• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not gonna make a long and coherent Arguement but i'll just say this.
Which would you rather watch? Chowder/Adventure Time/Regular Show/Mad TV/Whatever the **** CN has been releasing for the past three years.
Or My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Adventure time is AWESOME, MAD is pretty good.

Everything else sucks.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I only watch MLP, occasional shows my friends or family make me watch, and all my crappy anime.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like Adventure Time. Regular show is eh. Mad has moments. Everything else is garbage. ESPECIALLY Chowder.

I'd prefer pony over CN's crap any day though.

Yo guys.

I got 2nd today! finally beat this diddy kong -.-.

Me and the guy in first split. :D

I'm so happy.
Made sure to put my pony above my port each match.
Second isn't first.

Dash is disappointed.

I already said i went in trying to be as completely unbiased as possible. Whether or not you want to believe that is up to you.

Have ... you ... seen pinkie pie? every (good) cartoon ever has had a pinkie pie.
I was saying that as a general statement towards the thing about having to show people multiple episodes being a problem.

And I'll agree that there are a lot of lolrandom characters in cartoons, but the other characters in this show are far from generic.

So yous thinks wes goily, huh?

^Good show that I miss. :<

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I liek regular show alot but MLP is better :o
Those are the not cartoons I watch.
Btw Good job gashi :D

I hate Chowder :/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Finally back! :D Took third at the tournament today :D First time winning money ever :3

I'd also watch MLP over any of that, Slush. Easily. Only shows that would compete would be Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab and One Piece. If Chowder is the show I'm thinking of, I didn't like it at all.

Saw the new episode, it was alright. Some funny moments, but the lack of personality in the owl made it meh :/

And what's this about figurines?? I want one! Where do I get it?! :D

Oh, and my shirt finally came in! Too late to wear it at the tourney though :( The collar is tiny...

I missed my bronies! :D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I'll agree that there are a lot of lolrandom characters in cartoons, but the other characters in this show are far from generic.
Eh, rosie o'donnell is the general "troublemaker", edward is the bookworm know-it-all. and that's all of the characters i know lolo

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Third isn't not entering and sitting in the corner, shying away from everybody.

Fluttershy is disappointed Rei.

vZakat

Half Genie
Kids probably don't even understand what they're talking about or they got so bored by the serious talk that they've started wrapping themselves in purple thread.
So children are mindless and can't pay attention for more then 10 seconds so they need mindless crap to keep them occupied?
That statement you made was what I was responding to when I made my statement. I did exaggerate it a bit though. i tend to do that when I summarize people's arguments. i need to stop that. >_<

And yes, it is my opinion that this is one of the best cartoons in a very long time. But with that first definition of an opinion "a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty." I feel like I could give quite a lot of evidence to support my opinion.

But I don't want to get into an argument though so I'll just leave you with this picture.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Zaj, I already know everybody. I couldn't shy away if I wanted to. Think of it more like Green Just Isn't Your Color situation.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll defend Adventure Time cause it's actually funny, I think. MAD not so much.

Though things like Clifford the Big Red Dog killing Hannah Montana are pretty awesome.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I didnt split with anyone.

And I didnt get 2 or 3 stocked ever. (Got JV 2'd by X's sonic game one though)

No one can shut down dis here yosheh.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
mostly because he said "everything else sucks". what the hell kind of stupid statement is that? something tells me he hasn't actually seen "everything else"...
Everything else does kinda suck though.

I've given all the shows on CN a fair chance.

Chowder was awful.
Johnny Test is bland and boring.
Total Drama Island/Action/Whatever fail to be funny and try to hard at it.
6teen (I think was the name) was so generic it hurt.
Camp Lazlo failed to keep me interested, mostly cause it's the same crap over and over.
Ben 10 is basically just a modern super hero cartoon with stuff we've all seen before in older super hero cartoons (and they did it better). Also the sequel series for this is falling under "going on for too long" syndrome and is getting repetitive.
Regular Show isn't bad. It's something I'll watch in the background or when nothing is on, but not something I'll follow religiously.
MAD is kid robot chicken, meaning it's sometimes funny, sometimes not.
Adventure Time is actually funny.

Those are the bigger names. I remember Camp Lazlo being about when CN started its huge decline for me. I mean at least Foster's and such were still playing around then. Now there's hardly anything.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, your opinion is invalid lol, have fun watching crappy cartoons
-insert definiton of opinion again-

Yeah, but i don't go into rage mode because you make fun of something i like.
I love kesha and law and order SVU and growlithe.
get @ me

I'll defend Adventure Time cause it's actually funny, I think. MAD not so much.
Pfft i have an AIM message saved of you saying MAD is awesome.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pfft i have an AIM message saved of you saying MAD is awesome.
That was the first time I saw it. And when Clifford killed Hannah Montana. I've watched it several times since and it's moved down to "ok-tier."

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
johnny test was originally a 4kids show that got moved to CN .... like pokemon.
didn't like it on either network.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was? I had no idea.

>4kids

oh

Reminded me that Atomic Betty moved to The Hub. I can't remember if I liked that or not when it was on CN.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So is humor the only thing we are judging cartoons on? If so, MLP isn't that good of a cartoon. >_>
@Zakat
I think cartoons try too hard to be funny.
Mlp's is very refreshing because they dont through forced humor every second :3 (my opinion)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The thing I don't like about MAD is a lot of the punch lines end up being really weak. Like, there's all this buildup, but then nothing. And it's a letdown. But when they do get it right, it's hilarious.

So is humor the only thing we are judging cartoons on? If so, MLP isn't that good of a cartoon. >_>
If the objective of the cartoon is to be funny, yes. Not every cartoon's objective is to be funny.

Total Drama Suck is a cartoon that tries to be funny but isn't.

Johnny Test isn't there with the purpose of being funny. It's kind of a "random adventure" thing each episode. But they fail to be entertaining.

And pony is to funny, what're you on? Subtle funny, not "in yer face" funny.

vZakat

Half Genie
lol. I'm not saying MLP isn't funny. I'm just saying that there are other cartoons that make me laugh more than it (adventure time and a few others) even if I don't think they are better than it.

Judging a show by how well it pulls of it purpose is probably the best way to do it.

vZakat

Half Genie
Animation is one of my favorite forms of media/entertainment so I tend to analyze it very deeply. I haven't even posted any of my crazy story theories about this show yet. I think too much sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom