• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Well, Applejack told her to destroy the barn one time, so it seems quite easy to convince her to try and help out and, y' know, better herself, seeing as how she is the Element of Loyalty. So with that, it would've been better to just talk to her.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So...it's wrong that a connection to the pet that took the time to slow down and help her in a life or death situation?

Beros, an attempt is all I'm asking for, really. They just assumed that she wouldn't listen. Maybe, maybe not. But at least give her the benefit of the doubt, right?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Didn't they try to talk to her within the episode? And when they did, Dash just continued ranting about all her glorified heroics and completely ignored the rest of the mane 6 as if they were not saying anything at all?

Edit: Went through the scenes before Mare Do Well's appearance, yeah they didn't confront her yet about it. But it was clear as day that Dash didn't care about anything else, but being a hero within the however-many-saves Dash had done.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So...it's wrong that a connection to the pet that took the time to slow down and help her in a life or death situation?

Beros, an attempt is all I'm asking for, really. They just assumed that she wouldn't listen. Maybe, maybe not. But at least give her the benefit of the doubt, right?
Loving someone that saved your life is perfectly fine. But if it takes something as big as saving your life for you to give someone a chance, then something is very wrong and you're a **** like Dash.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
This Loyalty is the opposite of Betrayal. Does not include tooting your own horn and not listening to your friend's suggestions.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Loving someone that saved your life is perfectly fine. But if it takes something as big as saving your life for you to give someone a chance, then something is very wrong and you're a **** like Dash.
Honestly, what would you rather have, a tortoise or a falcon? Obviously the falcon, because falcons are better than tortoises in every imaginable way. Now, what if that tortoise saved your life? That must mean that the thing actually cares about you, so you would go for the tortoise, right? Hell, she even put a propeller on it. Celestia forbid it crashes into somepony.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
.....So does that mean I win?

[collapse=Also, this.]

[/collapse]

How about a Fluttershy discussion now?

BSP

Smash Legend
tl;dr version - A cross between two of the same species do not always result in the offspring of the same species as the parents

Good enough for me

Gates

Banned via Warnings
yes, there is a character who's better than Spike, Gates
WHAT
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So now we have 3 Gates.
Perfect. :applejack:
Well they're not talking about dragons or complaining about mods, so I don't see any similarities.

[collapse=Also, this.]

[/collapse]
Still doesn't make any bucking sense to me.

Also, you realize that it's still like a 1% chance (3/256) to have twins of those specific species right?

Pretty neat.
I'd rather just pretend it works like Pokemon. :applejack:
Same species as the mother, same TM/HM moves as the father, level-up moves if both parents know them, random IVs from each parent, 50% chance to inherit the mother's nature if she's holding an everstone, 60% chance of a mother with a hidden ability passing down a hidden ability, 1 in 8192 chance to get a shiny?

Yes, that's much simpler.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Everything was explained several pages ago by Slush. The whole thing is extremely simple as long as you read One Piece.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've seen *****ier, so Dash doesn't subjugate that aspect as much as people imply.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Diabolical at most, but Satan =/= *****iest.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Honestly, what would you rather have, a tortoise or a falcon? Obviously the falcon, because falcons are better than tortoises in every imaginable way. Now, what if that tortoise saved your life? That must mean that the thing actually cares about you, so you would go for the tortoise, right? Hell, she even put a propeller on it. Celestia forbid it crashes into somepony.
I would honestly take the tortoise. Those things are awesome. I mean, come on, the thing came with it's own shades.

Everything was explained several pages ago by Slush. The whole thing is extremely simple as long as you read One Piece.
This.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What detail? It's Dash we're talking about.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Well, Applejack told her to destroy the barn one time, so it seems quite easy to convince her to try and help out and, y' know, better herself, seeing as how she is the Element of Loyalty. So with that, it would've been better to just talk to her.
Applejack telling Dash to destroy her barn was asking Dash for help. The rest of the mane 6 trying to tell Dash she's being prideful is a matter of opinion. Regardless if that opinion is right or not, people are less inclined to listen to opinion, especially if the thing you're trying to tell them that they're being a jerk about is going to their head, in Dash's case.

Again, Dash was letting the fame and pride go to her head, so honestly, it would have been useless to try to talk to her about it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
To be perfectly honest, I doubt the Cakes have their family trees mapped out extensively enough to truly rule out inheriting recessive Pegasus or Unicorn traits (unless they're Mormons). Carrot's explanation likely only covers the family members he's aware of. But remember that the pool of possible heritage increases exponentially as you go back each generation, so you'd quickly lose track, especially since recessive traits can stick around for a long time with enough good luck.

john!

Smash Hero
rainbow dash is a *****, but she's an awesome ***** who is the second best flier in equestria, so we still love her anyway.

.....So does that mean I win?

[collapse=Also, this.]

[/collapse]

How about a Fluttershy discussion now?
that guy knows his genetics lol :bee: he even made a punnett square

i'm all in favor of a flutterdiscussion

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
To be perfectly honest, I doubt the Cakes have their family trees mapped out extensively enough to truly rule out inheriting recessive Pegasus or Unicorn traits (unless they're Mormons). Carrot's explanation likely only covers the family members he's aware of. But remember that the pool of possible heritage increases exponentially as you go back each generation, so you'd quickly lose track, especially since recessive traits can stick around for a long time with enough good luck.
I think that Ponyville's El Sancho is an alicorn. I feel bad for Mr. Cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom