• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my thoughts on the death of Osama

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
You couldn't be farther from the truth. Let me tell you about a little town called Gillespie Illinois. It is a very small farm town and the birth place of my grandmother. Not much happens there, except for the occasional marriage and the county fair. Surrounding this town is nothing but fields. In many of those fields are oil pumps, unused oil pumps. These oil wells still have oil in them, we just aren't collecting.
The Midwest and the Northwest of America has oil, a lot of oil. Here's the deal though, we aren't using it.... yet.
I kept the statement as vague as possible while still keeping direction(****ing hard as hell)...but what you said is my point. We have resources here...but for one reason or another we AREN'T getting it. (In my eyes inability basically meant the same thing).

America being in the Middle East is not ensuring that America gets oil, but that everyone on the UN list gets it. We are there to provide stability and ensure that that oil keeps on flowing out of the borders.

I laugh at the mere thought that someone could stand up against America. We have DIW's and HAARP. Do you honestly think that anyone can get anything to our shores!? If they send boats we'll send a hurricane or maybe even blast them with a linear accelerator. If they fly we'll burn them out of the sky and if they launch a missile at us our defense satellites will detonates the war head before it ever gets to us. We may not have numbers like China, but we have technology that makes up for it.
I'd like to point out that we don't know for sure what any other country's capability is. China may be hiding technology SIMPLY because they are waiting for a time when they can knock out our defense systems. I never said we were getting oil from being there. But indirectly we are. If it wasn't for our stability then no oil would be making it out of there. Yeah UN is getting the easy deal but we just have to deal with it. Someone has to do it or no one gets the oil. If you are complaining about UN getting oil and we aren't think about it this way....You are basically saying "Im not going to do it because you get good stuff too without helping...even if we are getting that stuff too." Right now we have to keep the mindset that we are doing it for the greater good of everyone that relies on this area's commerce.

If we didn't keep stability there....no one would step up.

D

Deleted member

If China ever tries to stop lending I'm fairly sure the US could "convince" them with a show of military force. Just like how we "convinced" the Japanese to end the Second World War (With a little Soviet help of course).

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If USA had no allies, they could easily be taken out lol.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Nobody wants to use nukes. One nuke will cause the enemy to use theirs.

We're all egotistical, greedy, and love to win, but nobody would go as far as to want to cause the entire world to be a wasteland. After all, what's the point of ruling a desolate world?

Nana Banana

Smash Apprentice
Nobody wants to use nukes. One nuke will cause the enemy to use theirs.

We're all egotistical, greedy, and love to win, but nobody would go as far as to want to cause the entire world to be a wasteland. After all, what's the point of ruling a desolate world?
Very good point there. Well I hope to god people think of that before they start bombing the **** out of everywhere...

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Oh lawl did someone honestly say America is undefeatable?
I never used the word undefeatable.

The United States aren't as powerful as you believe them to be. Atleast not anymore.
And why is that? It's people may be weaker and more pathetic, but it's military is still very strong and if we go into a large war all it will do is stimulate our economy. Wars help economies if it isn't fought on your soil.

America is only as strong as its 9,000 nukes.
We no longer require nukes to decimate other countries.
Honestly, do any of you read about America's weapon technologies (or advanced weaponry for that matter)? There was a book called "Beam Weapons, the Next Arms Race" written back in the 1980's and the author was talking about some pretty cool stuff that we now know as fact. America has had laser guns since 1978 when we put an air to ground laser on the side of a passenger plane (this was strictly a test). This technology destroys the very concept of aircraft, missiles, and bombs are a real joke since they REQUIRE aircraft.

We also have SCALAR technology in Alaska. The facility is called HAARP. This is a technology shared with China, Great Britain and Russia (that I know of....).

A new wide spread war will be very different. We don't need to bring out all of these technologies right now since our enemy is a real joke, but if America and lets say China go at it, it will be very interesting. Both can't invade without crossing the Pacific and HAARP might destroy a large part of their fleet.... or our fleet. We can't fire missiles and we can't fly except for stealth aircraft. So if we go into another large scale war it will be small operations by special forces trying to shut the other ones technology down so that they can safely navigate to the others ones country. If neither country can do this then the war might be on a stand still. Another possibility is satellites being used as artillery. Then again, we will be blowing them out of orbit too.
So it wont be no "Our Ermy es bigga dan yurs mada ****a!" and then die due to their numbers. That left after WW2.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's obviously like Call of Duty.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
One Man Army M203's could beat china!!1!!1!

Once I get 25 killstreak we can nuke and we win!!1!1!

AMERICA UNDEFEATABLE!!!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You could say that about any and every country on the planet...
Yep.

Basically the point is if you're on your own and you antagonise the rest of the world, you're not going to get away with it because you're the most powerful.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
The USA could not be easily taken out, even if it suddenly had no allies. Especially if nukes aren't a factor.

Think about how many guns there are (legal and illegal) among the civilian population, not to mention the sheer amount of armed law enforcement and the multiple branches of military.

The entire world could be against America and they probably wouldn't even be able to capture a single city.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The USA could not be easily taken out, even if it suddenly had no allies. Especially if nukes aren't a factor.

Think about how many guns there are (legal and illegal) among the civilian population, not to mention the sheer amount of armed law enforcement and the multiple branches of military.

The entire world could be against America and they probably wouldn't even be able to capture a single city.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Any country standing alone would get annihilated by the rest of the world, America is no different.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Civilians with guns: "Yeahhh we're AMURRICAN"

OH **** AIR STRIKE!!!!!

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooow

KABOOM

*flames crackle*

"Excellent vork Igor!"

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Looks like you understand how things work around here. :denzel:

frotaz37

Smash Lord
It is estimated that there is over 1 gun per person in the USA.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned the police and the states' many branches of military? What else?
National Guard, FBI, CIA, Crips, Bloods.

I think any invasion force would have a really difficult time, especially when you consider how much the USA spends on defense.

Also, when I say city, I'm not just talking about any city. I mean a real city :p

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Calling somebody an idiot for having a different opinion than you about the result of a made up scenario is pretty...what's the word.....idiotic?

You know what else? Mexican and Central/South American drug cartels would probably join forces with America because America is where all their money comes from.

saviorslegacy

lol@people who think they know what modern warfare looks like

we

dont

know

stop pretending you do
I am obsessed with weapon technologies to the point that I read how they are made and make them myself. I am currently making a linear accelerator in hopes of firing plasma bolts with a magnetic pulse. I have also drew up plans for a permanent magnet gaussian rifle. It's to the point that people ask me before they buy a gun in both real life and places like SWF. I love weapons and I love helping people when it comes to weapons (informed opinion).

When it comes to warfare, I read. I have read many books, watched many shows and I searched the internet for information. I also was able to track down a laser technician and ask him stuff about the field and what the military has done with it and then researched what he told me. So yeah, I feel like I know a decent amount about weapons and their application.
It's obviously like Call of Duty.
I have yet to beat the 6th one. I beat 4 and 5 but after that I came to the realization that it is nothing but a video game glorifying war. Which isn't bad in most instances, it is just annoying that there are now CoD fan boys everywhere and they annoy me.

@everyone else
Ever heard of the French resistance? I think what frotaz is trying to say is that there are so many Americans they have guns and know how to shoot guns that there will be heavy resistance where ever the enemy military goes. Lord forbid if they go anywhere near Tennessee or Kentucky. O-o

I would personally like to think that America would fight till every last citizen is dead, but I dunno. I personally think my generation is full of ****ies afraid to put their boots in the dirt and lead out the barrel. They would rather have intellectual conversations, play video games, drink starbucks or talk about how other people are racists and how some groups of people get picked on! :sadeyes:
Civilians with guns: "Yeahhh we're AMURRICAN"

OH **** AIR STRIKE!!!!!

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooow

KABOOM

*flames crackle*

"Excellent vork Igor!"
*above
We would result to fighting like the Taliban. aka sneaky and smart
It is estimated that there is over 1 gun per person in the USA.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned the police and the states' many branches of military? What else?
National Guard, FBI, CIA, Crips, Bloods.

I think any invasion force would have a really difficult time, especially when you consider how much the USA spends on defense.

Also, when I say city, I'm not just talking about any city. I mean a real city :p
I do think that gangs would resist foreign occupation, but I dunno about drug cartels.......

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even though Americans have a lot of guns, I don't think we are trained in civil defense. I've heard that Switzerland trains its citizens, and other countries like China and Israel require all able bodied citizens to spend a period of time in the military. It's not just a matter of having guns, it's a matter of repelling invasion, which requires more an ability to coordinate than just fire power.

Also, the only functional purpose of nukes is to deter a land invasion. That's why neither the Soviet Union nor the United States ever invaded each other.

saviorslegacy

Even though Americans have a lot of guns, I don't think we are trained in civil defense. I've heard that Switzerland trains its citizens, and other countries like China and Israel require all able bodied citizens to spend a period of time in the military. It's not just a matter of having guns, it's a matter of repelling invasion, which requires more an ability to coordinate than just fire power.

Also, the only functional purpose of nukes is to deter a land invasion. That's why neither the Soviet Union nor the United States ever invaded each other.
I would guess that an 1/8 of all male Americans have served and those who haven't can be taught. As I said though, it will more like terrorism than actual warfare. Resistance NEVER fights fair or head on.

@nuke comment *truth

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe the term you're looking for is "guerrilla warfare"? "Terrorism" would make more sense during an occupation, when you're trying to throw off people who've already taken over and settled in.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fixed for truth.

Although they are technically seals too.

Since Delta "doesn't exist" its made up of spec ops from all branches. It just so happened a SEAL division of delta did the raid ^_^
... I'm not sure where you're getting that Delta Force isn't supposed to exist.

1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D) is one of the United States' secretive Tier One counter-terrorism and Special Mission Units. Commonly known as Delta, or Delta Force, it was formed under the designation 1st SFOD-D, and is officially referred to by the Department of Defense as Combat Applications Group.[2] This unit is an elite Special Operations Force, and an Army Compartmented Element of the Joint Special Operations Command. Delta Force, along with its Navy counterpart DEVGRU, are the United States' primary counter-terrorism units.
Delta Force's primary tasks are counter-terrorism, direct action, and national intervention operations, although it is an extremely versatile group capable of assuming many covert missions, including, but not limited to, rescuing hostages and raids.[3]
Wikipedia seems to think it does.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I am obsessed with weapon technologies to the point that I read how they are made and make them myself. I am currently making a linear accelerator in hopes of firing plasma bolts with a magnetic pulse. I have also drew up plans for a permanent magnet gaussian rifle. It's to the point that people ask me before they buy a gun in both real life and places like SWF. I love weapons and I love helping people when it comes to weapons (informed opinion).

When it comes to warfare, I read. I have read many books, watched many shows and I searched the internet for information. I also was able to track down a laser technician and ask him stuff about the field and what the military has done with it and then researched what he told me. So yeah, I feel like I know a decent amount about weapons and their application.

I have yet to beat the 6th one. I beat 4 and 5 but after that I came to the realization that it is nothing but a video game glorifying war. Which isn't bad in most instances, it is just annoying that there are now CoD fan boys everywhere and they annoy me.

@everyone else
Ever heard of the French resistance? I think what frotaz is trying to say is that there are so many Americans they have guns and know how to shoot guns that there will be heavy resistance where ever the enemy military goes. Lord forbid if they go anywhere near Tennessee or Kentucky. O-o

I would personally like to think that America would fight till every last citizen is dead, but I dunno. I personally think my generation is full of ****ies afraid to put their boots in the dirt and lead out the barrel. They would rather have intellectual conversations, play video games, drink starbucks or talk about how other people are racists and how some groups of people get picked on! :sadeyes:

*above
We would result to fighting like the Taliban. aka sneaky and smart

I do think that gangs would resist foreign occupation, but I dunno about drug cartels.......
Just for fun: how does a laser work?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Savoir, either you're a genius or the troll of the year. Reading up on building a laser made my day either way.

IIRC, Plasma/Lasers... (I could be so wrong, I'm spitballing here), are made by generating intense pure heat, I thought?

Iunno.

Make me a lightsaber pls :]

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lasers are just amplified and focused light, in a very crude nutshell.

Please physicists don't come in and cry.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lasers are just amplified and focused light, in a very crude nutshell.

Please physicists don't come in and cry.
Light yea, dunno why I said heat.

I still want my lightsaber regardless. Dualweild lightsaber and Fryer at work.

Top Bottom