• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My speakers were muted, but I can tell from text that I don't like it because of the song choice.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If it comes down to it, I'll gift premium to everypony in this thread who wants it and we can move back to our original base in the Disco Room where things are much more lax.

But that's for the day this thread dies.

Not kidding either. I don't want our little community here to lose this place, and if I have to pay to keep it afloat, I shall.

BSP

Smash Legend
Calm down you guys >.>

Anywho, I was wondering, which of the mane 6 is the oldest? I know it can't be Dash (>_>;) Pinkie since Fluttershy said she's a year older than her, so who's the oldest of the other 5?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Said she's a year older than Pinkie, not Dash.

None of their ages are officially listed. All speculation. Based on personalities, lifestyles, etcetc though, my guess is Rarity for oldest.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Well, if Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie and everypony else is the same age as Pinkie then Fluttershy is the oldest. Are other facts/details about the mane 6's age known canon?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't you dare give me premium, Zaj. I won't accept it, even if you do give it to me. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, if Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie and everypony else is the same age as Pinkie then Fluttershy is the oldest. Are other facts/details about the mane 6's age known canon?
Apparently not :c

Heh, it'd be funny if Fluttershy was the oldest

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I just remembered that Mrs. Faust was soooo kind to make a FAQ post not too long ago. She does address your question about the mane 6's age.
The ponies' ages were left intentionally undefined. I like to think of them as having maturity levels anywhere between 12 and 18, (but remember that maturity is different than age. You can be a 10-year-old with the maturity of a 15-year-old, and you can be a 35-year-old with the maturity of a 15-year-old.) For story telling purposes, they needed to be able to live independent of parents, but innocent enough for the type of lessons they learn at the end of the episodes. Since horses are full grown around 5-ish, I guess I sort of justified it in my head that they could be childlike young adults. I know this answer is frustrating for some people, but it happens often in cartoons. How old is Bugs Bunny? Mickey Mouse? Sponge Bob? I don't know either.
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/FAQ-276161988

M!nt

Smash Champion
Fluttershy always makes me think shes the oldest, what with being so tall as a filly and the year older comment.
Said she's a year older than Pinkie, not Dash.

None of their ages are officially listed. All speculation. Based on personalities, lifestyles, etcetc though, my guess is Rarity for oldest.
You're so nice ^_^
I forgot all about premium I might just get that now, Mint would look better in green :p

BSP

Smash Legend
they needed to be able to live independent of parents, but innocent enough for the type of lessons they learn at the end of the episodes"
Uh huh....that's a difficult number...

any guesses?

BSP

Smash Legend
Adult is a pretty large range tho

They're all 50 obviously :p

And their maturity levels are so low because they were occupied with their favorite hobbies so much! Applejack applebucked constantly, Rainbow Dash never landed, Twilight read all day and night, Fluttershy was a hermit, Rarity just made dresses in private, and Pinkie Pie...just kept being Pinkie Pie. :bee:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well they're certainly not granny smith or to a lesser extent, mayor mare.

My speculation tho, oldest to youngest, based on lifestyles and stuff:

Rarity runs her own business and is moved out of the house. Sweetie Belle comes over when she needs babysitting, but other than that, she's by herself.

Applejack is similar, but still lives with the family. Helping run the family business, but mostly the one in charge since she has no parents and granny is old and can't do ****. I'm just gonna guess same-ish age as Rarity, maybe younger.

Dash is smack in the middle. Has her own place, and her job is simply managing weather with a bunch of other pegasi. Went out and got a job rather than pursuing something like Rarity or AJ so she can go for that Wonderbolt dream and the weather job is just to make ends meet. So not to the point where she's set in her life goals, but pursuing them.

Twilight makes me think of a college student. Studying abroad! And by abroad I mean the next town over.

Fluttershy, year older than Pinkie.

Pinkie lives with the Cakes, and I viewed it as a sort of parental thing. She does work for them though, perhaps having her work be what pays for the room upstairs. Think of it like doing chores for your parents, but on a more mature level.

M!nt

Smash Champion
>implying you have to be in your 20s to have a child
-
Can you change your name with prem or was I mistaken?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Makes me wonder the age difference between sisters, especially those present in The Sisterhooves Social.

=

And yes, you can get a name change.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Speculating an acceptable age estimate would require fact summation, pretty much what Zaj used. It encompasses the speculation in reason, to make it a bit more credible than an open speculation of "I just think he/she is X because of how he/she acts, which resembles behavior prevalent in this maturity/age group." It supports it with evidence.

I cannot really give my speculation from mobile for each of the mane 6, but all of them seem at least beyond their teen years, save for possibly Pinkie Pie.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That's not a fun thought at all, Philomoenix.
No it is not, but if people are stupid enough to get the place locked again, then maybe I don't want to talk to said stupid people. Although I only say that because the previous reasons why the place was locked were sooo stupid, it really pissed me off. And User Groups totally suck, can't even +1. Also, Philomoenix is a great name. :)

And Fluttershy is definitely the oldest, although I'm just going by how tall she was as a filly. Other than that, I'd say Applejack and Rarity are also some of the older ones, probably. Pinkie's definitely the youngest, though, also probably, maybe.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Mint, your avatar draws me to ponder about how Spike would look in a Barney costume.

Also, I do not blame you, PL. lol.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm jealous.

...Did you want it?
I'm still wondering why that shirt hasn't been taken down at the request of Megasweet.

If it comes down to it, I'll gift premium to everypony in this thread who wants it and we can move back to our original base in the Disco Room where things are much more lax.

But that's for the day this thread dies.

Not kidding either. I don't want our little community here to lose this place, and if I have to pay to keep it afloat, I shall.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Come to the DR. We've got sweets, dancing, and more Spelt than your diaper can hold.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've got no other choice but to have a better post habit so I can get unbanned. Clearly.
So I'll be back there. I didn't get premie so I can do crap with my user title and show off a 1-up mushroom, lol.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I didn't get premie so I can do crap with my user title and show off a 1-up mushroom, lol.
funny, thats exactly why I got it.
too bad regular mint is taken, I hate these underscores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom