• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my thoughts on the death of Osama

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Just for fun: how does a laser work?
LASER= Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission or Radiation

Lasers work by stimulating atoms by heat or electricity. When the atom has been stimulated the electrons move farther away from the nucleus. This is because the electrons have far more energy than normal and must have a larger orbit. The atom then try to return to its neutral state. In doing this the excess energy from the electrons is emitted as radiated light. From here it is as simple as focusing this light in a straight beam.

I gave up on lasers because they are so complicated. I never really could understand how you get the different colors...... All and all, lasers are not my thing when it comes to building them. However, I do think they are fascinating.
Savoir, either you're a genius or the troll of the year. Reading up on building a laser made my day either way.

IIRC, Plasma/Lasers... (I could be so wrong, I'm spitballing here), are made by generating intense pure heat, I thought?

Iunno.

Make me a lightsaber pls :]
Plasma is the fourth state of matter. An everyday thing that is plasma is lightning.
Lasers are light. Both burn though.... only because both are basically pure energy and as we all know matter tries to be neutral and a way for something with to much energy to become neutral is to give off heat.

Technically you can make a lightsaber but I have no idea why you would ever want to. To make a lightsaber you would have to have plasma at the temperature of the sun and then keep it in that blade like shape via a magnetic force field. Here's the deal, if you turn it on you will instantly combust.... and so will everything else around you.
Savior, have you been able to create your own plasma's yet?
No, mainly because I do not have enough money and mom and dad banned science after I tried to make a rocket in middle school. I found a book called How It Works and it gave instructions. My rocket didn't really fly though, it just kind of exploded.

I leave for boot camp in a week though and after that..... SCIENCE!!!!! I have many experiments I want to try. Like mixing permanent magnet gaussian with a coil gun to try and get more energy out of it! The only problem though.... the gun will probably destroy itself when you use it..... but hopefully it will be powerful enough to kill somebody! :bee:
I also have plans drew up for a laser cigarette lighter that is impossible to shine into your eyes (if used correctly)..... and a pipe lighter. I will never be ****ed with by the wind ever again! MUAHAHAHA

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Your name changes are lol.

But your swag is insane. Too much swag.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
LASER= Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission or Radiation

Lasers work by stimulating atoms by heat or electricity. When the atom has been stimulated the electrons move farther away from the nucleus. This is because the electrons have far more energy than normal and must have a larger orbit. The atom then try to return to its neutral state. In doing this the excess energy from the electrons is emitted as radiated light. From here it is as simple as focusing this light in a straight beam.

I gave up on lasers because they are so complicated. I never really could understand how you get the different colors...... All and all, lasers are not my thing when it comes to building them. However, I do think they are fascinating.

Plasma is the fourth state of matter. An everyday thing that is plasma is lightning.
Lasers are light. Both burn though.... only because both are basically pure energy and as we all know matter tries to be neutral and a way for something with to much energy to become neutral is to give off heat.

Technically you can make a lightsaber but I have no idea why you would ever want to. To make a lightsaber you would have to have plasma at the temperature of the sun and then keep it in that blade like shape via a magnetic force field. Here's the deal, if you turn it on you will instantly combust.... and so will everything else around you.

No, mainly because I do not have enough money and mom and dad banned science after I tried to make a rocket in middle school. I found a book called How It Works and it gave instructions. My rocket didn't really fly though, it just kind of exploded.

I leave for boot camp in a week though and after that..... SCIENCE!!!!! I have many experiments I want to try. Like mixing permanent magnet gaussian with a coil gun to try and get more energy out of it! The only problem though.... the gun will probably destroy itself when you use it..... but hopefully it will be powerful enough to kill somebody! :bee:
I also have plans drew up for a laser cigarette lighter that is impossible to shine into your eyes (if used correctly)..... and a pipe lighter. I will never be ****ed with by the wind ever again! MUAHAHAHA
It's nice you know the name and the basic model used to describe lasers: Rutherford's model. However, quantummechanics disproved his ideas some 80 years ago. The power of the lasers is a result of controlled release of fotons, radiation, which then amplify through resonance. Building a laser is basically impossible if you don't know A LOT of physics.

Plasma is simply ionized gas. Stating lasers and plasma are two different things while both radiate heat is p much ridiculous, for all energy sources radiate heat.

Regarding the lightsaber: NO. Plasma cutters are used in welding.

Also... rocketscience is seriously hard lol. There's a reason most countries do not have the technology to fire ICBMs etc.

M@v

Subarashii!
For everyone still thinking he's not dead, Al Qaeda even admitted he's dead. Still, like most have said, Osama's death won't change much, especially since they've vowed "bloody revenge"

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well as long as they don't bomb London Underground I'm good.

I need the trains man. :/

D

Deleted member

I'm hiding in my basement for 9/11/2011. Not like they'll ever hit my redneck infested town, but just to be safe...

Top Bottom