• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Tried this out the other day, great find. I've always wanted to do this, and I would never buy an AR

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I tried this but the few times I got it the game moved me on to the game without letting me play MH.

Is this glitch version specific? Or am I just messing up?

keeper

Smash Champion
I tried this but the few times I got it the game moved me on to the game without letting me play MH.

Is this glitch version specific? Or am I just messing up?
This, I got it to send me to stage selection, but when I selected the stages, both characters appeared as normal.

voorhese

Smash Master
i cant get it, and all i wanna do with it is play alone on the stage like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZGnp2Sqb_k

(not a rick roll)
easiest way is to delete all the names but one, then when you click on the name entry, it will automatically be on new name

hit a+b (hold b and let go of a), then time pressing a at the same time the b would take you to versus mode

Wrath`

Smash Master
I got it to work the two controller method, it sometimes freezes upon stage select, but it mad fun when you get to play him

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I cannot get this to work. At all. Every time we try it it just goes back to the previous screen, and we've been pressing at the same time.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Just takes timing. Don't do it at EXACTLY the same time if that's not working. Try varying the timing. I find the single person method a lot easier, but that's me.

voorhese

Smash Master
does anyone know why if u do the master hand glitch, then leave, then do the portrait glitch

it crashes?

it says masterhand is sheik, and the portrait glitch just changes the portrait right?
or is there more than meets the eye?

a13c

Smash Cadet
lol melee is the best

Why Masterhand?
I want to play Sandbag so I can sandbag all the time!

Ha Melee will always be the best game ^_^

@ Novice and Dev2000
The glitch was found in the PAL-Version.

2 good

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
IDK if this is new, NOT discovered by me, was found by a local peach player here in MN named ******mailman

anyways. go to training mode with master hand, hit reset and the hand will switch sides so he's facing right, also his moves do the opposite animations, so instead of flying from the background they come from the front side lol

after he told me i played with it and found another interesting thing, do the finger lasers then reset during the animation and the lasers will not turn off. you can stack them to so they do a lot more damage.

:)

EDIT:
omfg epic XD
if ur in practice and press reset, he will be backwards XD
and while he's backwards, Do his walking finger move and he'll be moon walking XD
guess that parts not new, but he never mentioned the lasers.

voorhese

Smash Master
not really new, but i dont think it was mentioned... i knew about it, and im sure a lot of people did also

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
did you know you can freeze the game with enough lasers stacked etc? i mean i guess thats not like mind blowing information, but still cool.

my favorite is the drill with the lasers going, looks INSANE

X1-12

Smash Champion
I cant do it my game freezes :/
Am i doing something wrong?
Make sure you are not playing a stock match.

if you're not and it still freezes, try using both methods of getting it (the 2 controller one and the timing one)

if not then just tough, it freezes sometimes, it is a glitch after all

Steelia

Smash Champion
does master hand only work on FD?
He works on a lot of other stages.
He... just... works better on some more than others, like FD and Battlefield.

And yeah, he's flat-broke on Corneria; can barely get hit, and if you get grabbed, instant stock, LOL.

voorhese

Smash Master
lol yup, also has anyone done research on my previous question here?, ive done some on this topid (such as WHY it works, and HOW), but when i try to mix this glitch with the portrait glitch, it dies =/

scoobford

Smash Rookie
I can't do it for some reason, maybe because I have a glitchy controller(stops working for 5 seconds, confuses control and c-stick, etc.)

Top Bottom