• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
For those who haven't clicked yet, it's a cutesy flash video based on the infamous Cupcakes fanfiction. It is gory and it is NSFW and he is trying to troll you. You've been warned.

Do they have standards for appointing mods? Did they ever?
party pooper

Anyway, favorite Season 2 episode would be the Discord episodes. If i can only choose one, Part 2 of Return of Harmony.
As for Season 1, probably either Call of the Cutie or Party of One

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It wasn't even that gory and even then it's still a really cute video.

[yt]4NzS1tA1Av8[/yt]

Look at that! She's so happy that she's an earth pony now!

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
So I know nothing about MLP because I'm not a little girl however there is a fighting game in development called My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic. You can youtube it to find some not-quite beta footage of the game. I saw some horse pull a lasso out of thin air and then get shot in the face by a giant laser shot out of a floating book, seems kinda crazy so I'll probably check it out if I get the time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So I know nothing about MLP because I'm not a little girl however there is a fighting game in development called My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic. You can youtube it to find some not-quite beta footage of the game. I saw some horse pull a lasso out of thin air and then get shot in the face by a giant laser shot out of a floating book, seems kinda crazy so I'll probably check it out if I get the time.
You totally should check the game out.

And hey, why not check the show out, too? We have muffins!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Probably one of my favorite episodes so far. It was so adorable when
Pound & Pumpkin dropped the flour on themselves for Pinkie's sake
<333 this show
I know, this episode isnt particularly good, but it made me well manly tears (no shedding though)

It wasn't even that gory and even then it's still a really cute video.

[yt]4NzS1tA1Av8[/yt]

Look at that! She's so happy that she's an earth pony now!
...how did you become a mod again? XD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cause some people forget that they only got mod For a specific board. Not for all the boards.
Which makes them think that the Mod is supposed to be tight on rules in every board rather then just mostly their own and occasionally reporting a post in another board so the mod of that Sub-forum can deal with the idiot.

Thino

Smash Master
dont worry. After playing the game, you will check the show too and you will be one of us.

I was like that at first too

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Cause some people forget that they only got mod For a specific board. Not for all the boards.
Which makes them think that the Mod is supposed to be tight on rules in every board rather then just mostly their own and occasionally reporting a post in another board so the mod of that Sub-forum can deal with the idiot.
Actually, you're supposed to be that way. It's encouraged.
But people like Gates like to be a butthead about everything.

No soul in that one, I tell ya.

Haven't seen the video, need a link. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just saw the video. It was glorious. The music, the stupid dance, and Dash's hollowed out body at the end was hysterical. :applejack:

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol @ that video, but nooooo not angel :[
Also I love Pinkies expressions. Pinkie just needed to borrow some organs, Rainbow Dash is fine as with the ending of the video.
lol I watched this one too http://youtu.be/zA-lSdhy564
How come I've never heard of this guy?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The power of a Pegasi is clearly in the wings. Nip those off, and they're below an Earth pony. :applejack:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Nah, they could just be an earth pony, I'm sure they could drag a plow across the ground and kick trees. The lucky ones could bake (they have to cook for themselves anyways) or maybe work fast food. Wait tables. Whatever.

A fate worse than death.
I'd jump. Or get surgery.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I dunno

Pegasus ponies would necessarily have different musculoskeletal structures just behind the shoulders, and I'm sure a lot of the anatomical differences would extend all the way around the barrel, up the withers and down to the croup, at least. You could take off the external wings, but there would still be wing structure in evidence, so they'd likely still retain pegasus magic.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im bad at gore and horror, so no, i dont think ill be checking it out, i got as far as rainbow dash being strapped up. stopped there

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is where I take issue with the whole moderation system of SWF. There are so many subforums that it seems like each one has a separate mod, but if you're only the mod of one forum then you get this undeserved sense of self-worth that's reflected by the mechanics of the site. I've seen so many new mods get drunk with power when they first start moderating, they moderate the forum they got promoted for in the same way the KGB moderated the USSR, but then they get complacent and basically do nothing at all, which is really about as bad as if there was no forum-specific mod in the first place. What's really bad is if they start mini-modding in forums they're not mods of. Either way though, that's not the real problem.

The real problem is that they can't be ignored (by which I of course mean put on Ignore List) in any forum, regardless of whether it has any bearing on what they're actual mods of. I can understand why they shouldn't be ignored in the forum they moderate, obviously, and Admins should naturally be completely exempt from it, but if I'm sick of reading your posts in another forum, I should be able to at least ignore you based on that. For example, let's say I'm a Melee player and a Brawl mod starts posting the stupidest, most inane, uneducated **** I've ever seen in the forum I most frequent. Let's say he posts there several times a day and this goes on for several months and I just get sick of reading it after a while. If it were any other poster, I could just put him on ignore list and my sanity would be preserved. But no, it's a mod, so I can't do ****, even though what they moderate isn't even tangentially related to what I go to that forum for. So I'm stuck with either reading those soul-crushingly bad ****posts for the rest of my miserable existence or flipping out on the mod and giving him a piece of my mind, and whose side do you think the admins will take if I choose the latter?

Being able to put mods on ignore list solves everyone's problem - mods can ****post all they want outside their forums and nobody has to read it if they don't want to. As far as I'm concerned (and as far as most mods are concerned, it seems), if you're not a mod of the specific forum you're posting in then you're not immune to the rules and you don't deserve special treatment. The ignore list rules should be changed to reflect this or at the very least there should be less forum-specific mods.

Actually, you're supposed to be that way. It's encouraged.
But people like Gates like to be a butthead about everything.

No soul in that one, I tell ya.
You're one to talk. You're also the perfect example of what I was talking about.

Also,
im bad at gore and horror, so no, i dont think ill be checking it out, i got as far as rainbow dash being strapped up. stopped there
I put the disclaimer up because I knew some people would be like this if they didn't know.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>postan BYOND related stuph in response
This is where I take issue with the whole moderation system of SWF. There are so many subforums that it seems like each one has a separate mod, but if you're only the mod of one forum then you get this undeserved sense of self-worth that's reflected by the mechanics of the site. I've seen so many new mods get drunk with power when they first start moderating, they moderate the forum they got promoted for in the same way the KGB moderated the USSR, but then they get complacent and basically do nothing at all, which is really about as bad as if there was no forum-specific mod in the first place. What's really bad is if they start mini-modding in forums they're not mods of. Either way though, that's not the real problem.
SWF is much bigger then the dozens of forums i've been mod/admin on, along with not many members for the sites I was on so the creator of the game/forum just made whoever was an In-game Admin/GM admin on the forum instead of having to deal with Mods on the forum for specific Sub-forums only.
That and there's (soon to be) 4 games for the Smash Series, so it's only normal for there to be alot of mods for Sub-Forums.
But that's what Super Mods are for, modding all the boards. Or atleast hand out infractions to some random board without having to mod it.

The real problem is that they can't be ignored (by which I of course mean put on Ignore List) in any forum, regardless of whether it has any bearing on what they're actual mods of. I can understand why they shouldn't be ignored in the forum they moderate, obviously, and Admins should naturally be completely exempt from it, but if I'm sick of reading your posts in another forum, I should be able to at least ignore you based on that. For example, let's say I'm a Melee player and a Brawl mod starts posting the stupidest, most inane, uneducated **** I've ever seen in the forum I most frequent. Let's say he posts there several times a day and this goes on for several months and I just get sick of reading it after a while. If it were any other poster, I could just put him on ignore list and my sanity would be preserved. But no, it's a mod, so I can't do ****, even though what they moderate isn't even tangentially related to what I go to that forum for. So I'm stuck with either reading those soul-crushingly bad ****posts for the rest of my miserable existence or flipping out on the mod and giving him a piece of my mind, and whose side do you think the admins will take if I choose the latter?

Being able to put mods on ignore list solves everyone's problem - mods can ****post all they want outside their forums and nobody has to read it if they don't want to. As far as I'm concerned (and as far as most mods are concerned, it seems), if you're not a mod of the specific forum you're posting in then you're not immune to the rules and you don't deserve special treatment. The ignore list rules should be changed to reflect this or at the very least there should be less forum-specific mods.
Or, you know. You could just not respond to their posts and either just allow him/her to keep making a bad example for themselves until the higher-ups notice and remove their powers, or sadly deal with it till they eventually stop.
For me, the only time I ever got my powers removed was after the hundreds of threads about me Abusing in-game kept happening. Even with the pages of arguing/screenshots of the opposite happening etc. The Main Admin just eventually got tired of it removed all 4 admins and after a few weeks appointed me and only one other to be admin again.

