• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multishine: an extensive guide -updated 8/13/10

Metà

Smash Master
I found only one significant problem with your guide. All of your numbers are WITHOUT hitlag. Hitlag adds 4 frames to your shine (pretty sure it's the same for hitting shields as well, just 4 frames). This can be a problem if you get your finger to the jump button too quickly, but that's not very likely to happen while doing multishines. It's more significant when waveshining, but whatever. Good guide otherwise

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the reason why sometimes I fail multishines on shields and I ALWAYS fail waveshines >_<
I've spent too much time learning the timing for multishines and waveshines without hitlag x(

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Is it possible to do this with the x button as your jump or do you have to learn it with y. What im asking is can a falco pillar and JC shine with x and have no problems. I assume you just need faster fingers than if i were using y

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
dude, you've asked this in another thread and already gotten the answer. -_-

You can do anything you could pressing y by pressing x instead, it's just physically inconvenient sometimes, but the buttons literally do the exact same thing as far as the game is concerned.

wombo

Smash Cadet
omg i did this for the first time today against my roommate and didn't even know what i did but it's still so kool

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I did really????? Im sry then my bad ok kool well now i no
They even have a thread made by mogwai that got locked after 3 post saying that using x or y makes no difference lol.

Im gonna say that you have to use up on the control stick and thats the only way its gonna work

JustinOkay

Smash Rookie
I can multishine w/ fox 3x while on the ground but 0 times with my falco. I normally use Down B>Up>Down B>UP

Also i can Waveshine w/ my fox but not with my falco. Falco's waveshine seems shorter and less useful. O.o

Whenever i use it for falco it doesnt work for me. I can jc shine 2x using Down B>X but the finger placement and my timing is a bit awkward so it doeasnt work in my favor.

Anyone have any tips?

JustinOkay

Smash Rookie
When i jc shine with fox i just simply use Down B -> Up -> Down B -> Up -> down B -> etc
When i jc shine with falco i have to use Down B -> X -> Down B -> X -> down B ->etc

When i use the fox method for falco it doesnt as smoothly. Why? idk

I also hate waveshining with falco, his wd has small range.

DRD

Smash Lord
Well, as mogwai said, falco's jump animation needs 2 more frames than fox's to get airborne.

Your method for fox won't work for falco because of this frame difference. You have to use x because the jump from Shine to x naturally takes longer than Shine to up, and this makes up for the 2 frame difference.

Accomplished falco main needed for clarification

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you don't need to change the buttons, you just need to be aware of the timing difference and adjust accordingly.
Either method works. Sometimes young warriors have great talents and can do things without knowing why.

using X seems to auto correct the frame difference problem to a degree because of the laws of the physical realm.

so just go with the flow lol

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
so can the control stick always be pointing down during this or does it have to go back to the middle? i do it claw its a little bit easir for those who arent born with those fast hands,

thanks for the insight i just picked up fox last week and i can do about 5 jc shines

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i always have to use Y2B with fox, and X2B with falco lol. i go at the same speed, but the buttons are spaced differently so i move my fingers at the same speed. i can get over 10 on a good day.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I use to be able to do more but then I got better and faster fingers so with falco I cant seem to get over 4-5. butreally i only wanny consistently be able to triple shine just for the hell of it. I double shine often and have a sorta flashy falco.

soap

Smash Hero
i use y for fox and falco

i mean, u have to know different timings for their wavedashes, whats so hard about having 2 timings for your shines

Overload

Smash Lord
This definitely clears things up. I used to think people shined in place so frequently by shining, then jumping and air dodging into the ground and shining again. . .

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
well yeah you can shine then wavedash in place, then shine again, but its not as fast as the jc

luno

Smash Rookie
noob here. whats really the difference between a jc shine and a shine-cancel?

in a jc shine, you're canceling the lag of the shine by jumping.
in the shine-cancel, aren't you doing the same thing?

i can multishine and pillar, as well, so the technique's names are what's not making sense to me.

other stupid question: a waveshine is a wavedash out of a jc shine, right?

thanks if anyone answers this, this is my first post here, i've only been playing smash with AT's for about a month. i hope to get HELLA GOOD, and hello everyone

noob here. whats really the difference between a jc shine and a shine-cancel?

in a jc shine, you're canceling the lag of the shine by jumping.
in the shine-cancel, aren't you doing the same thing?

i can multishine and pillar, as well, so the technique's names are what's not making sense to me.

other stupid question: a waveshine is a wavedash out of a jc shine, right?

thanks if anyone answers this, this is my first post here, i've only been playing smash with AT's for about a month. i hope to get HELLA GOOD, and hello everyone
Sup.

yes to both (not sure about "shine cancels" though, never heard it used)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You cancel your shine lag with a jump. Thats called a jump cancel shine. Its the same thing as the non existent shine cancels. Ppl just got lazy and excluded the word jump.

and yea just wavedash outta shine for waveshinning.

Cross.

Smash Ace
hey guys new guy here and after pretty much learning how to do almost everything with falco Im stuck on waveshining backwards. like, I always turn around in the shine instead of waveshining backwards and I dont know why, as Im doing it the exact same way as I do the forward one. Any advice/tips? could it be Im not Jcing fast enough?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
hey guys new guy here and after pretty much learning how to do almost everything with falco Im stuck on waveshining backwards. like, I always turn around in the shine instead of waveshining backwards and I dont know why, as Im doing it the exact same way as I do the forward one. Any advice/tips? could it be Im not Jcing fast enough?
You are hitting back too early. If you are in a shine you can turn around. You need to make sure that you hit jump before you hit back to wavedash.

Its just a timing issue. Practice it and you should be good.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
I want to practice this tech. I have a question though. If I want to do a Bair or a Dair or any aerial after the JC Shine I have to Shine then jump immediately then press the C-stick in the direction I want? Or is there something else I have to do? I wanna master this so I could JC Shine to Bair like DaShizWiz, its just so flashy. :D
Please respond.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yes. All you have to do is shine>jump>aerial.

You can do it with any button presses that allow do those moves.

I shine and hit up on the control stick and then my aerial on the c stick. I move both sticks almost at the same time for a faser shine aerial.

You can also turn around while in the shine so that you can choose which direction you want to aerial.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Fox is very hard to waveshine i can do it but not consistently lol

If you wanna shine to bair like DaShizWiz does then yes use the technique KAOSTAR said that's the same one i use.

It looks so good :p

Top Bottom