• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mythic Vol. 1 Results

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
*gets infinited in melee several different ways*

brawl is so gay!

chu has a point, everyone complains about gay brawl stuff, and way less people complain about the gay stuff in melee. once you accept that the only gay thing is deliberately not attacking, and once you learn to handle your emotions about it, then you can improve as a player, and not be a whiner.

I've always felt that melee was pretty stupid and that for some reason it seemed teh people around me never thought that. like 0 to death combos and stupid things like that only bothered me. and the fact that you can only play a small number of characters and do well.

It feels like in brawl, that if you DONT play gay, you will never do well in tourneys. you have to spam the ledge grabs and ledge camp, you HAVE to use your chain grabs, you have to use all the time on the clock to eek out any percentage advantage you can get. you have to play so defensive that a times, the player becomes a robot that sits in a small area and spams thier one move, or camps on side of the stage because they honestly cant afford to play legit against certain charcters.

I honestly dont know what to do anymore. the phrase "quit johning" or "just get better" only goes so far in this game. I've tried everything. played better people, went to tourneys to ask them questions, ask for help/training, and all that. and either it doesn't help or I dont get any help at all. I don't get much help from the metaknight community either, outside of "tornado mor". it's gotten to the point where i dont even think its worth it to even play sonic in tourneys anymore. boss asked me why i played meta instead of sonic against him, and i told him that he would have ***** my sonic (didn't matter, in the end anyways) in addition, Coney destroyed both my sonic and metaknight like it was nothing.

If I can even be decent with a chracter i've been working hard on for a year, and with the best freaking character in the **** game, due to something like me not wanting to camp or play "gay" as it is called, then what else is there?

**** this game. thank god for Blazblue...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
whatever. i dont care what you do you in your dream world of a balanced melee game.
your definition of "credibility" i also don't care for.

good **** GIMR for playig a non infinite-based ICs tho.
See guys, it can be done after all...

SSBMaaron

Smash Cadet
I've always felt that melee was pretty stupid and that for some reason it seemed teh people around me never thought that. like 0 to death combos and stupid things like that only bothered me. and the fact that you can only play a small number of characters and do well.
o my god...brawl noobs are so funny

Coney

Smash Master
this is why i like 64 the best

yeah, some of the stuff is gay, but EVERYONE has at least one awfully gay thing and it kinda balances out

ness' djc, luigi's ridiculous dair>uair shenanigans, falcon's fthrow into BASICALLY ANYTHING, jiggly's utilt to rest that kills at, like, 8%...and that's not even mentioning all the soul-crushing atrocities kirby is capable of

by the way gentlemen

i am still as of yet undefeated in 64 you guys

SOMEBODY STOP ME

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I've had it for a while thilly gooth.

I just like yellow moar =o
Oh well I'll send you an invite then.

It feels like in brawl, that if you DONT play gay, you will never do well in tourneys. you have to spam the ledge grabs and ledge camp, you HAVE to use your chain grabs, you have to use all the time on the clock to eek out any percentage advantage you can get. you have to play so defensive that a times, the player becomes a robot that sits in a small area and spams thier one move, or camps on side of the stage because they honestly cant afford to play legit against certain charcters.

I honestly dont know what to do anymore. the phrase "quit johning" or "just get better" only goes so far in this game. I've tried everything. played better people, went to tourneys to ask them questions, ask for help/training, and all that. and either it doesn't help or I dont get any help at all. I don't get much help from the metaknight community either, outside of "tornado mor". it's gotten to the point where i dont even think its worth it to even play sonic in tourneys anymore. boss asked me why i played meta instead of sonic against him, and i told him that he would have ***** my sonic (didn't matter, in the end anyways) in addition, Coney destroyed both my sonic and metaknight like it was nothing.

If I can even be decent with a chracter i've been working hard on for a year, and with the best freaking character in the **** game, due to something like me not wanting to camp or play "gay" as it is called, then what else is there?

Wow, so both you and MattyP just want to call it quits? That's a shame.. I've said it before but I never went through with it. Smash is too fun as long as you learn to enjoy it. During my match with Poyo I was supporting him the whole time, somewhat coaching him.. why I did this? I honestly don't know.. but in the end he beat me. I congratulated him and moved on. I was a bit upset that I didn't take the match as serious as I should, but it was a legit Tourney match and I've learned to accept my defeat. All you can do is go back and hope to improve. What I've learned is that Brawl isn't always about the character, its about the person that uses that character. Keep this in mind. Improve your mentality, study up on your matchups, learn to play campy.. do whatever it takes, and you will see results.

This better mean something, especially coming from me. :p

<3 Poyo BTW. I'm really proud that this man stuck with his main during our matches. Good **** Poyo.

Phailz0r

Smash Cadet
Yeah, also Poyo's an idiot for saying he's going MK against Snakes now. Just take them to SV or if he won there first match or banned he'll goto Frigate.

Btw if you're wondering, Poyo got banned for hating mad crazy on Atomsk in the Genesis thread.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

and i gay you when we play... i gay two characters only... s i kinda disagree with your statement >.> and if people don't help... get better by yourself others aren't needed for you to improve

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yeah, also Poyo's an idiot for saying he's going MK against Snakes now. Just take them to SV or if he won there first match or banned he'll goto Frigate.

Btw if you're wondering, Poyo got banned for hating mad crazy on Atomsk in the Genesis thread.
Lol @ Poyo getting banned.. he just never gives up on trolling..

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yeah, also I am poyo an idiot for saying I am going MK against Snakes now. Just take them to SV or if I won there first match or banned I will goto Frigate.

Btw if you're wondering, I got banned for hating mad crazy on Atomsk in the Genesis thread.
Fixed buddy

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Kojin, please go talk like that somewhere else.. we don't really need to hear that

you don't have to play "gay" in Brawl to do well in tournament.. -_-
YOU just need to get better, that's all

shut up, poyo -_- so obvious

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Deez is only serious at tournys with 15 people or less, fact.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone please sig this.

Also,

Gensis Melee Singles- 290 entrants

1. Mango - Jigglypuff/Falco - $2,280
2. Armada - Peach - $1,425
3. Hungrybox - Jigglypuff - $855
4. Zhu - Falco/Fox - $570
5. Mew2King - Marth/Sheik - $228
6. Scar - Falcon - $171
7. Darkrain - Falcon - $114
8. Hax - Falcon - $57
9 Pink Shinobi - Peach
9 Raistlin - Jigglypuff
9 Lambchops - Falco
9 Dashizwiz - Falco/Fox
13 Vwins - Peach
13 Tope - Sheik
13 Jman - Fox
13 Darc - Jigglypuff

The "small number of characters" you're referring to are Fox, Sheik ,and Marth right Kojin LMFAO

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol i have to be aggressive with my character or the timer runs out. I guess thats why i have fun with this game. It is pretty bland to play if ur not ic. Even using mk in teams i get frustrated getting little reward approaching a lot.

mayb u should play ic kojin.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
lol i have to be aggressive with my character or the timer runs out. I guess thats why i have fun with this game. It is pretty bland to play if ur not ic. Even using mk in teams i get frustrated getting little reward approaching a lot.

mayb u should play ic kojin.
I feel the same way. Yesterday I was playing very aggressively since no one would approach me. It was a lot of fun(for me at least)

I didn't play aggressively against Korn though because if I approached too much he could've just tornadoed me

against takeover I only played half aggressive because of grenade camping.

@Seb:

you should compare the top 13 of Brawl and see how many characters were used.
For Melee I see seven characters.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
1. Ally - $2,336
2. M2K - $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59
9. Judge - Meta Knight
9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede
9. Ultimate Razer - Snake
9. UTD Zach - Game & Watch
13. Bardull - Marth
13. Havok - Meta Knight/Marth
13. Zex - Marth/Meta Knight
13. Chip - Toon Link

The top 10 are more important and there are 4 MKs in the top 10 >_>

I posted the Melee top 13 to show there wasn't one Fox Main in the top 10 and only one Marth/Sheik player, M2k. This completely debunks any argument about how Fox/Sheik/Marth dominate Melee tournaments because this was the biggest Melee tournament in history and there were 3 Falcons, 2 Peachs, 3 Jiggs, and 3 Falcos (4 if you count Mango) in the top 10. MK and Snake still dominate the Brawl scene.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I was merely proving a point to Kojin and his poorly formed argument about how Melee is stupid. Brawl just got tangled in it because Calvin asked for a comparison of the top 10. Just stating facts.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
My Bad for the comparison

anyways shoutouts,

Bolt: Nice Tourney
Yoster: thanks for the ride
Meep: Good stuff in teams
Coney: lets play some more 64
Korn: Nice Set
Deez: No Johns
TakeOver: Your Getting Good so Quick!
MattyP: Sorry for Contributing to making you hate this game
Forte: I wonder how good you would be if you started learning match ups and practiced more.
Lobos: JLB!
LilB: NIce $100 mm lol

That is all I can think of right now. Sry if I forgot to put you in

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
If I have to play Meep, I'm planking while using Metaknight and trash talking at the same time.

Now that's legit play.

Edit: For those of you who don't know how to beat Meep, here's the most solid method with any character:

1.) Don't lose the 1st stock.
2.) Kill his Nana.
3.) Get % lead and run away the entire match. Occasionally grab him and throw him off the stage to make his recovery last forever. DON'T KILL HIM.
4.) Meep will suicide because he won't be able to build enough damage nor kill with a single IC.
5.) Plank/camp/run away for the rest of the match.

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol why do u fuel my anger guy?

im glad i dont play falco seems like the only way mk wins is if he planks at high levels lol XD

mk players are bad.

haha omni speaks the truthh!!!

meepxzero

Smash Master
i mean im legitably beatable u dont needa plank excessively..... Tant was winning aginst me at one point, boss beat me....., and forte took some games off me (3 stocked me one game).

Past 3 tournies ive had one person regrab ledge 76 times, another 48 times, and then an olimar abusing the tether for 34 times (hanging there till i approach). Lately ive been having the attitude of quiting brawl because this game is really becoming ***** dumb. People use to win with air planking now they cant. So they resort to planking. IC are finally 4th in the character ranking. I can get them to 3rd, but snake and mk have waay to many points to take them to first.....

im now willing to split money with this region if u play ic against me in one game just so they can get higher in the ranking. But yea *** this game and some people.

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Don't feel bad, GIMR, it was just one more thing to add to the RAGE BUILT UP INSIDE ME.
*rips shirt, turns into Hulk*

It felt great smashing a controller, I've always wanted to see the insides.

OK, anyways. I mean, the way I see it, the game was never meant to be extremely competitive. And when the game was being made, I seriously doubt the creators were thinking "Okay, let's add these moves for the ICs (and whoever else has CGs) that will make everyone else poop their pants when they play against them." To me, it's kinda like Halo2 Super Bounces, which they fixed in Halo3.

Maybe I should just wait 'till the next Smash game...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i mean im legitably beatable u dont needa plank excessively..... Tant was winning aginst me at one point, boss beat me....., and forte took some games off me (3 stocked me one game).
I definitely agree. I've never planked you in all of our tournament sets.

It's just less stressful and the risk of getting grabbed and losing a stock becomes much lower. It's stupid, silly, and pretty lame but it gets the job done for the most part.

Against IC's, I think planking is very legit. It's the best way to avoid getting grabbed aka losing a stock.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Don't feel bad, GIMR, it was just one more thing to add to the RAGE BUILT UP INSIDE ME.
*rips shirt, turns into Hulk*

It felt great smashing a controller, I've always wanted to see the insides.

OK, anyways. I mean, the way I see it, the game was never meant to be extremely competitive. And when the game was being made, I seriously doubt the creators were thinking "Okay, let's add these moves for the ICs (and whoever else has CGs) that will make everyone else poop their pants when they play against them." To me, it's kinda like Halo2 Super Bounces, which they fixed in Halo3.

Maybe I should just wait 'till the next Smash game...
I would of bought your controller >_>

meepxzero

Smash Master
I definitely agree. I've never planked you in all of our tournament sets.

It's just less stressful and the risk of getting grabbed and losing a stock becomes much lower. It's stupid, silly, and pretty lame but it gets the job done for the most part.

Against IC's, I think planking is very legit. It's the best way to avoid getting grabbed aka losing a stock.
I just think its kinda silly when people plank just to run the timer. I feel REALLY bad for falco players that fight mk. They have no option to beat air camping and combine that with planking falco will lose the match up like how dojo beat dehf. Apparently there was a lotta arguement over that. It timed out at 2 stocks and dojo won with a 20% lead....

I dont mind if people do it to get their composure back and try to fight me again. I havent had the timer run on me in months cuz ive been mastering my character real well and keepin my eye on the timer. This is what seperate bad ic players from the good ones.

I just cant do anything at this point if people plank to run the timer tis all im saying.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Same arguments every results thread in this region when Meep is there, just stop replying to them, good lord. Use the infinite until its banned or someone jumps you in the parking lot and makes your fingers unusable with a bat/club/their teeth, ****!

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
lol i dont like people walking over me.... It shouldnt be acceptable to excessively plank me when really good people can beat me the regular way.
just cause some people can beat u witout planking doesnt mean others can and until they can they will plank u. I guarantee u if i play u again im gonna super plank u, even if u get upset and start cursing.:bee:

unless ofcourse u pick a diff character. sorry, but gotta fight gay with gay.:)

Top Bottom