• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I want to see Safe House when it comes out! Ryan Reynold's is good and all, but in my opinion, Denzel Washington is one of the best actors to this day.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
please let me know how that is.
I don't expect it to be good, just wondering if its a fun watch.
I just watched chronicle tonight. It's an amazing movie. But has a very intense, dramatic, shocking, and saddening plot.
It's no action movie at all. It's just insane and just strikes to the heart.

It's something you should be aware of if you actually had powers like these. They can really control over you.

Watch the movie to see what I mean. I highly recommend it.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc&feature=g-logo&context=G29232beFOAAAAAAAAAA

I don't even know what the hell I'm supposed to expect from this. There doesn't seem to be any depth whatsoever lol. At least I think I can expect some funny Nazi-related one-liners
Wow. At first I...I wanted to strangle someone. Then I noticed they weren't taking themselves too seriously and thought it was hilarious. Now I just think it's a waste of budget.

The idea of Nazis on the moon waiting to start WW3 though, that's interesting. A surprise for Gingrich I suppose.

guapo

Smash Apprentice
Wow. At first I...I wanted to strangle someone. Then I noticed they weren't taking themselves too seriously and thought it was hilarious. Now I just think it's a waste of budget.

The idea of Nazis on the moon waiting to start WW3 though, that's interesting. A surprise for Gingrich I suppose.
i lol so hard at this classic

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
seriously. at first I was hoping it was just a trailer joke, but like... they have a whole site and everything

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So watching X2 again has made me realise that it is without a doubt the best superhero movie.

Someone could say The Dark Knight and that'd be ok, but if X2 wasn't their 2nd (or 3rd, Spiderman 2 is also good) then they have no taste.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
So watching X2 again has made me realise that it is without a doubt the best superhero movie.

Someone could say The Dark Knight and that'd be ok, but if X2 wasn't their 2nd (or 3rd, Spiderman 2 is also good) then they have no taste.
I really, really hope that despite your words, you wouldn't be surprised to have a lot of people disagree lol

Peeze

Smash Master
Saw Chronicle this weekend.
Spent the first half of the movie thinking "get on with it already!"
Spent the 2nd half of this movie thinking "This 'found footage' format is REALLY limiting the awesome potential of this movie."
Despite its ever present and obvious flaws, i thoroughly enjoyed it, very fresh. 7/10

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
...would I be able to consider Flash Gordon a super hero?

I ****in love Flash Gordon

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Spiderman 2 is good but the plot in X2 is better.

It's tightly paced and better written, whereas Spiderman 2 has him randomly losing his powers and a nuclear reactor in the middle of Manhattan.

It's still a good film though, as that's quite nitpicky, and you'd have to be even more nitpicky for TDK.

Staz

Smash Lord
Over the weekend, I watched the vow. My favorite part about the movie is that Alan grant from Jurassic park was the dad that everybody hates.

:phone:

NTA

Smash Lord
Watched Paranormal Activity 2 and 3 in the past 2 weeks. I actually liked them. I actually umped a few while I was watching it. Don't get that too often. I lol'd so hard when the guy in front of the tv got his neck snapped.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion

why

I mean I realize it'll just be everyone's inner angsty-teen getting off, but there doesn't seem to be much missing from the trailer considering it's pretty much all the same ****, so if the trailer entertained me I'm way down to see the whole thing

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
oh, well in that case i guess go ahead and see it haha

i mean, it's just kinda like picking the low hanging fruit. the whooole movie is kinda like "Person does something that the main character finds annoying and ignorant, so he shoots them." it's just creepy and exploitative and not well made or funny enough to justify its sociopathic and psychopathic plot. plus it's just not clever. it doesn't really make any sort of statement or satire of society and any kind of message it tried to deliver was delivered in total boneheadedness.

but I dunno, my buddy found it funny. he has horrible taste, so there's that. but also, funny is funny. you might find it funny. it's just not my style I guess.

you should watch Bobcat Goldwaith's (the director) earlier movie, World's Greatest Dad. I thought that was pretty good and funny!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'd take another Immortals movie over a Titans one. The only thing I thought going good for (Clash of the) Titans was the combo of Liam and Ralph in a movie together again. Maybe if we stop taking things from Liam, he'll stop his wrath before the movie comes out? Who knows.

Recently I finally watched the American version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Holy moly! Incredible. Very impressed with everything, certainly hope they get come Oscar's this weekend.

I'm SO excited for Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, all the super hero movies! Going to be a great summer!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Friday and the weekend. Firkin YES.

The Lorax, Project X, and The Avengers. All in one day/night.

THIS IS GOING TO BE BLOODY GOOD.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
oh, well in that case i guess go ahead and see it haha

i mean, it's just kinda like picking the low hanging fruit. the whooole movie is kinda like "Person does something that the main character finds annoying and ignorant, so he shoots them." it's just creepy and exploitative and not well made or funny enough to justify its sociopathic and psychopathic plot. plus it's just not clever. it doesn't really make any sort of statement or satire of society and any kind of message it tried to deliver was delivered in total boneheadedness.

but I dunno, my buddy found it funny. he has horrible taste, so there's that. but also, funny is funny. you might find it funny. it's just not my style I guess.

you should watch Bobcat Goldwaith's (the director) earlier movie, World's Greatest Dad. I thought that was pretty good and funny!
That's how Hobo with a Shotgun was (exploitation film), but I absolutely loved.

Anybody else watch exploitation films just for how hilarious they can be?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Spent the 2nd half of this movie thinking "This 'found footage' format is REALLY limiting the awesome potential of this movie."
It was the decision of the director, but I would have enjoyed Chronicle thoroughly more if it wasn't for incorporating the found-footage style. Most of the scenes don't necessitate it (the ones that do can be pretty easily altered or cut without excluding anything too important) and it seems kinda shoehorned. It's almost like they decided to use the format without really considering how the movie would benefit from it.

And after seeing the recent trailer I've concluded that the Avengers is going to be one of the best superhero movies of all time. Calling it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
never call a movie's quality on its trailer!

a trailer is its own, almost separate artform than movies. it's easy to make an incredible and exciting trailer from a terrible boring movie, and it's just as easy to make a terrible and unattractive trailer for a film that is amazing

Yoshi

Smash Lord
^ True statement, it also sucks when certain parts of a trailer you want to see in the movie, get cut.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just finished watching the Lorax a few hours ago and just posted a little concern.
I hope you guys don't mind about it.

I saw it in 3D too. And yeah, I mean it was good, but it's not how I expected it to be.

I loved the Lorax when I first read it and watched the short film. I knew how it went.
It's just that there was more parts to it that makes the boy look like the real protagonist instread of the once-ler and the Lorax. They changed the story from a boy that meets the once-ler to hear his story and retrieve the last truffula tree seed from him in order to make the world better, into A boy that meets the once-ler and is needy for the seed in order to impress a high school girl and then makes a change, in which, the rest of the story is completely pointless. Also, why in the world would they even add in music? It's just completely irrational from them. One the songs even fast paced the whole story that the once-ler was telling about, leading to some unintense, unfunny, chase scenes, and then leading to another song that says to "let it grow". Last but not least, an antagonist? Is that even necessary for him to be the villain just so he can be rich by selling air without even thinking that the rest of the people AND himself would surely die from the lack of oxygen? Actually, is he even necessary to be in the movie at all? In conclusion, the whole movie is like a message board. You read it and it says, "THIS IS AN ENVIROMENTAL MESSAGE. KEEP OUR PLANET GREEN."

After the movie, I have mostly seen people become mildly upset about the plot and settings in the animated film. I would be too, but no matter; If it's a movie, it's a movie.

So next week, I'll be watching both Project X and The avengers with my friends.
And not to mention that ice age: continental drift, and Dispicable Me 2 is coming out real soon, which makes me hyped.
But, there are just too many good movies to watch. But I'm sure as hell that I'm watching the dark knight rises and the amazing spiderman.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow saw the trailer for John Carter and thought it looked terrible and gonna flop.

But it's getting better then I expected reviews. The hype for the movie is still pretty bad though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
yeah a trailer is meant to generate immediate appeal. It's like makeup. While it's sometimes done gracefully, its purpose is to just get you in bed lol

it's kind of a conundrum now that I think about it: one ought to suspect a trailer of a certain degree of deception, but one also doesn't have much choice when learning what to expect.

Top Bottom