• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Recovery tier list.

Cactupuss

Smash Cadet
I think Lucas should be higher up if we are counting the full potential of ALL of your recovery tecniques

Verticle - Zap jump will bring you from the very bottom to stage level, from there you can tether recovery, or use PKT2. PKT2 has high priority and, if you can aim it right can add huge height to your recovery, if you get caught below a stage, no worries, it can ride walls.

Horizontal - Lucas has one of the BEST horizontal recoveries with wave bounceing, it can take you very far alone PLUS you still have a 2nd jump AND a PKT2

with these skills Lucas can stay off the edge for an insane amount of time when trying to get back on, so he can easily ward off edge gaurders, while making ledge hogging nearly impossible.

his multiple recovery options makes it hard to gimp someone who knows what they are doing

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fox + Lucario are ~2 tiers too high, CF is too high as well.

lol Bowser should be C rank

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Single climber has a good horizontal recovery, squall gets them back on stage pretty good solo.

Barge

Lol, ganon is near the bottom?
Ganon has way better recovery than most of the bottom tier.
His Up B has insane range, and has good horizontal recovery

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Just for lulz, put Olimar w/ one Pikmin uB at the very bottom.
Ironically, it's worse than with no Pikmin. He attempts to grab the ledge, but the range is pathetic, and doesn't go into helpless fast enough to grab on in freefall. He actually loses height, IIRC.

Barge

Just for lulz, put Olimar w/ one Pikmin uB at the very bottom.
Ironically, it's worse than with no Pikmin. He attempts to grab the ledge, but the range is pathetic, and doesn't go into helpless fast enough to grab on in freefall. He actually loses height, IIRC.
Olimar w/o pikmin = 3.5 pikmin range when UP Bing

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I get kirby, but sonic SHOULD be above wario IMO (unless horizontal airspeed is a factor)
No its a comparison.
in comparison to Kirby Sonic can cover the area required to recover much faster without ever needing to use his ^B.

Its faster, and he has his high aerials peed to rely on and he has multiple options to contnue his recovery. So he isn't predictable either.

not the case with Kirby and wario.
Kirby's recovery is also slower.
wario's rivals Sonic but he relies on his bike.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Kirby's vertical recovery really isn't that great. It's far to predictable and he can't cover himself from any meteor on his way up (he also doesn't have a rising air dodge since his jumps are so puny)...this is of course if he happens to be below the stage

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
C Falcon's recovery is AT LEAST Mid
It's a grab.
It can absorb almost any attack *swordsmen are the hardest but its still possible for SOME MOVES*
On stages like delphino or Halbard its nice going through the stage

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
why is dedede so low? imo hes the best recovery in the game...
MK and R.O.B. much? DDD's recovery is very predictable and easy to intercept, but at least he gets good overall distance.

C Falcon's recovery is AT LEAST Mid
It's a grab.
It can absorb almost any attack *swordsmen are the hardest but its still possible for SOME MOVES*
On stages like delphino or Halbard its nice going through the stage
CF's recovery is easily intercepted and edgehogged, plus he really doesn't have any good defenses off-stage; even Falcon Kick doesn't really help since it has no priority.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I feel Wolf and Falco's recoveries are better then Ike's. Two hits while Ike is off stage means death, while Falco and Wolf seem to go a little farther horizontally.

Im gonna go see, I've bit my tongue before.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I feel Wolf and Falco's recoveries are better then Ike's. Two hits while Ike is off stage means death, while Falco and Wolf seem to go a little farther horizontally.

Im gonna go see, I've bit my tongue before.
It also depends on where Ike/Falco/Wolf are compared to the edge/stage.
But yeah, Falco/Wolf do have better recoveries than Ike. =p

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
I'd switch gameand watch and Pika, but it loos really good

Maybe kirby and sonic, too

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I disagree with peachs .. It should be lower... Her vertical .. is really really .. horrid .. =(

Unless you use toad .. peach bomber then umbrella .. still though =(

She does have the best horizontal in the game .. though

-=Blaze=-

Smash Rookie
Rethink DDD position, he has 4 jumps (covering horizontal) and the beastly super DDD jump (good vertical and horizontal range, has super armor int he beginning, can spike, it's fast and if it isn't cancelled he packs a heavy hit and the stars protect him for uncoming dash attacks or nearby opponents,)

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with peachs .. It should be lower... Her vertical .. is really really .. horrid .. =(

Unless you use toad .. peach bomber then umbrella .. still though =(

She does have the best horizontal in the game .. though
not really... characters who can glide can go an infinite horizontal distance.

Top Bottom