If the forum was able to be seen without having to register/Thread lost in the fabrics of time. I'd post them all so my response can make more sense.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
But no, it's a mod, so I can't do ****, even though what they moderate isn't even tangentially related to what I go to that forum for. So I'm stuck with either reading those soul-crushingly bad ****posts for the rest of my miserable existence or flipping out on the mod and giving him a piece of my mind, and whose side do you think the admins will take if I choose the latter?
You could actually make a case in forum disputes about it. Believe it or not, there are certain expectations placed moderators' behavior, and a lot of mods have lost their modship for abusing their power outside of the areas they moderate. If you want a badly behaved mod dealt with, take it up with the admins, provide ample evidence that the mod is not meeting the boards' standards of moderating, and they'll deal with it as they see fit.

Doubtless sometimes cronyism comes into play, it's the only explanation I have for how virginlick**** is still a modbut for the most part, you do have a recourse for dealing with mods, and situations like the one you describe are perfect times to use it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Or, you know. You could just not respond to their posts and either just allow him/her to keep making a bad example for themselves until the higher-ups notice and remove their powers, or sadly deal with it till they eventually stop.
Not all of us have the patience for that.

My day job requires me to be very, very patient with people, so by the end of the day when I log on SWF most of that patience has run dry and I don't have the energy to deal with people who say stupid ****. The Ignore List is my best friend because of it since it allows me to read threads as I normally would without flipping my **** at people, especially now that it doesn't show that they even made a post in the first place. I've got like 100 people on it by now. I proposed to it late last year, but she reminded me that she was just a bunch of code for a forum, so we're just friends with benefits now.

You could actually make a case in forum disputes about it. Believe it or not, there are certain expectations placed moderators' behavior, and a lot of mods have lost their modship for abusing their power outside of the areas they moderate. If you want a badly behaved mod dealt with, take it up with the admins, provide ample evidence that the mod is not meeting the boards' standards of moderating, and they'll deal with it as they see fit.

Doubtless sometimes cronyism comes into play, but for the most part, you do have a recourse for dealing with mods, and situations like the one you describe are perfect times to use it.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. It should go without saying that your modship should be revoked if you're breaking the rules. I'm not talking about that though. I'm talking about mods just generally acting stupid and making horrible posts that I don't want to read. I don't want to say any names, but I could PM you some specific examples if you really want to know what I mean.

john!

Smash Hero
i agree with gates. if someone only mods a particular subforum, then they should be treated like a regular forum member elsewhere on the site, including the ability to be ignored. they probably just don't do this because it would be annoying to code

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>espy
>k prime

Anyways, noone is perfect. There's going to be dumb posts from staff every now and then. Hell, you actually think people approve of AZ's posts about URC stuff?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
>espy
>k prime
Ha! I never had an issue with K Prime until now (that I can remember), and even then what he posted was funny to me since I have a really dark sense of humor. I just wish he'd have been more sensitive to those of us in this thread who are more...well, sensitive to those sorts of things. Espy...idk, I mean I don't hate the guy, most of his posts I'm fine with, but there are a bunch of posts he's made that have pissed me off from time to time.

No, I'm talking about my dark past of getting into fights with mods, like my fighting with Chibo and P-4 in the poke-center and my beef with Serris in the MvC3 thread.

Anyways, noone is perfect. There's going to be dumb posts from staff every now and then.
Well obviously, but when it's CONSTANT then it becomes an issue.

Hell, you actually think people approve of AZ's posts about URC stuff?
I seriously have no idea what you're talking about with this.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why would I have joined SWF if I never played Smash? I played Smash until spring 2010 when I quit (in fact while I did play Smash I was pretty active and ran the first Dedede Matchup thread - btw, don't ever run a matchup thread, it's terrible). By that point I was into the SWF Pokecenter and the Light House fighting game threads though, so I stayed around for a long time. I quit Pokemon before spring in 2011 because I got tired of it but kept up on the LH and started watching ponies. I stayed because there were some people who were actually quite knowledgeable about fighting games there and I liked talking to them, but once MvC3 came out they became outnumbered by people who were just really dumb and I would tell them off constantly in my traditional fashion, which eventually got me room banned (and really I was the one who pushed for a room ban the most because F8AL had threatened me with one for about 4 months without doing anything before I got sick of it and finally trolled him into room banning me so I could get some work done on my midterms and not be distracted by SWF). So now I pretty much just read this thread. I visit the MtG thread in the Pool Room once in a while but it's pretty dead.

But yeah, I haven't read anything Smash related in about 2 years.

inb4 "Then why are you here?" I ask myself that all the time and I still haven't come up with a good answer.

And no, John, I was never much of a Melee player, I just don't know what URC stood for at the time. I'm guessing it's the Unity Ruleset?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They were on a hiatus for some time, Mink. You'd be several behind if they showed new episodes consistently back to back. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom