• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my thoughts on the death of Osama

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Notice how everyone just believes that Usama was caught and killed...cause they said so?

Remember kids, the media, the government, they always tell the complete truth and nothing but the truth to the people!

Cause they're super cool dudes!

-________________-

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe that this actually happened. I'm saying look, did you see his body? Do you know the details of Usamas DNA profile? How many of you have reason to believe this is true beyond "The news says so"?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Most are just too lazy for conspiracies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Fixed for truth.

Although they are technically seals too.

Since Delta "doesn't exist" its made up of spec ops from all branches. It just so happened a SEAL division of delta did the raid ^_^
Lemme bask in the glory of my region and the branch I'm joining!

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/05/ap-virginia-beachbased-seals-killed-osama-bin-laden

Edit: Just speaking for myself but I feel others might have the same view. This is possibly some sort of conspiracy but some people just want to believe that it's true and that justice has been served for the victims/families involved. It'll help ease 10 years of unresolved pain.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Most are just too lazy for conspiracies.
True, but isn't it a bigger problem that any questioning of what we are told is labeled a "conspiracy theory"? It seems to be the case that anything labeled as a conspiracy is approached with the attitude that it's just a ridiculous, farfetched idea. What we are told is considered the default truth that somehow needs to be proved wrong, even though there's no reason to believe it in the first place.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
True, but isn't it a bigger problem that any questioning of what we are told is labeled a "conspiracy theory"? It seems to be the case that anything labeled as a conspiracy is approached with the attitude that it's just a ridiculous, farfetched idea. What we are told is considered the default truth that somehow needs to be proved wrong, even though there's no reason to believe it in the first place.
Well at the end of the day, we'll never really know until years and years later when it doesn't matter anymore.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that people who believe in conspiracy theories want to believe in them because it makes them feel as if they are smarter than everyone else. And I think they need to feel smarter than everyone else because of their own ignorance, because to them the geopolitical world is hard to understand, and that is threatening to them. It's scary to not understand how the world works. So if you come up with a conspiracy theory, then you feel as if you've "cracked the code." Now, you can convince yourself that you're "in the know." In reality, only people with security clearance are "in the know," and that only applies to their country.

Conspiracy theories became popular when governments started relying more and more on intelligence operations, meaning that they have to hide more and more information from their own citizens. Not knowing what's really going on is always disconcerting, and making up a conspiracy theory helps you feel better about yourself.

If they had bin Laden "on ice," then why didn't Bush make an announcement and claim victory on that one? That would not only have helped him leave the presidency with high approval ratings, it would have helped his party get McCain into office.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course. But hiding that they had bin Laden (assuming that they had him) didn't help them keep the war going. It just cost them the presidency. If they had given the people reason to think that the war was successful, they could have had another Republican in office, and they could have kept the war going on longer.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Notice how everyone just believes that Usama was caught and killed...cause they said so?

Remember kids, the media, the government, they always tell the complete truth and nothing but the truth to the people!

Cause they're super cool dudes!

-________________-

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe that this actually happened. I'm saying look, did you see his body? Do you know the details of Usamas DNA profile? How many of you have reason to believe this is true beyond "The news says so"?
*high five
Lemme bask in the glory of my region and the branch I'm joining!
NAVY!?!??!?!

HOOYAH!
Speaking of which: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBPVkpmoeg&feature=player_embedded

Yay or Nay? I personally don't know what to make of this since I'm so behind on current details. I'm skeptical about conspiracy theories as well. I'm more curious to see what you guys think. I'll have to do my own research at another time.
Good conspiracy theories are nothing more than educated guesses based upon the people involved or information that has been presented to back said theory. You have to make your own theories based on other theories or simply believe whatever the government tells you. The government has lied to us before many times so I honestly see conspiracy theories as being rational..... after being lied to so many times you would be a fool not to question them. Most older people have already come to that conclusion.... it's the young dip ****s who don't want to believe there is such a thing as corruption that sit there and call people who believe in conspiracies stupid, elitist or ignorant.
I think it was Twain who said that the best way to make something disappear is to make a joke out of it. Since conspiracy theories have hit home so many times the government has made a joke out of them so that people wont listen to conspiracy theories, but to the government.
I think that people who believe in conspiracy theories want to believe in them because it makes them feel as if they are smarter than everyone else. And I think they need to feel smarter than everyone else because of their own ignorance, because to them the geopolitical world is hard to understand, and that is threatening to them. It's scary to not understand how the world works. So if you come up with a conspiracy theory, then you feel as if you've "cracked the code." Now, you can convince yourself that you're "in the know." In reality, only people with security clearance are "in the know," and that only applies to their country.

Conspiracy theories became popular when governments started relying more and more on intelligence operations, meaning that they have to hide more and more information from their own citizens. Not knowing what's really going on is always disconcerting, and making up a conspiracy theory helps you feel better about yourself.

If they had bin Laden "on ice," then why didn't Bush make an announcement and claim victory on that one? That would not only have helped him leave the presidency with high approval ratings, it would have helped his party get McCain into office.
I stopped reading after "I think that people who believe in conspiracy theories want to believe in them because it makes them feel as if they are smarter than everyone else." because that was when I realized you were an idiot who was missing the big picture.

I have no idea how that little brain of yours works but I think I have a pretty good idea of what your face looks like.
Here, tell me if I am right: http://toychop.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/troll-face-meme.png

:EDIT:
Of course. But hiding that they had bin Laden (assuming that they had him) didn't help them keep the war going. It just cost them the presidency. If they had given the people reason to think that the war was successful, they could have had another Republican in office, and they could have kept the war going on longer.
Do you honestly think there is a difference between a republican and a democrat? I can't remember who said it but he got it right when he said "Politics is a lot like professional wrestling. In the ring they are ready to rip off the other guys head off, but behind the curtain they're all buddies."
Politicians are politicians, when they are kissing babies they are stealing their lollipops.

ReptarBars

Smash Rookie
Sigh

I gotta be honest and say that I'm mad that he's dead...and even more upset that his death is being glorified. No one's death should ever be glorified, It's inhumane. And he wouldn't have felt the urge to retaliate as the face of a "jihadist" group, if he did not feel some sort of religious disrespect. That's what he fought for. He fought for his religion. American troops had no business over there. But its not their fault either. Its society and how the human race is built upon social degradation. But I digress; and to be TOTALLY honest, I don't give a ****. I will gladly take the BLUE PILL! lol

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I stopped reading after "I think that people who believe in conspiracy theories want to believe in them because it makes them feel as if they are smarter than everyone else." because that was when I realized you were an idiot who was missing the big picture.
I didn't mean to hit a weak point.

Say that the conspiracy theorists are right. What insight does it offer on the state of the global politics? Can you use those theories to explain anything of political significance that is currently taking place anywhere in the world?

Do you honestly think there is a difference between a republican and a democrat?
In order for this conspiracy theory to work, there must be a difference between a Republican and a Democrat. The theory resides in the idea that Obama needs to get higher approval ratings. He doesn't need higher approval ratings if Republicans and Democrats are the same. Assuming that the two parties are working together, if he gets voted out of office, a Republican will take his place, and things will continue as before. Therefore there is no need to boost his ratings. If, however, ratings are important, it is because it matters whether or not he can get re-elected, meaning that it matters to his party that he is in office, not Palin or someone else. Meaning, the Democrats and the Republicans are in competition with each other.

saviorslegacy

I gotta be honest and say that I'm mad that he's dead...and even more upset that his death is being glorified. No one's death should ever be glorified, It's inhumane. And he wouldn't have felt the urge to retaliate as the face of a "jihadist" group, if he did not feel some sort of religious disrespect. That's what he fought for. He fought for his religion. American troops had no business over there. But its not their fault either. Its society and how the human race is built upon social degradation. But I digress; and to be TOTALLY honest, I don't give a ****. I will gladly take the BLUE PILL! lol
I have said it time and time again. The Middle East is a very complex and bad situation.
At this point the only way to describe the situation is "Well Middle East, which one is the lesser of the two evils?" Martial law or new dictators? The Middle East has been fighting for thousands of years and they will probably never stop. The problem is there are now soldiers up for hire and a few incredibly wealthy families. This is how the Gulf War was started...... an idiot with money decided to try and take everything.... that is until Kuwait asked for help. lol
botta bing.... botta boom!
I didn't mean to hit a weak point.

Say that the conspiracy theorists are right. What insight does it offer on the state of the global politics? Can you use those theories to explain anything of political significance that is currently taking place anywhere in the world?

In order for this conspiracy theory to work, there must be a difference between a Republican and a Democrat. The theory resides in the idea that Obama needs to get higher approval ratings. He doesn't need higher approval ratings if Republicans and Democrats are the same. Assuming that the two parties are working together, if he gets voted out of office, a Republican will take his place, and things will continue as before. Therefore there is no need to boost his ratings. If, however, ratings are important, it is because it matters whether or not he can get re-elected, meaning that it matters to his party that he is in office, not Palin or someone else. Meaning, the Democrats and the Republicans are in competition with each other.
The only weak point I have is for your mom. :awesome:

It tells us that the government is corrupted and the more we know and the more we stand up and fight against the better off this nation is. I assume you know who Manning is right? His file is classified, like many others. If it wasn't for Americans and the UN for putting pressure on our government he would still be in those awful conditions.

Also, it is our born right to know everything that our government it up to that does not jeopardize national security. Wanna know why? Because we live in a free country and we pay taxes! HOOYAH!

They want Obama in office because he such a great public speaker. I'm not going to lie, I have to remind myself that I dislike the man after watching him give a speech. He was elected imo only because he is probably one of the greatest public speakers to ever grace the white house.

Also, you say continue as before. I want you to show the the differences between the Bush presidency and the Obama presidency.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Middle East is a big mess because the west couldn't keep their noses out of their affairs.

Honestly I'm not saying USA or any other western country deserved to have their civilians attacked, but considering how much meddling and **** they've done in that region, it was only a matter of time before something like that would happen.

I just think it's all really rich pretending that they didn't cause the problems in the first place and going into the area under the guise of LIBERTY AND FREEDOM FOR ALL.

Let's face it, like Americans care about a bunch of sand ******s, all anyone could possibly care about is robbing that region of resources like any intelligent human being would do.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I think that people who believe in conspiracy theories want to believe in them because it makes them feel as if they are smarter than everyone else.
This attitude allows you to dismiss any idea you want without even considering it. Why listen to what somebody has to say if you already know they're just saying it to feel smart?

I think it was Twain who said that the best way to make something disappear is to make a joke out of it. Since conspiracy theories have hit home so many times the government has made a joke out of them so that people wont listen to conspiracy theories, but to the government.
Pretty much. It's so funny how the governments reaction to any theory is to simply dismiss it for being silly. They'll act as if the idea is so silly it doesn't even warrant a response.

I just think it's all really rich pretending that they didn't cause the problems in the first place and going into the area under the guise of LIBERTY AND FREEDOM FOR ALL.
Yeh, let's face it...if America was really interested in promoting and protecting liberty and freedom in the world, there wouldn't be any troops left over to deploy to the middle east because they would all be in Africa.

saviorslegacy

The Middle East is a big mess because the west couldn't keep their noses out of their affairs.

Honestly I'm not saying USA or any other western country deserved to have their civilians attacked, but considering how much meddling and **** they've done in that region, it was only a matter of time before something like that would happen.

Let's face it, like Americans care about a bunch of sand ******s, all anyone could possibly care about is robbing that region of resources like any intelligent human being would do.
The problem started in the 80's when America decided to arm Afghanistan and drill them so that they could fight of Russia. Because at that point there was a small army up for grabs and I can't remember what the dudes name was but he grabbed it. Saddam was without a better word for it, his padawan. Long story short, the Gulf War happened years later.

Also, the only reason why we want to have stability in the region is so that the oil can continue to flow out of the borders. What annoys me is that people say that the US is taking the oil, when in fact Europe takes more oil from the Middle East than anyone. Freagin European dumb *** hypocrites. The American soldier serves you too. Something that makes me both happy and angry.
Oh and guess what, Libya is the largest supplier of oil to Europe, a country who the UN decided to attack. You Europeans no better than America.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Good conspiracy theories are nothing more than educated guesses based upon the people involved or information that has been presented to back said theory. You have to make your own theories based on other theories or simply believe whatever the government tells you. The government has lied to us before many times so I honestly see conspiracy theories as being rational..... after being lied to so many times you would be a fool not to question them. Most older people have already come to that conclusion.... it's the young dip ****s who don't want to believe there is such a thing as corruption that sit there and call people who believe in conspiracies stupid, elitist or ignorant.

Politicians are politicians, when they are kissing babies they are stealing their lollipops.
Thanks fo the response. Politics and social studies isn't my strong suit so trying to find all the info and little details tends to be a workload. Nevertheless, it's still a very important subject to know. I'll keep up on this thread to give me points on where to brush up :p Also, the politican quote is hilarious haha.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The problem started in the 80's when America decided to arm Afghanistan and drill them so that they could fight of Russia. Because at that point there was a small army up for grabs and I can't remember what the dudes name was but he grabbed it. Saddam was without a better word for it, his padawan. Long story short, the Gulf War happened years later.

Also, the only reason why we want to have stability in the region is so that the oil can continue to flow out of the borders. What annoys me is that people say that the US is taking the oil, when in fact Europe takes more oil from the Middle East than anyone. Freagin European dumb *** hypocrites. The American soldier serves you too. Something that makes me both happy and angry.
Oh and guess what, Libya is the largest supplier of oil to Europe, a country who the UN decided to attack. You Europeans no better than America.
Actually I disagree with the last statement.

We're far better liars.

D

Deleted member

Man, if there was just some simple way to blast a crater in the whole damn region without repercussions, I'd be all for it. I know people will say they care about the people of the area, and it's a violation of human rights, blah blah blah.

In all honesty, 90% of people wouldn't really care. I know you'd convince yourself that you do, but the human being generally only cares for himself and perhaps immediate relations.

Hey, just my thoughts. Just tell me if I sound like an idiot, as I'm no political expert.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh that's incredibly callous but not far off from the truth.

Not his fault humanity isn't actually very noble.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's only murder if you're under jurisdiction.

If you're in the position of power, it's just plain ol' killing.

saviorslegacy

Thanks fo the response. Politics and social studies isn't my strong suit so trying to find all the info and little details tends to be a workload. Nevertheless, it's still a very important subject to know. I'll keep up on this thread to give me points on where to brush up :p Also, the politican quote is hilarious haha.
Then let me help you.

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."
Ecclesiates 1:9

History repeats itself, so learn your history. Also, look at everything as lie until proven other wise. This goes beyond politics and is a good view to have.

Oh, and the quote is from Hunt for Red October. The book was written by Tom Clancy who wrote several books all of which were based on real world conspiracies or events.
Three of his books were made into movies, including Hunt for Red October, which stars one of my favorite actors, Sean Connery.
Actually I disagree with the last statement.

We're far better liars.
Then please explain to me WW1. :awesome:
It's only murder if you're under jurisdiction.

If you're in the position of power, it's just plain ol' killing.
*morals
I would never kill an innocent unless I absolutely have to. I want to save, not kill, that is why I am becoming a doctor. However, I would take great pleasure in strangling a child molester, letting him recover some and them choking him again until I finally decide to go the full 100 and end his pathetic existence.

Browny

Smash Hater
I work with some people who were ex-military and fought in afghanistan.

Lets just say, they arent sad.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a brother who got back from the war a year ago, for some not so positive circumstances.

Let's just say, he isn't happy.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only weak point I have is for your mom. :awesome:
Understandable, considering that my mom is infinitely better than you.

Also, it is our born right to know everything that our government it up to that does not jeopardize national security. Wanna know why? Because we live in a free country and we pay taxes! HOOYAH!
It may be our born right, but I doubt that the government cares about our born rights.

Also, you say continue as before. I want you to show the the differences between the Bush presidency and the Obama presidency.
I never said that there was a difference. I think you are an intelligent person, savior, and I believe that you think outside of the box. So I want you to re-read my previous post. My contention is that in order for the conspiracy theory to work, there must be a difference between Democrat and Republican parties.

The theory is that bin Laden was killed earlier in the Bush administration, but the announcement was held off like a secret trap card to be revealed when Obama needed it. The scenario implies two things 1) Obama or his party is desperate to improve his approval ratings; 2) the Republicans and the Democrats are working together because Bush sacrificed his own approval ratings for the future president. These two things are contradictory. Approval ratings only matter for a president considering a second term, or in the case of Bush, for a party interested in getting another candidate in office. But why would the government need more votes in favor of one candidate over another if the parties are the same? If they are the same, then it doesn't matter who gets credit. Bush could get credit, the Republicans could get voter support, and McCain could become president. Or Obama's ratings could plummet, and they'd just replace him with a Republican. It wouldn't matter either way, and it wouldn't be worth it to stage something of this magnitude that is not only costly in terms of military undertaking, but also for the negative impact it has on foreign relations with other countries and the added danger it puts Americans and the rest of the world in for retaliatory attacks.

Furthermore, how did they anticipate that a future need would arise that would require them to make the announcement? What if Obama's ratings had stayed high? Would they have never made the announcement?

Consider also what this conspiracy theory is placing at the center of the motivation of political actors: the American public. The assumption at the root of the conspiracy is that the American public's opinion is so valuable that the government would tamper with an extremely complicated military operation and endanger international relations in order to win the approval of the American public, while putting that same public at risk.

Do you think that the approval of the American public is worth that much? Especially if both parties are the same. What is voter approval worth if both parties are the same?

Does this theory strike you at all as being somewhat ego-centric on the part of the spectator, one who can do nothing but watch these events unfold, one who places such worth on his opinion to think that complex events are being constructed only as an elaborate show to control his view of the world? Implying that his view of the world is somehow of great importance.

This.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Then please explain to me WW1. :awesome:
Krauts start srs bzns. England save the day as always. Everyone wanted to avoid that way but treaties etc etc.

Lol, don't start with that bull****.

I would never kill an innocent unless I absolutely have to. I want to save, not kill, that is why I am becoming a doctor. However, I would take great pleasure in strangling a child molester, letting him recover some and them choking him again until I finally decide to go the full 100 and end his pathetic existence.
See that's ********. I am a MORAL MAN but you know, I'd enjoy torturing someone to death. Also why does everyone pick on child molesters? Has anyone ever consider that the child they grroom and **** might be a ****?

Man seriously some of the kids I went to school with, if some dude at the time took them and ***** them I'd probably give the molester a high five.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Who said anything about justification?

Besides I think people care way too much about ****/sexual assault/molestation.

It's mainly because people think sex is such serious business.

saviorslegacy

I work with some people who were ex-military and fought in afghanistan.

Lets just say, they arent sad.
I train with current military that had boots on ground in the sandbox. 1 was a Corpsman for 24 months and one was a IA (Naval volunteer soldier).
Mostly what happens over there is patrols..... aka, martial law. There are few places that need captured and few things that need searched. They patrol until they get a tip and then they take care of it. Out of 8 months the IA only had 1 break from patrols and it was to investigate a bomb lab and it turned out to be bad info.
The Middle East is not guns blazing and people dropping dead left and right.
Understandable, considering that my mom is infinitely better than you.
Are you suggesting that she has a bigger **** than me!? :surprised:

I never said that there was a difference. I think you are an intelligent person, savior, and I believe that you think outside of the box. So I want you to re-read my previous post. My contention is that in order for the conspiracy theory to work, there must be a difference between Democrat and Republican parties.

The theory is that bin Laden was killed earlier in the Bush administration, but the announcement was held off like a secret trap card to be revealed when Obama needed it. The scenario implies two things 1) Obama or his party is desperate to improve his approval ratings; 2) the Republicans and the Democrats are working together because Bush sacrificed his own approval ratings for the future president. These two things are contradictory. Approval ratings only matter for a president considering a second term, or in the case of Bush, for a party interested in getting another candidate in office. But why would the government need more votes in favor of one candidate over another if the parties are the same? If they are the same, then it doesn't matter who gets credit. Bush could get credit, the Republicans could get voter support, and McCain could become president. Or Obama's ratings could plummet, and they'd just replace him with a Republican. It wouldn't matter either way, and it wouldn't be worth it to stage something of this magnitude that is not only costly in terms of military undertaking, but also for the negative impact it has on foreign relations with other countries and the added danger it puts Americans and the rest of the world in for retaliatory attacks.

Furthermore, how did they anticipate that a future need would arise that would require them to make the announcement? What if Obama's ratings had stayed high? Would they have never made the announcement?

Consider also what this conspiracy theory is placing at the center of the motivation of political actors: the American public. The assumption at the root of the conspiracy is that the American public's opinion is so valuable that the government would tamper with an extremely complicated military operation and endanger international relations in order to win the approval of the American public, while putting that same public at risk.

Do you think that the approval of the American public is worth that much? Especially if both parties are the same. What is voter approval worth if both parties are the same?

Does this theory strike you at all as being somewhat ego-centric on the part of the spectator, one who can do nothing but watch these events unfold, one who places such worth on his opinion to think that complex events are being constructed only as an elaborate show to control his view of the world? Implying that his view of the world is somehow of great importance.

This.
Assuming that the two parties are working together, if he gets voted out of office, a Republican will take his place, and things will continue as before.
*I read it to fast.... my bad

I honestly think that theory is nothing but...... a secondary achievement.
I think that the main reason why Osama's death was announced right now is because the American people have lost faith in this war. In this past week I have heard time and time again "OH! We finally got him, we are finally getting somewhere." The people's morale has improved.
Think about it, with our government practically falling apart what a better excuse to keep funding the war than "We got the lead terrorist and now we are currently tracking down his subordinates so we can finally end this war." *cue crowd applause for they think the war we finally be over* Guess what though, it was just another excuse to prolong it.
Krauts start srs bzns. England save the day as always. Everyone wanted to avoid that way but treaties etc etc.
Well it's about time they save instead of ****. You do know that most Independence Days are celebrated because that country became Independent from England? lol
Here in about 30 years Iraq will have an Independence Day.

Lol, don't start with that bull****.

See that's ********. I am a MORAL MAN but you know, I'd enjoy torturing someone to death. Also why does everyone pick on child molesters? Has anyone ever consider that the child they groom and **** might be a ****?

Man seriously some of the kids I went to school with, if some dude at the time took them and ***** them I'd probably give the molester a high five.
Moral's= of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong

It is not right to kill innocent. However, child molesters are not innocent, so they go out of my moral standards and become fair game.
And child molesters **** little kids up in the head and they pretty much stayed ****ed up for the rest of their lives.... especially when they are males. That's why people pick on them.
Who said anything about justification?

Besides I think people care way too much about ****/sexual assault/molestation.

It's mainly because people think sex is such serious business.
Teran, you are the biggest troll moderator I have ever met. I think I am in love with you. :awesome:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
See that's ********. I am a MORAL MAN but you know, I'd enjoy torturing someone to death. Also why does everyone pick on child molesters? Has anyone ever consider that the child they grroom and **** might be a ****?

i have never

:phone:

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
As far as Im concerned...whether we are there for oil/minerals doesn't make it "bad" to be over there. Any sane government with the power would do so anyways. We've already seen one dictator try and take over the area around the Strait of Hormuz and I wonder why. That whole area has valuable EVERYTHING and someone with half a brain and some ambition is going to realize that whoever has control of the middle east has the US by the neck because of our inability of retrieval of oil in our country. Im not going to justify anyone's death. But some deaths are better than others.

I hear crap about "we dont have the right to do that!"....we as a country can do whatever we like we just have to handle the consequences. If it is going to benefit our country more than it will hinder us by the action of taking what we want then I am for it. I hate to hear we are losing our spot as the best country or superpower....we need to pull ahead. People tell me we aren't supposed do this or that....Why? If we have the power(which we need to gain) we should do whatever is in the best nature of our country.

Before you criticize this ideology above think about this....why do other countries even exist? Simply because of certain cultures or founders "founded" them. I think we need to realize that we'd be better off without other countries.

We as citizens of the United States, in the situation of our ambitions being the most simple, effective, and beneficial to our country, should only care about our well-being, assets, allies, and anything that could effect us.

Justice depends on which side of the line you are on.

D

Deleted member

We as citizens of the United States, in the situation of our ambitions being the most simple, effective, and beneficial to our country, should only care about our well-being, assets, allies, and anything that could effect us.
THIS.

Our government needs to admit we're in the Middle East for the oil. Maybe I'd support them a bit more if they did.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
[COLOR=Yellow
[COLOR=Yellow]See that's ********. I am a MORAL MAN but you know, I'd enjoy torturing someone to death. Also why does everyone pick on child molesters? Has anyone ever consider that the child they grroom and **** might be a ****?

[/COLOR]
Ehh most of the molested children aren't like the kind with whom you went to school, let's just keep it at that @_@

:053:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well it's about time they save instead of ****. You do know that most Independence Days are celebrated because that country became Independent from England? lol
Here in about 30 years Iraq will have an Independence Day.
Of course. But let's face it,, colonialism was awesome and I wish it would come back.

Moral's= of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong

It is not right to kill innocent.
Right and wrong. Says who? It's subjective, ergo means it doesn't hold any actual weight.

However, child molesters are not innocent, so they go out of my moral standards and become fair game.
And child molesters **** little kids up in the head and they pretty much stayed ****ed up for the rest of their lives.... especially when they are males. That's why people pick on them.
I dunno man, women for breeding, boys for pleasure. And ancient Greece and Sparta are idolised for their OMG CULTURED civilisation.

On a serious note though, I think a large part of trauma can be an individual hammin stuff up and making a bigger deal out of things than is necssary. But I'm a bit weird when it comes to dealing with things, I'm massively affected by things that most would brush off, and barely affected by things that would screw most up.

Teran, you are the biggest troll moderator I have ever met. I think I am in love with you. :awesome:
Lol, it works surprsingly well for enforcing rules too.

saviorslegacy

inability of retrieval of oil in our country.
You couldn't be farther from the truth. Let me tell you about a little town called Gillespie Illinois. It is a very small farm town and the birth place of my grandmother. Not much happens there, except for the occasional marriage and the county fair. Surrounding this town is nothing but fields. In many of those fields are oil pumps, unused oil pumps. These oil wells still have oil in them, we just aren't collecting.
The Midwest and the Northwest of America has oil, a lot of oil. Here's the deal though, we aren't using it.... yet.

I hear crap about "we dont have the right to do that!"....we as a country can do whatever we like we just have to handle the consequences. If it is going to benefit our country more than it will hinder us by the action of taking what we want then I am for it. I hate to hear we are losing our spot as the best country or superpower....we need to pull ahead. People tell me we aren't supposed do this or that....Why? If we have the power(which we need to gain) we should do whatever is in the best nature of our country.

Before you criticize this ideology above think about this....why do other countries even exist? Simply because of certain cultures or founders "founded" them. I think we need to realize that we'd be better off without other countries.

Justice depends on which side of the line you are on.
America being in the Middle East is not ensuring that America gets oil, but that everyone on the UN list gets it. We are there to provide stability and ensure that that oil keeps on flowing out of the borders.

I laugh at the mere thought that someone could stand up against America. We have DIW's and HAARP. Do you honestly think that anyone can get anything to our shores!? If they send boats we'll send a hurricane or maybe even blast them with a linear accelerator. If they fly we'll burn them out of the sky and if they launch a missile at us our defense satellites will detonates the war head before it ever gets to us. We may not have numbers like China, but we have technology that makes up for it.

Top Bottom