• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Espy...Dash meaningfully works all the time.
She is the WEATHER. Your crops can't grow without permission from the pegasi.

You just mad because she's cooler than AJ.

John, you are a voice in my head like all these other pony folk. And like all of them, they get a new name. You are named "Blue Bunny" for having an avatar that reminds me of both the blue's brothers and a bunny.

Anyways, Dash already impressed the wonderbolts, I am not sure what more there is to do.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Wait for an opening.

And Dash might be called off to do work in a bigger city every once in a while.
Or maybe just is like me and sleeps until 3 PM because she stayed up watching Silent Hill be finished the night before and ended up not going to the tournament because of it.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
John, you are a voice in my head like all these other pony folk. And like all of them, they get a new name. You are named "Blue Bunny" for having an avatar that reminds me of both the blue's brothers and a bunny.

Anyways, Dash already impressed the wonderbolts, I am not sure what more there is to do.
I'm curious now.
Who are these "other pony folk" and what is each of their new name?

Edit: I slept till 5:45 am today, but only because I had to work at 7 am. It must be nice to sleep in. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy...Dash meaningfully works all the time.
She is the WEATHER. Your crops can't grow without permission from the pegasi.

You just mad because she's cooler than AJ.
Applejack has an amazing green thumb, and there's a reason she's a leader during Winter Wrap Up. You wouldn't have food if it weren't for her.

Dash naps half of the day away.

but dash can do the weather in 10 seconds flat, no johns
This.

vZakat

Half Genie
Dwam, Faust goin in. She's like 20% cooler in my eyes now.

Edit - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I just imagined apple bloom saying dwam and I can't stop laughing now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think you meant "clops", Ephy.
And Faust has always been a boss. This just makes her even more awesome.

vZakat

Half Genie
LOL. Crystal made me a new avatar. I don't know if I can handle it though. I laugh every time I see it. :dwam:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So guys.
I have a mini rainbow dash figurine, put it on the wii every single time i played.

Doin' work.
:D
Yeah, Mink is doing work atm. I placed 7th at this tournament so I feel pretty good about how I did.
Our low tiers match was so close. Hopefully replays soon.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think you meant "clops", Ephy.
And Faust has always been a boss. This just makes her even more awesome.
I think you mean "Trots" Espy. We all know what Scoot likes to write! ;)

I was thinking of buying a figurine, but umm, not sure which one to pick. If there was a Trixie, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but alas, there isn't one yet.

Any suggestions?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lauren faust is awesome.

too bad it doesn't make the show any better.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What is it you dislike about it?
It's a show for little girls.

But seriously, the script is so auto-piloted, the jokes are boring and obvious, the characters are general cartoon characters ... Especially pinkie pie, must've taken forever to come up with her. Plus, those ****ing "morals" every show has ... this isn't 1995, a pony teaching the values of respect and sharing isn't going have an impact. On anyone. Just stop it.

It's seriously just... an average cartoon, the only reason it's so popular is because little kids eat up all of the dumb cliches and the older viewers love that it's like old cartoons, so they watch it regardless. When you're constantly complaining about how bad some episodes are and you have to tell people to watch 5+ episodes in order for them to grasp how good the show can be, there's something wrong there.

I wonder if there is a word for this. Anyway, maybe you are overthinking it. And when you get all that negative thoughts in your head, its hard to see any redeeming qualties something has. When I think of smash, it is extremely repeatitive and I have no idea why I end up playing it. But, when I actually play and focus on the positive things, I have a great time.

I guess it comes down what you see more of. Do you see a show that seems to have so many negative qualities, or something that has positive qualities.

*gawddayumft* There was a psych word that represented this...

Or it seems you dislike it because its a popular show only because people are jumping on the hype band wagon.
Also, the morals of each episode, there is always a new generation to teach. Someone has to teach them and repeat the message over and over.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Spelt just says he dislikes it cuz hes too ashamed to admit its amazing.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, i've watched the show at least 6 times, because i really wanted to believe people when they kept telling me that you have to watch multiple shows to really get a sense of how awesome it is, because i miss old cartoons and i really wish it had any redeeming qualities besides it being like them.

