• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mythic Vol. 1 Results

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
xyro already proved he is a strange TO, we should pretty much disregard that as normal

or rather, if you regard it as normal, you're an idiot

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
xyro already proved he is a strange TO, we should pretty much disregard that as normal

Coney

Smash Master
i really don't think MK should be banned, but my tourney experience is certainly being soured by him!

these are the results of four recent tourneys:

gamepad - beat by MK, then DDD (dittos :< )
summer smash - beat by snake, then MK
C3 - beat by MK, then MK
game haven - beat by MK, then MK

do i need to learn the matchup? yeah, no doubt--but after some tough scrutiny, i feel as though the only way to win is to pray that they don't play as gay as possible. DDD has ways of beating nado, but the only consistent ones are grounded...and if MK isn't just mindlessly spamming it, it's difficult to get past

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Look I dont know why the **** so many people want mk banned..
Too me snake is the best character in the game by far I really think people should have ban snake protest.
But of course he is my main so I will be mad if he gets banned LOL
Coney I told you from the start mk is gay against ddd but I know an idea of a way around that matchup.. Why do you think atomsk & co18 beast against great mks??
Ohh yea come to danny's place tomorrow we are brawling for sure just to get practice in for the week

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Xyro77. Hands down one of the worst TO's I have ever encountered. He is a Samus user who caters to low tiers and says very incriminating things about anyone as long as it supports a Pro MK Ban argument.

Anyway, it isn't an easy match-up for DDD. You can't rely on his easy mode methods such as chaingrabbing or gimping with b-air. It requires a high understanding of the match-up and intelligence from the player. Given that in any situation where a character is at a disadvantage, it will always require the character using the lower tier character to use more brain power in most cases.

Watch Atomsk, C018, Lain vids of DDD. Once you know what you're doing, it is a really fun match-up and you can usually have a DDD that destroys above average MK's.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I friggin love snake why does the funnest but cheapest character in the game have to be snake...
but snake is the only reason I play brawl now & I would say Ike is the next fun character to play.. LOL
so if snake is banned i'll just play Ike
& omni is right that ddd matchup is just as much a pain... but remember I had problems with ddd vs. snake even though we both think that is a 50/50 matchup.. & i got knocked out my last two tournies disregarding this tourny by a ddd but when i learned the matchup Im not as worry about playing one. But the only matchup problem I have is falco & a little bit of ic's even though I know what do against them..

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Another wolf main in md/va. Good. Dacit (dash attack canceled item toss) against diddy is ****. Wolf flies across the field. his nanerz become ours.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Xyro is my friend, no matter how strange his actions are XP

Razer told me he wasn't happy about Xyro banning Mk from their tourneys, but he does want him banned overall.

TX is just strange o_o

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Yes, exactly. Please read the OP's people.
No, I'm not saying I don't read the OP, I do >.> I'm saying it's easier to have a constant set of CPs, that way I'm not having to memorize a new list every tourney, not saying that it's hard but having to deal with a different list every tourney would just get annoying. Also having a standard Tourney rules set with Norfair banned would not require me to practice on it while having t banned sometimes would require me to practice on it more on the chance that it might be a CP and if it isn't, it's wasted practice I could have been using on other stages. Just saying, it'd be more convenient.

MK banned tourneys fail, because when they go to an OOS tourney or a non-MK banned tourney, they get ***** by their lack of MK experience =/

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Good **** with memory everyone.

[/SIZE]

Fixed to what I remember.

Ben should of banned both Norfair and Japes to prevent that from happening. :/ I think the two maps are good enough to be in tourney which is why they were legal. Spice things up. ;)

Sonic is hard to use in teams, I tried it at the smashfest we had earlier in the week and its hard to think fast enough especially with such a technical mindgame character.. he's great for singles, but teams.. I'm not too sure.

Fixed from what I can remember. lulz.
I've seen Shado and Speed do it really well at C3 but that goes without saying it probably took them a good while of playing with each other to get it right.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Yeah i really need to get on that.

Wanna dittos?
sure ill ditto ya. and about the dacit. i can only throw the item up but i still slide as far. still dont know how to go any direction but up with items. u goin to c3?

Robotic Darkness

Smash Rookie
Snake fun to play? LOL how? Nade camp, grab, u-tilt. I mean he actually is possible to play decently with one hand lmfao. Anyway MK imo is still better than Snake but most people (including myself) have an easier time against MK than Snake cause everyone plays MK so we get the experience.

Also expect to see me at a tournament soon, MD/VA used to have **** load of R.O.B. mains now only JJ. I think I can add the the R.O.B.s :laugh:

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Snake fun to play? LOL how? Nade camp, grab, u-tilt. I mean he actually is possible to play decently with one hand lmfao. Anyway MK imo is still better than Snake but most people (including myself) have an easier time against MK than Snake cause everyone plays MK so we get the experience.

Also expect to see me at a tournament soon, MD/VA used to have **** load of R.O.B. mains now only JJ. I think I can add the the R.O.B.s :laugh:
yea your right but disagree wiith mk being better

Deez.

Smash Lord

g00d ****. Md/Va needs more ROBS. I wish you good luck sir. If you need diddy practice im willing to help you. XD:)

Deez.

Smash Lord
Looks like my ROB will have to come out of hiding, specifically to fight diddy and other peeps
It's funny you say that... because your ROB is one of the ones i hated the most, and was actually pretty good. XD you should def bring it out not just for Diddy but ICS also.. I heard ROB ***** Ics.:laugh:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro is our king XD
You guys are too kind.

Join me! Ban metaknight in your area(if you are a TO) and ask/beg other TOs in your area to do the same.

Xyro is my friend, no matter how strange his actions are XP

Razer told me he wasn't happy about Xyro banning Mk from their tourneys, but he does want him banned overall.

TX is just strange o_o
Honestly, people like razer put the COMMUNITY, lesser skilled player and new gen players ahead of himself. He thinks meta being gone is good for them. Hes in the top 3 snakes in the USA right now so meta isnt as hard for him as most(so PERSONALLY meta aint that bad)

Being different/strange(thats an opinion) is not bad. If my events were HORRIBLE and the rules sucked, no body would go nor would i be able to have 17 HOBOs. Just cause im not like the common TO doesnt me i am any LESS amazing. I do things 99% of the public is afraid to.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
You guys are too kind.

Join me! Ban metaknight in your area(if you are a TO) and ask/beg other TOs in your area to do the same
The Community is already getting smaller, we'll probably have 1/5 of the smash community quit if this happens.

I don't want that, plus MK is beatable. The top player in our region plays Icies.

Plus most of the MKs in our region don't play super gay.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well we'll agree to disagree, for the most part. I reply with the same reply- if my events were horrible and the rules sucked, nobody would go nor would I be able to host MAGFEST, Summer Smash, Chu DOJO, Brawl at the Mall, etc.

I do things that the public won't do, like ban all the absolutely homo stages like Japes, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's, and have Yoshi's and Lylat as CP and not netural.

But most of your HOBO events have had metaknight legal, only a few were not IIRC, which was the main point of discussion. And you just proved my point in general, that if people regard your rules as normal, they are an idiot. I never said that this was a bad thing etc. although it was pretty clear by my tone that I don't agree with it.

Lykeios

Smash Apprentice
sure ill ditto ya. and about the dacit. i can only throw the item up but i still slide as far. still dont know how to go any direction but up with items. u goin to c3?
Hmmm i don't really know about c3 at this point, to be honest. And i can throw the naners sideways, but very inconsistently. I have to sorta wrap my mind around it. But yeah i practiced last night and i jizzed when it happened.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You guys are too kind.

Join me! Ban metaknight in your area(if you are a TO) and ask/beg other TOs in your area to do the same.

Honestly, people like razer put the COMMUNITY, lesser skilled player and new gen players ahead of himself. He thinks meta being gone is good for them. Hes in the top 3 snakes in the USA right now so meta isnt as hard for him as most(so PERSONALLY meta aint that bad)

Being different/strange(thats an opinion) is not bad. If my events were HORRIBLE and the rules sucked, no body would go nor would i be able to have 17 HOBOs. Just cause im not like the common TO doesnt me i am any LESS amazing. I do things 99% of the public is afraid to.
top 3 snakes i think in US (not canada) is fatal,candy,and razor.

Hmmm i don't really know about c3 at this point, to be honest. And i can throw the naners sideways, but very inconsistently. I have to sorta wrap my mind around it. But yeah i practiced last night and i jizzed when it happened.
hahaha:laugh:

Top Bottom