• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Nah, it made me like Pinkie more.

Read it PG, you'll understand A LOT more references, jokes, etc if you do.
Which references and jokes would I understand if I read Cupcakes?

Cause if any references are contained in the actual show then that'll probably be messed up for doing that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That song was beyond amazing!!

And Phantom, there are a lot of community jokes and references that other bronies will just 'hmm k' at, but you will ;A; face at if you read Cupcakes.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i believe i shall pass once again, since I can barely stand fics in the first place.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are a lot of jokes centered around Cupcakes. Like, a loooooooot.

As much as I hate to say it, Cupcakes at this point is kind of a must read for bronies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Zajice with that Celestia like knowledge, he knows what's up.

Believe us, it's worth it.

Reizilla

I see.

Hmmmmm...nah.jpg

Have there been many jokes around these parts?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
At least 50 references of some kind.

And that's probably on the low side.

Phantom Gamer

And that picture of Pinkie isn't that creepy, it looks like she's just wearing a normal quilt instead of what it's really supposed to be.
All right, while it's not totally creepy there are a few reasons why I think its still a bit creepy.
1.) The "quilt" part isn't the creepy part of the ensemble, but rather the stitched wings on it and the unicorn horn necklace.
2.) Pinkie Pie's facial expression.
3.) The overall shadowing throughout the pic.

Edit: I now just realized I broke rule #20.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So.
I found the DA page.
I just finished cutting up my Dashes hair so it looks realisitc to dash.
Tomorrow i have to boiling water the hair so that it straightens and goes where i want -.-

Reizilla

Someone should do that for Fluttershy and send it to me. I will compensate with monies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Someone should tell me where you all are getting these from in the first place.

I want some shizy merchandise too.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Im not going to paint eyebrows.

I'm already scared enough of the water, i fear the hair is too short to be able to stay down.

anyone have any tips? I've never done this kinda thing before.

I also want to have this done before the tourney this weeekend.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh right, Easter was yesterday.
Yeah didn't celebrate. I literally slept all day from 9 AM to 6 PM, and eventually fell asleep around 11 PM to only awake around 1 AM.

My Easter involved the Sin Sloth. AND I'M OKAY WITH THIS

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For me, my Easter went like this:

Was forcefully woken up at 9 by parents so that we can have our traditional 'let's see what's in your Easter basket' thing. Played around with this puzzle box thing I got which tooke 30 mins (lies as the case said hours of fun) and ate a little bit of candy. Had breakfast, just Lucky Charms and a Clementine (basically a tiny orange for those that don't know). Came back to see that the puzzle box was ruined, and spent another 15-20 mins fixing it. Watched the newest MLP episode again. Watched my awesome anime which I was behind on until 2ish. Slept until 6-7ish. Watch brothers play FIFA Soccer game. Watched the last 10 mins of the Lakers vs Hornets game. Played brawl minus for a little bit. And am now browsing the forums here. So festive huh?

Reizilla

My Easter consisted of:

Woke up at 7:45 needing to pee terribly, uncle was in the restroom so I went between my sheds. Mom tried to keep me up, wouldn't have that. Awoke again at 11, opted out of taking PeachGuard to the bus stop so I could eat breakfast. Went to my aunt's house, whooped up on my family in MvC3, before refusing to take part in the exploitation of chickens and their unborn babies. Headed back to school around 7, got here at 9, been loafing around since, trying to figure out what I had for homework and not doing it anyway.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Oh right, Easter was yesterday.
Yeah didn't celebrate. I literally slept all day from 9 AM to 6 PM, and eventually fell asleep around 11 PM to only awake around 1 AM.

My Easter involved the Sin Sloth. AND I'M OKAY WITH THIS
Sounds like my Easter.

Phantom Gamer

All right, it's official. I've finally read Cupcakes v2 and now followed rule #99 and broke rules #17-19.
I also read the Applebloom section and all 4 of the alternate endings. With alternate ending 1 by Pacce was my favorite since it made me feel better over what happened throughout the fic and alternate ending 4 by Minalkra being the weirdest since it seemed like its own separate fanfic and not relating much with the Cupcakes story.

Overall it was OK, I won't be traumatized by it and I won't think any less of Pinkie Pie (mostly since I just follow up the story with the first alternate ending). Of course IMO I still found this fanfic to be gruesome, dark, and sad. :c

i found it pretty funny actually

you've got to be pretty squeamish to be bothered by text, just sayin'!
All right john, you're messed up for finding this fic and what happens to Rainbow Dash throughout this fic as funny. :mad:

I was only squeamish during some of the parts in the story that were gory enough for me and also it's not so much the text that makes me squeamish, but rather the images in my head I get from reading the text.

Lastly john, this is what you deserve for finding this fic funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uWBHrhX3M&feature=player_detailpage#t=77s
Yay~!

pg, DO NOT READ. it'll just bring down your opinion of pinkie.
Nah, it didn't bring down my opinion of Pinkie Pie at all.

Now if you'll all excuse me I need to hunt Pinkie Pie down and
blow her head off with my double-barrel shotgun, so she doesn't get the chance to kill Rainbow Dash off.

Read it, it's amazing.
Nah, it made me like Pinkie more.
While it was kind of an interesting, but gruesome read, I fail to see what's amazing about it.
I'm also curious as to why you like Pinkie Pie more because of this. Give me your reasons, I'm curious to know.
Also to note that Z'z you take second place for being messed up for liking Pinkie Pie more because of what she did throughout this fic.
:mad:

There are a lot of jokes centered around Cupcakes. Like, a loooooooot.

As much as I hate to say it, Cupcakes at this point is kind of a must read for bronies.
And it's those reasons Zajice why I decided to read this fic, that and also being told to read it from a couple of you guys.

The quilt is made up of the hide of real cutie marks.
Oh, I know. I knew all along before I read Cupcakes.

Phantom Gamer

K leaf, here's the plan: When you guys figure out when you're going, tell me when it is and Ill hope to god that i dont have anything going on then.
We should hold a tourney. Call it the Grand Galloping Gala.
I'll let you know when everything gets settled.

If Zajice is still cool with it and everything...:embarrass:

Lots of ninja...^^^^^^
This sounds cool. If you guys do plan on doing this and if it's not a problem I'd consider coming out of hiding in Minnesota and go to Colorado to hang out with you guys. :awesome:

On another note I just watched the latest episode for a second time and while it's still ok-tier there's a couple of things I want to mention regarding the following things below:
VVV

As Espy told me earlier, the owl having no personality is what kinda killed the episode.
While Owlicious didn't have too much of a personality, I don't see how that kinda killed the episode.

If people here hate Owlicious for not having too much of a personality I've gotta ask, Does Gummy have much of a personality? How about Winona or Opalescence? Owlicious is considered as a pet after all just like the others I've mentioned.

Not to mention Owlicious is a bit of a bad *** for attacking that green dragon. Not to mention Dat Head Turn, which for some reason I like that part. I could totally see Ephy or somebody using the part with Owlicious turning his head to Spike the first time and turning that into a "hater gonna hate" gif or something.

Although it stills makes no sense why Owlicious was helping Twilight during the day too.

Also, the green recolor of the Dragonshy dragon disappointed me.
I will agree that the recycling the dragon from episode 7 is a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom