on new name entry glitch

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
i found how to play against a cpu masterhand, just plug in a third player controller, click the upper right of its box twice to make it a cpu with no character, then pick your character, and do the name entry glitch with one controller on your box, the cpu is now master hand, and fights you

highlight your name box, press a and b at same time hold B but not A (holding b is like pressing back, but it takes a second for it to actually go back) while the name screen is up, highlight new name entry, and press A at about the same time as you hear the game go back, learn the timing, and then start pressing a at the same time almost....i found it easier to delete all but one name, because when you press the box it puts your hand right on new name entry glitch

lol I just figured out that too :D

Are there differences between the CPU Lv? Awesome mindgames? xD

Pi

Smash Hero
I was in single vs mode w/ just captain falcon practicing shffl'd dairs and moonwalks
and after a while of hearing the 'HUGH' of captain falcon's every move my mom says
'who are you even playing against?!'

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Yes! I bought Melee :)
I got this to work...
It is hilarious to use MasterHand in event mode.

Haha, I tried target test, and you could just hear
MH laugh, and then it froze.

guestuser

Smash Rookie
lol @ knihT

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with the first method? I really want to do the 'playing alone' but the timing is sooo hard for me. You're supposed to press the A button at the same time you would be sent back to the menu right?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The first method is kind of weird.. you definitely can't have a lot of names entered in since you have to get to the bottom of the list before B kicks in and sends you back (since you're holding it)

D

Deleted member

this is a very cool find, and the first post is also very informative.

has anyone tried to go ness vs masterhand on PS to see if it says "nasterhand"?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Has it been said whether or not Master Hand is tourny legal? I mean, you can beat him in a stock battle. Just dont lose a stock for 8 minutes and get him to 999% and win by %. Might be the gayest fight in history though -_-
The only way he'd be legal in tourneys is if.
A. Master Hand fights are only in stamina
B. Some percentage is picked to be considered defeated.

I don't know if TOs want to do that. Nor can I seriously see anyone want to try and main MH (he's way too easy to telegraph).

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The first method is kind of weird.. you definitely can't have a lot of names entered in since you have to get to the bottom of the list before B kicks in and sends you back (since you're holding it)
You can scroll to the bottom of the name list, then press B, then try the trick. It'll still be scrolled to the bottom.

Top Bottom