• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol k, you guys believe what you want, BSP and I have been playing this game at a high level for a while now and we know whats up. Also, Zaj, that's a stat boost tier list, it doesnt take into account the available Vehicles as some characters are better just due to the options on what to drive they have available.

If you went up to anyone who plays the game at even a somewhat high level and were to say Funky/Daisy arent top 2, they would laugh. Baby Daisy is good, imo #3 in the game, but Funky/Daisy might as well have a tier of their own at the top, the dominate due to their Speed/MT combination. Baby Daisy can keep up, but due to snaking being taken out, BDaisy's MTs arent gonna be near as helpful as Funky/Daisy's combonation of the two. Lightweights have better stat boosts cuz their vehicle selection sucks compared to the other 2 weight classes. And that list has some of the stat boosts written down wrong. BMario has +6 Weight not 9.

Also LOOOOL at Baby Mario not the worst on that list, he should have his own tier at the bottom lol, he's literally LEAGUES behind everyone else.
Oh yeah, Me and mr.doom met BSP online yesterday
He was better than me, but not by any considerable margin, i think the reason my points tally isnt over 9000 is because i occasionaly have those 'nearly last place' **** ups XD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Princess Luna
2. Rarity
3. RDash/Pinkie Pie
5. Twi/Fluttershy
7. Applejack

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
0. Anthon1996
1. Twilight (and possibly Luna and Fluttershy)
2. Everypony else

BSP

Smash Legend
Z'z, that's a top speed difference. Meaning funky kong isn't gonna get any further than that for the entire duration of the race. Factoring in everything else like items/boosts/etc it doesn't even make a difference.
Yes he is. You saw the video right? That lead was only going to get bigger. In a situation where it's blue shell before the finish, that extra speed could really make the difference.

And Bowser is only slightly slower than FK. I wish that guy would've posted Funky vs. anyone without a speed boost.

>Doesn't know the difference between top speed and acceleration.
>Claims I don't know what I'm talking about.
Bowser and Funky have the same acceleration, but Funky is faster by a noticeable margin

The only way this would matter, I think, is if there was a way to turn items off. It has influence Gashi, but it's negligible because it's Mario Kart.

Also, Zaj ninjapony'd me. :applejack:
Picking Funky won't let you auto **** everyone, but when he's going that much faster than you for the entire race, it will be very difficult for you to outrun him.

And considering that getting a considerable lead before the inevitable blue shell is a big deal, you're hurting yourself if you don't take that extra speed.

IMO the speed difference is pretty clear, and I wouldn't gimp myself by not taking it. Unless you're much better racer than your opponent, Funky is going to catch you. :urg: That's the way I see it anyway. If I'm racing someone and we have equal skill, but they're Funky and I'm not, they are always gaining on me, or I'm always falling behind.

There's a reason every single "good" or "pro" room is all Funky with maybe 2 Daisy players

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only difficulty is that items in general are crazy sporadic, so it's difficult to gauge how important it would be in those types of races. However, since Gashi established that the item type is altered for more competitive races, that slight speed difference can make a world of difference.

I guess I'm just saying that in the general Mario Kart setting, with crazy items flying around everywhere, the speed difference isn't a significant boon. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
However, in the general setting, first place is usually too far ahead to be affected by the items that nullify speed advantages. Go look at any good MKW room and look at the distance between first and the pack. The only time items really screw up hidden stats is when a blue shell comes (and even then, the characters with speed boosts can get a better lead to handle the blue shell), or someone overtakes second place with a speed boosting item, which should also be a rare occasion since the front and back are usually separated by a large margin. Otherwise, First place is pretty much in a TT setting, and your speed advantage will make a difference.

This is course dependent of course, but every race will have segments where you're in TT setting and your stats will help/hurt you

we could go back and forth on this, but if they really didn't matter, rooms like this wouldn't happen.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously guys, the MK stuff was fun when it was just an off-handed mention, but it's become the main topic for too long and we've got locked for less than this before.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wet Manes only got that many cause it's newish kinda.

Trollestia is far too popular and was an obvious winner.

I voted socks.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
They didn't even include all of them.

But to do so would be crazy cause there are a looooooooooooooot.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I didn't get about the Blobs sub-meme, lol.

I got pretty lost there.
Simple, Blobs are circles and cat like faces. People find dumb stuff like that cute.
And then the little Rainbow Blob appearing in a trillion tumblrs and images cause of some discussion in the skype chat.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno if blobs count as a meme. The Dash blob flying through every pony tumblr could be one. But blobs in general are just for cutesy wutesy
have you even met me?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Kinda hate how stuff became sub-memes, but I voted for wet manes on EqD, and if I could, followed by socks I guess. Why no glasses? Cause nopony delves into it.

Edit: Cause sub-memes makes it feel less special.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
People in this fandom will latch onto one little thing and take it to extreme measures.

An offhand joke like scootaloo being a chicken is now a huuuuuuuuuuuge thing.

Kinda related:

On Skype chat.

Something charming about kiwiloo. I dunno what it is or why it happened, but kiwi.

M!nt

Smash Champion
What's the difference between a sub-meme and a meme?
I like the TV fluttershy one's if that's a sub-meme.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
...do you think it might have something to do with the fact that it has a pony in it? :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Wasn't the play costumes filly Rarity was in charge of all edible food? (Was going to say fruits and then I'm pretty sure I remembered seeing pie).

I don't think we'll be having another play, considering the CMC Show Stoppers performance and the Hearth's Warming Eve episode.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's the difference between a sub-meme and a meme?
I like the TV fluttershy one's if that's a sub-meme.
Say MLP is a meme. All the memes in MLP are sub-memes.

Personally, I still don't get how MLP is a meme, but some people consider it one.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Oh so sub-memes are the smaller memes within a meme.
thats weird lol, and yeah I don't think you can call a whole TV show a meme.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nice picture. The dragon looks a little bit too feminine in that picture though. Pink scales and whatnot. :applejack:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I still heavily esteem the brushie meme. It's awesome.

MK talk? Weow, kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom