• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Ah Psycho, scenes felt familiar, but I cannot recall Psycho in its entirety.

Mothers, true, even though it only has been one month. Then again, the catering was only for one night and 4 of the Mane 6 are mighty responsible and caring enough. Much said about Rarity, especially with relation to Sweetie Belle.

Also reused background music during Pinkie's Stand Up~

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pound Cake was easily my favorite in this episode. I usually overlook Pegasi, but he was superb in too many scenes to count.

I cannot fully grasp the potential behind Unicorn magic, it's absolutely astounding, I had no idea they could achieve self-sustained levatation. Pumpkin Cake was my second favorite for the reason thereof, as well as how captivating her overall character was(never to question why they're so active at such an age, but regardless), and it seemed very synonymous to what I guessed it to be. Once Pinkie Pie hit the dresser and was drenched in flour to prompt the laughter of the newborns, I instantly thought of Ice Age.
Pinkie Pie's tomfoolery did nothing short of supply the episode with its dose of satire. I found the stand-up jokes to be severely amusing; they were just so simple and inteligible, I could not help but laugh at the scene. Also smirked when Pinkie Pie truncated Twilight's visit due to her perceptible moral, not to mention the blatant agitation educed by Twilight's genial statements. She was more vexed by the interpreted idea than the intended thought, so I suppose she took it as some sort of challenge that she felt she had the potential to overcome, without assistance.

I second Zakat's notion, as I'm pretty certain mothers are like that until after the first 6 months. It's prevalent, according to my mother.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Ancestors, foal, listen to Carrot Cake.
One's a cousin twice removed I think, not sure how he worked that in.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah, it got explained.

Almost 5 minutes in, I think Pinkie would actually be a terrible babysitter, but she'll probably pull through.

"Oh look at Dash being a ***** about babysitting, lets point her out instead of everyone else dodging the babysitting!"

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think Rarity's excuse was the most ludicrous of the 5. Absence of reason never ceases to amuse me. I would have died of laughter if Big Macintosh showed up at the home during the babysitting, for any reason whatsoever.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I found it incredibly hilarious that the Cakes went to Rainbow Dash before Pinkie Pie. I love Dash, but she would be my absolute last choice for a babysitter.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Oh, and Applejack's 100% perfect attendance stays consistent, and Unicorns quite simply rendered Pegasi hilariously moot with that flight spell.
inb4Leaf.
Early in the episode, it's stated that unicorns have magic surges when young. Phasing through stuff and self-levitation probably are what's described.
Might be related to her talent, might not.

Once I see adult unicorns doing it, like Rarity using this tactic herself to save her own life or Twilight doing something with it (who I'd honestly expect it from more) as well as them using it to create and control weather, it can be shrugged off as a surge in magic because she's a child.

And even if unicorns could do that, at least pegasi aren't earth ponies.

Fluttershy still has a garden. AND can fly. Aj...just has a garden.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Applejack cultivates apples, which are awesome. Therefore, Applejack is the caregiver for what is awesome. Being precluded by caterpillars is a valid excuse, as she obviously wanted to keep this fact solid.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
She had no sympathy whatsoever and shrug it off kind of nope. Her genoristy lies prioritized elsewhere. That and knows her limits, especially when Sweetie Belle comes to visit.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Probably one of my favorite episodes so far. It was so adorable when
Pound & Pumpkin dropped the flour on themselves for Pinkie's sake
<333 this show

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Epic episode. The part where
Pinkie is doing stand-up comedy for them
was funny. Pinkie moves up on my favorite pony list once again.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Especially considering The Stare Master, Rarity has no patience at all.

It was so cute when Pumpkin was about to nom the broom. Then tablecloth. And then all the stuffed animals~

:phone:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Ancestors, foal, listen to Carrot Cake.
One's a cousin twice removed I think, not sure how he worked that in.
More like adultery on Mrs. Cake's part. With either an Alicorn or a Pegasus and Unicorn at the same time. lol

I think Rarity's excuse was the most ludicrous of the 5.
To be fair, a clothing palor has pins, bobbins, measuring tape, and a bunch of other small *** **** that children can and will put their mouths in.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pumpkin's incessant desire to knab everything was beyond adorable.

GK, that's an excuse, not the excuse. And besides, the babysitting was done at the residents' home. Rarity would have the same deal to worry about as Pinkie Pie.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Of Season 2?
I havent seen the new one or applebloom one yet, but Lesson Zero as of now.

Over a Barrel probably of Season 1.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
"Green isn't Your Color" and "May the Best Pet Win!" are my contemporary favorites for their respective seasons.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We get it, Hasbro, the show is about dragons. You don't have to beat us over the head with it.

Pony genetics

How do they work? O_o
Gregor Mendel is rolling in his grave.

At first, I was like WTF, how are they baby ponies doing all that. Then, watched again and saw that the Dash and Rarity said that they'd get flashes of their talents pretty soon.
Getting flashes of your talents is one thing. Pumpkin Cake having telekinesis, flight, and the ability to phase through solid matter at the age of one month is completely different. Also, how come Pound Cake can fly at one month but Scootaloo can't fly after several years? Does it have to do with wing strength not increasing in proportion to the rest of a pegasus' body?

More like adultery on Mrs. Cake's part. With either an Alicorn or a Pegasus and Unicorn at the same time.
No, I don't think that would account for it either. Maybe it would happen though, I'm not an OBGYN.

To be fair, a clothing palor has pins, bobbins, measuring tape, and a bunch of other small *** **** that children can and will put their mouths in.
Those gems probably have some sharp edges too, and it would be really bad if they were ingested.

This is another episode where things could have been avoided with better planning. Mr. and Mrs. Cake could have taken Pinkie Pie with them to the catering job and had one of them stay home to watch the kids and none of this would be a problem.

Pinkie Pie's standup is horrible, but sadly it's not the worst stand-up I've ever seen. I know they used that spot removal joke on Family Guy though.

I loved when Twilight just straight-up insulted Pinkie. Maybe I just like seeing Pinkie be insulted or suffer. I'm sick in the head.

What's your favorite episode?

[collapse=Without Bronies, this wouldn't be dirty]
[/collapse]

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
wow, i was literally expecting everyone to adore this episode because coincidentally i don't like it that much. And more or less, i was right.

I honestly think this episode was just ok. I mean, i certainly liked it and it was good, but not OMG AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING, which is strange for a Pinkie episode. Still, there were several things in the ep. that were pretty great. Pinkie's songs, her stand up, and thinking that she's responsible. Also, Pound and Pumpkin Cake were freaking adorable. And when the cakes were looking for other ppl to babysit, and Rarity's excuse is just "nope."

The only thing that legitimately bothers me about this episode and imo brings it down in value is that Pinkie having a breakdown and crying essentially solved the problem. That's just stupid to me. No one cries to solve their problems.
Still, Pound and Pumpkin pouring flour on themselves was adorable <3

*readies hate shields*

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
It's only one thing, Lash, so no worries. I agree with you about the crying thing if you noticed what I said in my spoiler tags. But also yes to Pound and Pumpkin with flour. The only reason I bare with the stand up was the twin's reactions and Pinkie managing her own rimshots.

As for favorite episode, Look Before You Sleep (Season 1 / Of All Time) and Lesson Zero (Season 2).

BSP

Smash Legend
Gregor Mendel is rolling in his grave.
:awesome:

So can we conclude that Wings and Horns are recessive? :o

Getting flashes of your talents is one thing. Pumpkin Cake having telekinesis, flight, and the ability to phase through solid matter at the age of one month is completely different. Also, how come Pound Cake can fly at one month but Scootaloo can't fly after several years? Does it have to do with wing strength not increasing in proportion to the rest of a pegasus' body?
Because Scootaloo is a chicken :troll:

Really though, your guess is as good as mine, and it makes sense. Maybe he could fly now because he's light, but when he gets a little older, he'll have to wait for his wings to get stronger or something.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I recall Rarity doing something similar to achieve resolution in an episode before this, Lash. Not holding that against you in any way, just demonstrating that this isn't the first time. I wasn't really ecstatic about it either, but I enjoyed it thoroughly, enough to say it was very good. Pound and Pumpkin made the episode for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom