• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jigglypuff will run away. Then get shuttle looped.
and hope for a roll and then rest.

MK will then DI the rest. Come back, fully charged downsmash. Then i'll be laughing too hard that i rested, and i'll get some of dat West Coast DI. and for soe reason i'll go downwards diagnolly. Then MK will chase me with dairs and finish me with a footstool.
:(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Gashi DI > West Coast DI.

Ask anyone who's played me, I dont effing die. DI'd sonics fsmash at 180%ish yesterday, felt so good.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'll just go Marth or Lucario :awesome:

I saw that figurine at Walmart, but the Fluttershy one made me sad. I was also sad because I don't have money to throw around right now :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Marth isnt that bad tbh.

But Lucario... UGGHHHHHH!!! That guy is so stupid to fight, you can never freaking kill him and he just gets STRONGER!!!

Reizilla

I need to pick up someone for Snake :/ I tried DDD, but he doesn't have a broken forward air, so I don't like him.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Look again tPK, I wanted to add everybody else in (except Fluttershy). unless I should.

Edit: It might be harder to see each of them. I just didn't want to take up an entire page of these images. >_<

john!

Smash Hero
Also, this is brawl, not melee, so practically every character in this game is viable. Aside from maybe Ganon. Brawl is more dependent off reads and prediction and has almost no guaranteed kills/combos/setups which means that, if you can play safe and smart, anybody can win with almost anyone. Just look at Mink for example. Placed second place and he uses JIGGLYPUFF, a bottom tier character. Sure, he uses Zero Suit as well, but he used jiggs as well and often solos tournies with Jiggs and still does great.

Brawl is far more player based than character based. You can win with anyone so long as you know your character and are a good enough player.
this is a common misconception, melee requires reads and prediction also, they just happen at a faster pace. good melee players are able to beat bad ones with terrible characters. the reason top melee placers use mostly the same characters is because our metagame has had more time to develop, and most characters simply don't have the tools to deal with what the top tier is capable of... whereas in brawl the character capabilities are toned down to the point where no character gets completely left in the dust.

holy ****ing ****

did you make this monstrosity?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
John, I know it's possible in melee, it's just far more dependent on reads and such in brawl.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Also, this is brawl, not melee, so practically every character in this game is viable. Aside from maybe Ganon. Brawl is more dependent off reads and prediction and has almost no guaranteed kills/combos/setups which means that, if you can play safe and smart, anybody can win with almost anyone. Just look at Mink for example. Placed second place and he uses JIGGLYPUFF, a bottom tier character. Sure, he uses Zero Suit as well, but he used jiggs as well and often solos tournies with Jiggs and still does great.
Ok, I'll bite:

*watches Axe consistently place high with Pikachu.

*watches Hack take fifth place at BEAST with Kirby.

*watches Cosmo take 2nd place at SMYM12 with Zelda.

*watches Iori win Intimikill 2 with Mewtwo and a little Sheik.

*notes that in neither game has any character lower than high tier ever actually won a national, so doubts any claims of viability in either game.

Let's also not forget that just about every character in Melee has guaranteed set-ups into kill moves, so it still comes down to being able to get that first hit off reads and prediction, and then hitconfirming successfully. As long as you know how to play smarter than your opponent with your character, and are able to consistently outpredict them, and know your character inside and out, you can win. Let's please cease with the talking about Melee without really understanding it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You can get a 70% combo in Melee off one read, now how many reads does it take to do that much in brawl?

More than one. Therefore you need to make more reads in brawl to win.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You can only get 70% off one read in Melee if there's a move that does 70%. To my knowledge, no such move exists.

Basically, you're totally discounting tech, DI and SDI reads. There's no autopilot combos in Melee except for wobbling. It's noteworthy that I actually can't say the same thing about Brawl.

Reizilla

You can only get 70% off one read in Melee if there's a move that does 70%. To my knowledge, no such move exists.

Basically, you're totally discounting tech, DI and SDI reads. There's no autopilot combos in Melee except for wobbling. It's noteworthy that I actually can't say the same thing about Brawl.
You make me lawl. Why?

If you're any good in Melee, a few reads should be a stock. Brawl requires many more large reads. Not little DI ones.

D

Deleted member

Brawl is that way
<----------------------

oh and melee is over there
--------------------------------->

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
everypony calm down! :awesome:

But seriously tho, take the brawl v melee to the xat.
Anyway, Happy Easter everyone! My Derpy shirt didn't come in yet :( but it should be here in 3 days or so.

Xyless

Smash Master
Ugh, Iris. They should've put the main chick character from B/W to be with Ash. She's actually a pretty awesome character design in comparison to pretty much all of the rest that have traveled with Ash except for Misty.

Also Iris looks like her hair is a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom