• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

NTA

Smash Lord
Saw The Devil Inside yesterday. I thought it was pretty good until the ending. Felt like it ended too soon. Planning on watching Avengers and 21 Jump Street sometime soon

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm going to watch The Avengers for my birthday this coming Tuesday. I'm hoping it will live up to the hype. My only real gripe, and forgive me if it's too insignificant, is Edward Norton not reprising his role as Bruce/Hulk. I dunno about you guys, but recasting always bother the hell out of me. Though I suppose it's nowhere near as bad as what Mortal Kombat: Annihilation did, no?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I haven't seen it yet. I was under the impression it was a parody/homage of killer thrillers in general

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Holy ****ing ****, Cabin in the Woods is the best "horror" film I've ever seen. What a fun experience...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I watched Cabin in the Woods the other day. It was alright. I thought the idea of it was cool and original. But it wasnt scary or anything you'd expect it to be like based on the trailer. Completely different.

:phone:
Cabin in the Woods is apparently a satire on modern horror films and the trailer was just made to pull in main stream audiences. I want to see it just to see if it actually does expose horror films or just uses a large amount of cliches and says "but we meant to do this."

Anyways, I'll be walknig out The Avengers in 12 hours with a group of people and so far besides the stellar reviews, hearing personal opinions from people who went to the midnight release it's apparently 5 times better than what the reviewers say it is. I have faith in Mr. Whedon and I'm quite hopeful.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Saw the avengers, and its amazing. Everything one could hope for in an avengers movie. My brother thought it started off a little slow which i am not sure i agree with but he agreed it was necessary as a way to get everyone together and set up the plot. Talking about everyone together all the actors/characters somehow fit together perfectly despite how odd it would seem to have all these different outrageous characters meet up and make sense. Lastly the best hulk yet. I want to go on more but i also want to avoid spoilers. I will just say again the movie was great did not disappoint at all

Edit: also loki is incredibly done

Mike2

Smash Ace
Probably gonna try and see The Avengers this weekend

And Mike2, that is one bomb *** trailer for TDKR
The best part is that it's one of the trailers before avengers!

As for the avengers, honestly I wasn't wow'd at any point. but I did enjoy it a lot. It was solid and I might end up watching it again.
Nothing touches the top 3 superhero movies still for me: IM1 and 2 nolan batmans

Mike2

Smash Ace
I dont get too hyped of the trailer. But that might be because I compare it to the dark night. Which is kind of unfair.
yea the first tdk trailer was legendary. nothing can top it. but honestly it's because of the first two movies im so hyped for this. batman has been nothing but unstoppable thus far. just the concept of the batman in nolan's universe finally being stopped and him being on the other side of a beating is very interesting. makes me really want to see this movie.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I get sad that this thread is only active when there's a comic book movie out or coming out.

oh well, i shouldn't expect more, i'm on a smash bros forum
lol, the days of arguing about Ebert. First thing I remember posting in this thread lol

anyway, since these last few days, I've decided Joss Whedon needs to have my babies

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If the Avengers was not the best superhero movie I've ever seen, it came damn close. At the very least it was the most badass.

I get sad that this thread is only active when there's a comic book movie out or coming out.
I don't even have a modicum of shame.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
To fellow viewers of Avengers: "I am a god, you dull creature! And I will not be bullied by-..." BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! ;)

Peeze

Smash Master
That scene was hilarious.
Also after
Hulk and Thor beat up one of those giant worm things, and they're standing on the dead carcass. And hulk out of nowhere punches Thor.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
By the time this happened, everyone at the movie theater applauded loudly. I joined in because it was just too good.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
not sure why I'm even posting this in here (it's going to get ignored in lieu of comic book movie or sci-fi action movie talk) but Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love) let out a small teaser of his new film The Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZDKFoCqAw

I've watched it like 15 times today alone. PTA is by far my favorite filmmaker and even in this small clip, Joaquin Phoenix absolutely floors me with his performance. I have no idea what the movie is really about but I'm sold anyways. I have a feeling this is going to be one to remember in years to come.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
oh jesus have you been waiting for someone to mention There Will Be Blood? I used to have a shirt that said "I drink your milkshake" lol

I can see what you mean about Joaquin though. That face of his... fuuu
I hope this does justice for all the ******* that think he actually left film for hip-hop lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
wasn't thinking of TWBB specifically, just more artistic and unique movies than Avengers and ****, lol. I mean I understand we're on a smash bros site and all, so it's understandable that most people here are more interested in things going boom and ha ha my comic book character said a funny.

did you ever see the mockumentary about Joaquin's "rap career" ( I think it's called I'm Still Here)? It's kind of interesting to watch even when you know the whole thing is fake. I still don't know why he wasted 4 or 5 years of his career doing it but it's kinda interesting and shows off that he is a super talented actor.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I didn't, no. I remember first seeing what was going on when he went on Letterman in-character, chewing gum the whole time and all that lol. I was like "there's no way he's really bat**** crazy" and then I saw a trailer. I'll check it out next time I sit down for a 'movie night of solitude' like I do with other prime cuts (like twbb)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Do not watch Prometheus. I'll just copy paste this from the Disco Room:

So I just watched Prometheus

And OMG do not watch this film. I was so close to just getting up and walking out the cinema, I've never felt like that before when I'm at the movies, and if I wasn't with 2 mates I think I would've. Heck one guy in the cinema did walk out and I don't blame him.

I love the first two Alien movies and I hated the next two. I love Lost so much that I'm pretty much a Trekkie version of a fan to it (a Lostie?) so I was so excited that Damon Lindelof was working on this too, but my god was I so let down by this film. No coherrent plot, incredibly slow pacing, random moments pierced by stupid character reactions, no character development, plot holes, no tension or horror or anything.

I wasn't the only one that hated it, instead of the usual chatter after the film finished I overheard peoples conversations, the general consensus seemed to be it was "nonsense". Theron and Fassbender were probably the only good part of the film but he got far too much attention, arguably more than the main character herself.

Save your money or go watch Avengers.

Top Bottom