Morals in a kids show don't do anything, the whole idea is completely ******** and i thought people realized this 10 years ago. Watching a cartoon character be mean to someone to ultimately learn that that isn't socially excepted isn't going to teach a kid anything. Kids probably don't even understand what they're talking about or they got so bored by the serious talk that they've started wrapping themselves in purple thread. IT. DOESN'T. DO. ANYTHING. People overestimate how well kids can grasp concepts. They learn they're life lessons, hopefully, irl while they're growing up from their own mistakes. If moral lessons in kids showed did actually do anything the maturity level in middle school would be much, much higher.

I think it builds over time. Honestly, reading a book once does not get you to memorize it completely, It's after the 4th-5th time through that you really start to know something by heart. The same is true with teaching kids it seems. Yay, this show will not teach any long lasting morals by itself, but someone who is exposed to this and other sources starts to be influenced by it.

Also, don't underestimate children. I'll never do that again :(

vZakat

Half Genie
So children are mindless and can't pay attention for more then 10 seconds so they need mindless crap to keep them occupied? That's about what your argument sounds like. Which I disagree with completely.

Honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to find a cartoon that is better than MLP that's come out in the past 5 year and I would even dare to say 10 years. Just saying.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Then why are you here, Spelt?
Just to throw his two cents in I guess. Obviously isn't going to change our viewpoint though. If you don't care for it, thats fine. It's not for everyone. Just don't get worked up about it. We aren't going to change.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The issue is people go in with skepticism and are immediately ready to judge it badly, so every little hint of anything they see that they can grasp on and hate, they're going to, even if they see the good qualities along side it. Getting people to watch multiple ones or certain ones first is important, or else they'll judge to quickly unless they're actually open-minded.

Like the sleepover one. Somebody sees that and it's too close to the girly frufru stereotype. The pilots are super bland and boring and people will be turned off by it being uninteresting.

And most of us don't like the morals. They're dumb and they're constantly poked fun at. Like with people's own letters to Celestia that are often vulgar and inappropriate.

the jokes are boring and obvious, the characters are general cartoon characters ....
This is just silly though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo guys.

I got 2nd today! finally beat this diddy kong -.-.

Me and the guy in first split. :D

I'm so happy.
Made sure to put my pony above my port each match.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Then why are you here, Spelt?
To talk about the show, like I have already been doing. :D

So children are mindless and can't pay attention for more then 10 seconds so they need mindless crap to keep them occupied? That's about what your argument sounds like. Which I disagree with completely.
Not at all, but if it suits your cause to put words in my mouth then go right ahead.

Honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to find a cartoon that is better than MLP that's come out in the past 5 year and I would even dare to say 10 years. Just saying.
Umm ... seriously..........?
I'm just not even going to bother, but i'll leave you with this:

o·pin·ion

 [uh-pin-yuhn]
–noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Just to throw his two cents in I guess. Obviously isn't going to change our viewpoint though. If you don't care for it, thats fine. It's not for everyone. Just don't get worked up about it. We aren't going to change.
lol.

Someone asked me about why I don't like the show, I answered. Stop acting like I just hit on your girlfriend.

The issue is people go in with skepticism and are immediately ready to judge it badly, so every little hint of anything they see that they can grasp on and hate, they're going to, even if they see the good qualities along side it. Getting people to watch multiple ones or certain ones first is important, or else they'll judge to quickly unless they're actually open-minded.

Like the sleepover one. Somebody sees that and it's too close to the girly frufru stereotype. The pilots are super bland and boring and people will be turned off by it being uninteresting.
I already said i went in trying to be as completely unbiased as possible. Whether or not you want to believe that is up to you.

This is just silly though.
Have ... you ... seen pinkie pie? every (good) cartoon ever has had a pinkie pie.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Crystal, the results arent up but it was:

1. X
2. Yaz
3. Lada
4. Dryu
5. Z'zgashi
5. Staz
7. Rockmix
7. Tsuteto
9. Baggins
9. Jor

The tournament was small, but i only placed beneath top 5 PR'd players (and tied with one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom