• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

j00t

Smash Champion
Practice right and believe you will get better. You can't just play and expect to get better. You got to constantly try to work out something in your game. For once a serious post.

TO THE GUY FROM MS, WHERE ARE YOU IN MS?
Can you elaborate on "practice right"

I still don't know how to do that :/

but I do believe!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Can you elaborate on "practice right"

I still don't know how to do that :/

but I do believe!
Practice what you need to practice. Practice it till you not only get it right, but do it consistently. Brush up on everything to make sure you can do all the important stuff easily. Also, you have to see what causes you to get punished for doing stuff whether it is spacing, technical skill, using the wrong moves, being too predictable, or not predicting your opponent correctly. Really important to get all tech skill down that is necessary or truly beneficial and to know all options you have at any moment and all the opponent's options and how to cover those options.

You need to do all this. You also have to play semi regularly with people around your skill level or better and play as many different people as possible which means travel. You have to bring a mindset to learn even to far away tourneys and not just the people you regularly play because this the chance to actually be tested and how well you can adapt to other people's habits.

Playing in tourneys is necessary or else you will never get used to a tourney setting. Just making a general list just in case anyone else besides JWT cares about what I got to say.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Practice what you need to practice. Practice it till you not only get it right, but do it consistently. Brush up on everything to make sure you can do all the important stuff easily. Also, you have to see what causes you to get punished for doing stuff whether it is spacing, technical skill, using the wrong moves, being too predictable, or not predicting your opponent correctly. Really important to get all tech skill down that is necessary or truly beneficial and to know all options you have at any moment and all the opponent's options and how to cover those options.

You need to do all this. You also have to play semi regularly with people around your skill level or better and play as many different people as possible which means travel. You have to bring a mindset to learn even to far away tourneys and not just the people you regularly play because this the chance to actually be tested and how well you can adapt to other people's habits.

Playing in tourneys is necessary or else you will never get used to a tourney setting. Just making a general list just in case anyone else besides JWT cares about what I got to say.
whaha I was waiting for you to reveal your secrets to me now I will finish plan two of my plan. Incarcerating all of the raptors, in a zoo like place where all can come and stare at them. (assistant whispering) wait.... we want to train them.... aha... go on..... okay instead of the whole stare at them we will harness their power for the creation of a warrior. A man so sexy he will erase the ground he walks on. J douglass will be his name

Milln

Smash Champion
whaha I was waiting for you to reveal your secrets to me now I will finish plan two of my plan. Incarcerating all of the raptors, in a zoo like place where all can come and stare at them. (assistant whispering) wait.... we want to train them.... aha... go on..... okay instead of the whole stare at them we will harness their power for the creation of a warrior. A man so sexy he will erase the ground he walks on. J douglass will be his name
Already been done, They named him Captain Falcon.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Already been done, They named him Captain Falcon.
uh...Douglas J. IS Captain Falcon. :p

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I've seen the light everyone! I recently acquired brawl+ and it is life changing. My smash crew as well as myself have decided to never go back to vbrawl. My only problem with it is that i didn't get it sooner lol!

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hmm, Melee? I'll try to see if anyone else from our crew wants to go.

Hey...is that the same Game Galaxy with all the awesome arcades ran by DreamTR?

Milln

Smash Champion
Hmm, Melee? I'll try to see if anyone else from our crew wants to go.

Hey...is that the same Game Galaxy with all the awesome arcades ran by DreamTR?
Play BlazBlue with me. <3

Also @POps: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to say.....you are too far away to be in North MS's smash scene to at least visit regularly. Freaking 3 hours away from OXFORD! =(
I may come to those tourneys depending on your total of occupancy.

Also, anyone wanna team with a Sonic scrub? [lol]

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Play BlazBlue with me. <3

Also @POps: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Lol...your post makes me think I'll get my *** demolished, but I'll still play with you. I've been wanting to go to Game Galaxy for a while and play BB there. I'm sure some of my crew mates would be interested as well.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
If I ever fight a metaknight again i'm either using snake or another character I'm learning if I enter a brawl tourney. Thanks for the inspiration midnight :). Anyone else I stick to sheik

Rayku

Smash Lord
If I ever fight a metaknight again i'm either using snake or another character I'm learning if I enter a brawl tourney. Thanks for the inspiration midnight :). Anyone else I stick to sheik
just take 'em to Delfino plaza and walk 'em off with grab releases :p

That matchup is pretty hopeless, though, I must say.

Milln

Smash Champion
Or you could play brawl+ :laugh:. He isn't as ridiculous anymore.
Srsly. Play Brawl+ and stop being a noob. You WILL fight a Meta again because it's regular Brawl and that's the only character that matters (except for Snake in some hands) in that game so enjoy learning a secondary.

Or play Brawl Plus and have fun.

And BlazBlue and have fun.

Lol...your post makes me think I'll get my *** demolished, but I'll still play with you. I've been wanting to go to Game Galaxy for a while and play BB there. I'm sure some of my crew mates would be interested as well.
Well iunno how gewd yew arezies. =x But I'd like to say Boom Cube and I are pretty nice. We have way too much fun when we play, so there's the want to play with lots and lots of people and introduce them to my Ragna. >D

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Srsly. Play Brawl+ and stop being a noob. You WILL fight a Meta again because it's regular Brawl and that's the only character that matters (except for Snake in some hands) in that game so enjoy learning a secondary.

Or play Brawl Plus and have fun.

And BlazBlue and have fun.

Well iunno how gewd yew arezies. =x But I'd like to say Boom Cube and I are pretty nice. We have way too much fun when we play, so there's the want to play with lots and lots of people and introduce them to my Ragna. >D
1. Milln likes Brawl+ now...?
2. Blazblue is mega fun
3. My Ragna will pwn your Ragna

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
1. Milln likes Brawl+ now...?
2. Blazblue is mega fun
3. My Ragna will pwn your Ragna
1.Milln has liked brawl+ for a while. (he plays Squirtle Knight)
2.I think im gonna play boobie lady
3.Did i say you could talk!

haha jk.

but seriously

Fight It Out!
Milln should get it haha

Top Bottom