• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
I am so Black.

Ok. TN needs a D3 main. so I can partner up with them. and do the whole Misadventures of Flapjack thing.

TL = Flapjack
D3 = Captain K'nuckles

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I am so Black.

Ok. TN needs a D3 main. so I can partner up with them. and do the whole Misadventures of Flapjack thing.

TL = Flapjack
D3 = Captain K'nuckles
yeah so i would do this but i dont think ill be hosting another Brawl tourney. Since its kinda impossible to do both Brawl and Brawl+. Although i May be able to host both on different weekends. But im not a fan of Brawl.

Sigh i hate being stuck in this position.

anyway New date for monthly is up.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
The 15th?! Are you sure that isn't a typo?

So long as there isn't mandatory overtime, I should be able to make this one.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Pretty much unless
A) We have tons of setups to allow everything we want to do

or

B) we host Brawl and Brawl+ on different weekends. Preferably having somebody else host brawl, since I'm not sure KO would really want to host both.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Doesn't it like. cost money? and stuff?

and like. I was joking about that. I don't really. have. much. responsibility. Or anything I could bring other than a wii + Barlw. and maybe a recording device.

But if nobody else is going to do it. and Barlw + is really replacing regular Barlw. I'd do it.

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Pretty much unless
A) We have tons of setups to allow everything we want to do

or

B) we host Brawl and Brawl+ on different weekends. Preferably having somebody else host brawl, since I'm not sure KO would really want to host both.
Well, we can always try to have too many setups, so that other side tourneys can happen, but we'd have to have overseers for each and every sub-event.
so:
We need too many setups by august, so that we can have epic side tourneys of barlw, and blazblue, and hopefully SWR and melty blood.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Doesn't it like. cost money? and stuff?

and like. I was joking about that. I don't really. have. much. responsibility. Or anything I could bring other than a wii + Barlw. and maybe a recording device.

But if nobody else is going to do it. and Barlw + is really replacing regular Barlw. I'd do it.
Brawl + is def the main attraction.

but no it doesnt cost money to host at GG but you have to collect venue fee instead. also you would need a laptop with TIO to make things easier

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Ah, that must be nice, Captain and I need to go looking around to see if a local arcade in memphis or something would let us host one for a venuee fee instead of a room rent. Get all of the mempis smashers involved too (alot of um down here). We could easily spur up a nice interest in melee/brawl. Just gotta get organized like you did. Useing our school like we orginally planned may not be as easy as we think. :dizzy:

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Ah, that must be nice, Captain and I need to go looking around to see if a local arcade in memphis or something would let us host one for a venuee fee instead of a room rent. Get all of the mempis smashers involved too (alot of um down here). We could easily spur up a nice interest in melee/brawl. Just gotta get organized like you did. Useing our school like we orginally planned may not be as easy as we think. :dizzy:
9 8 7 6 5 4..... eye spark round 1 fight

anyway I do want in on this guys, so keep me posted. Brawl is like alcohol

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Brawl + is def the main attraction.

but no it doesnt cost money to host at GG but you have to collect venue fee instead. also you would need a laptop with TIO to make things easier
This venue fee goes to the guize at the arcade right?

I'm pretty sure I could convince Keith to get TIO on his laptop and such. and in the event that he can't bring a laptop, I've got one I can bring, but it's incredibly shaky, such as.. turning off at random

Kain17

Smash Cadet
This venue fee goes to the guize at the arcade right?

I'm pretty sure I could convince Keith to get TIO on his laptop and such. and in the event that he can't bring a laptop, I've got one I can bring, but it's incredibly shaky, such as.. turning off at random
I'd love to help.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
keep us posted on what you guys come up with.
most of AL doesn't play brawl+ enough to warrant the 4 hour drive

but we love TN and we dont want to not come <3

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Im really interested for Brawl+, but where are the rules? I dont see a ruleset or codeset we will be using for the tournament.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
So, im not sure if im seeing this right, but most of the people in this thread seem to be excited about Normal Brawl, correct? Unless im getting the wrong impression, this IS a Brawl+ focused tournament right?

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Here's how is atm.

We've been playing Normal, but now our only tournament director in the area says Brawl+, and some aren't happy about that. Some are dealing with it. But from what I know this tournament is as the title suggests, a brawl+ one with brawl singles if there is enough room.

On a different topic, KO, will you be hosting brawl+ doubles alongside brawl+ singles?

Kain17

Smash Cadet
So, im not sure if im seeing this right, but most of the people in this thread seem to be excited about Normal Brawl, correct? Unless im getting the wrong impression, this IS a Brawl+ focused tournament right?
It wasnt, but the next one wont be.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I am a part of the Brawl+ community as well as TheCape, ill spread the word around that this tournament is happening.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
This is a good recommended ruleset from the Brawl+ community.

Brawl+ Rules:

For tournaments, always use the latest Official build, in this case, OFFICIAL SET 4.1
http://brawlplus.net/download/

Double elimination.

4 stocks

8 minute time limit.

Team attack is ON.

Obviously, NO CHARACTERS ARE BANNED!

Stage Selection:

Neutral -

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Luigi's Mansion(No Mansion)
Pokemon Stadium 2(Frozen)
WarioWare(Frozen)

Counter picks -

*Being discussed*

You can make your own decisions about counterpicks if you desire.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
This might turn out to be for the best, who knows?
I've always wanted to really try out brawl+ seriously.
Dude, its so much fun, every character is being balanced, the game has hitstun, momentum...THIS IS NOT MELEE 2.0 please understand that people.

Milln

Smash Champion
KO and I are probably against Wario Ware due to the fact that our mains (Ganondorf and Squirtle respectively) **** too hard on that stage.

Not knocking your ruleset, i'm just setting the stage for "it'll prolly be not legal"

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
KO and I are probably against Wario Ware due to the fact that our mains (Ganondorf and Squirtle respectively) **** too hard on that stage.

Not knocking your ruleset, i'm just setting the stage for "it'll prolly be not legal"
Im not really against adjustments, that sounds fine as a counterpick.

*edit* actually, thats probably a better idea.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im not really against adjustments, that sounds fine as a counterpick.

*edit* actually, thats probably a better idea.
yeah i dont want to ban it cause its a decent stage but im kinda against it being a Neutral. but other than that im totally for that ruleset

on another note i would like to have atleast 8-10 wii's with Homebrew channel. Bring TVs too or else we cant do vBrawl singles.

As for brawl+ doubles, yes we are doing Brawl+ doubles.
there will be no special character skins due to it being a problem with freezing the game at startup. we are just gonna use the competitive set.

oh and zeonstar what do you think about the online waiting stage? I think that its way to big.

oh also i updated the first page.

Rayku

Smash Lord
ZeonStar I've never met you, and people keep talking you up like you're top tier.
I really want to meet you, and I don't think you live too far off from me.

I would also be interested in learning Ganondorf in Brawl+, if I ever play that mess of a game. You could probably teach me some basics of it. I "main" Ganondorf in Melee, so that's the appeal.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Ok KO

So like I'm willing to make a proposition right now. If vBrawl isn't really your priority anymore, would you be willing to take a month as a test.

By this I mean take one month in the future to unban MK.

As long as you're tourney host it's still up to you, but if you'll actually consider this, I have a little wager we could discuss.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
PoopofS*** is too srs.

KO i have priority johns. Tornado>priority>Marth.

Give me free cash = money 4 next tourney.

I will be there Dec 3, 2009.

srs.

No, I am not drunk, just happy to see you.

ifmillnreadsthis, lolucario.

midnight is ftw

do not give me that look. i will SS your wombo ***.

Kain = CF.

Stop johning mac_that.

If kismet is ****, it's a no go.

1. stop lolzing.
2. not high either
3. gis me cookie monster.

shank you, yummy, macados.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Ok KO

So like I'm willing to make a proposition right now. If vBrawl isn't really your priority anymore, would you be willing to take a month as a test.

By this I mean take one month in the future to unban MK.

As long as you're tourney host it's still up to you, but if you'll actually consider this, I have a little wager we could discuss.
honestly after playing Brawl+ tonight i could care less about vBrawl. its garbage. If the TN community wants to unban him then so be it. but dont expect me to play in a vBrawl tourney. terrible game.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
honestly after playing Brawl+ tonight i could care less about vBrawl. its garbage. If the TN community wants to unban him then so be it. but dont expect me to play in a vBrawl tourney. terrible game.
Props mah boi, and as for the online waiting stage, im still up in the air about that stage, honestly its just about the same as FD, and im not sure if its just me, but the camera seems to be really wonky on that stage.

So yeah, im not sure if it should be considered in the tournament honestly, at least not yet. As for custom skins on characters, dude, everyone has been using their own custom character skins and stage skins in tournaments, ive never heard of it freezing on startup because of a certain skin, unless you have a messed up file, or you know something I dont.

Top Bottom