• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

Peeze

Smash Master
Saw in time yesterday(the justin timberlake movie) and i really enjoyed it actually. Even though most people canned it, its exactly what i thought it was(reference?): a pointless science fiction/action movie to give cheap thrills.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just watched Attack the Block, a movie that was seriously hyped at SxSW that I was dieing to see but forgot about until now. It's ****ing great, probably the best alien invasion movie I've seen and leads me too believe that the Brits know what they're doing and Hollywood just wants money.

Movies like Battle Los Angeles and Skyline make me cringe but this movie was really interesting. It's from a part of what I call the Edgar Wright group, Edgar Wright has made some of my favorite movies but while him and Simon Pegg were the front runners of that group, this movie was made by Nick Frost and Joe Cornish who don't do as much writing as the other two.

It was just plain fun to watch, subtle with it's humour and some really interesting moments. Even if I saw every twist from a mile away the script was still solid and the action wasn't over the top like the other alien movies I've mentioned that have come out in recent years. Don't want to spoil anything but the aliens themselves were really interesting in design and function and it was more brains vs. brawn than fire power vs. advanced alien technology which I liked. Also a few lines made me laugh out loud for real, like when the hoodlums of the block pile into a flat and close the door while an alien tries to knock it down and a white women looks at them and says I want no part in your gang violence and one of the kids replies "this has got nothing to do with gangs! or drugs or hip hop lyrics or violence in video games. "

Definitely a fun watch coming from a guy who hates action movies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So can anyone explain where all the hate for the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies comes from? I'm not seeing why these get more hate than Avatar.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The Hunger Games was incredibly intense.

Screw people bashing it by saying it's like twilight, this movie is solely based directly on the goddamn book and it's good.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Has anyone seen John Carter yet? i dnt wanna waste time on it if it blows.
ive seen it. its like the worst cliche story ever, but im guessing thats not why you gonna watch it. The effects and action is really cool, so I enjoyed it for what its worth.

Olikus

Smash Champion
ive seen it. ill guess the most people in this thread has seen it too. great movie. I love the look on willis in the movie. its just perfect for the role.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Saw the trailer for 21 jump, thought it was gonna be terrible what with the odd couple cop duo thing. But my god one of the funniest movies ive ever seen. Friends and I were literally spanking the theatre chairs.

Pulp fiction. Still my favourite movie. The path of the righteous man <3

:phone:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I kind of like how Jonah Hill will forever be known as "Oscar Nominee", this who only a few years back was known as the fat kid in Superbad. He's a decent actor, and was hilarious in "Get him to the greek"

Olikus

Smash Champion
I kind of like how Jonah Hill will forever be known as "Oscar Nominee", this who only a few years back was known as the fat kid in Superbad. He's a decent actor, and was hilarious in "Get him to the greek"
I still think of him as the fat guy from superbad lol.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
... at least Smith is co-producing. Shyamalamadingdong is no more as far as I'm concerned

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I saw Hunger Games Saturday Night, and I wasn't even slightly impressed. The camera work was student film bad, the acting was best from Lenny Kravitz (which summarizes my thoughts), and the plot was weak. The only benefit is my wife now wants to read Battle Royale.

Has anyone seen John Carter yet? i dnt wanna waste time on it if it blows.
It is the biggest box office bomb in history. I have heard really good things about it, but it just didn't work out.

Also, Michael Bay continues to **** my childhood:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/michael-bay-confirms-new-tmnt-film-simply-called-ninja-turtles/

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It is the biggest box office bomb in history. I have heard really good things about it, but it just didn't work out.
I highly doubt that. Adjust Pluto Nash's budget so it's equivalent, and John carter earned more that 200 Million more.

Iirc, John carter only lost 15 million. Nowhere near close.

I'm honestly not surprised. He was going to reach this low at some point.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Went and saw Hunger Games, had high expectations and ended up kinda disappointed.

It just wasn't as thrilling as I pictured it reading the book. Also the PG13 rating, less of everything and more shaky camera. I understand they dont want to alienate the younger audience but the movie wouldve benefited with a more mature rating, kinda like the last few Harry Potter films.

Didn't walk out satisfied :p less hope the next one is better

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^I'm thinking of just going for the books rather than the movies.

Just saw 21 Jump Street. Hilarious and Michael Bacall(writer of Scott Pilgrim) knows how to use nostalgia and do cameos.

Peeze

Smash Master
Went and saw Hunger Games, had high expectations and ended up kinda disappointed.

It just wasn't as thrilling as I pictured it reading the book. Also the PG13 rating, less of everything and more shaky camera. I understand they dont want to alienate the younger audience but the movie wouldve benefited with a more mature rating, kinda like the last few Harry Potter films.

Didn't walk out satisfied :p less hope the next one is better
I agree on all, except shaky cam. Unless your saying get rid of the shaky cam. That was very annoying. I left with a headache. I half expected credits to show Michael J Fox as camera operator

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
That's in poor taste, just because he's damn awesome. But I'll let it slide because he appeared in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm centered around making fun of him and his parkinsons.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm honestly really worried about TDKR, mostly because I'm really not sure if Anne Hathaway can pull it off as Catwoman, and also, the whole threequel stigma

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I dunno, I find third iterations are usually not bad

that's an entirely irrelevant thing to say...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm just hoping it doesn't become another Spider-Man 3. But then again, there's a LOT TDKR is gonna have to do to be that bad lol

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I recently saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and I thought it was really, really good. The only thing I didn't like was that it took a bit to actually get going and I was confused for about the first quarter of the movie. Though, it was easy to follow once
the two main characters met and started working on the case together, I wasn't really sure what Lisbeth had to do with the movie until then
. I really liked Lisbeth's personality through the movie, thought she was a good character. Good movie overall.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Finally went out and saw The Hunger Games, I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Really, I thought overall, it was a good movie. There were a few times where it kind of dragged on a bit, but once it got to them actually entering the arena, it started to pick up and become much more interesting. One thing that kind of confused me a bit, was
why did Peeta band together with the other 4 in the beginning to help them hunt Katniss? I'd assume just because it's every person for themselves; but I thought it was just kind of odd that he would help the others right away, then turn around and tell her to run away after the wasps attacked.
That's really the only thing that was kinda weird to me, but everything else was nice.

Top Bottom