• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most difficult game you've ever beaten and most difficult played

Onxy

Smash Lord
And no, it can't be a game plagued with technical issues, lol. The hardest I've ever beaten was probably Actraiser 2, the hardest I've ever played was probably Haunted Castle (Castlevania game).

What's Yours?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ninja Gaiden 2 is the hardest Ive ever beaten.Master Ninja mode is......UNGODLY!

The hardest Ive ever played and not beaten was Battletoads or until recently James Pond 3.(I beat it a few weeks ago on an emulator)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Zelda 2 was insanely hard. ._. I remember throwing out quite a few swear words while playing that game, lol. I actually never beat that game. xD I lost the Zelda GC Collection disk and I was pretty close to beating it. When it got lost, I didn't want to torture myself and go back through it.

I'm sure there's others. I try to drown out hard games from my memory. @.@

Actually, I think this game made me cry a few times, too. I was about 13 playing it. ><;

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Starcraft. It's not a game you beat, of course (unless you're talking about single player), but the multi-tasking is ridiculous. I can't break D+ on ICCup ><.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Topic for the Light House, dude. You can probably ask a mod to move it though.

I suppose Megaman 2 is the hardest game that I've finished. I'm not really sure. And the most difficult game I've ever played is Battletoads.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i cant think of games that were actually too hard.

Ikaruga was pretty hard but my friend and I conquered it, in time.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
I've got loads of ideas, dunno what to suggest.

Melee's event mode is pretty hard, I'd be shocked if someone has never failed an event in their life.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy for the NES is perhaps one of the few games that I found particularly difficult (and extremely long for it's time). I never was able to complete it because of how hard of a time I had with it.

Another extremely long game was Robotron 64 for the Nintendo 64. While looking back, it wasn't extremely difficult to beat, it was extremely tiring on your fingers because of how long the waves got and the sheer amount of enemies was just ridiculous.

TimeSplitters 2 feels impossible for me on Hard Mode (maybe because it's a console FPS, and I prefer PC FPS like Unreal Tournament). It took precise shooting, conserving ammo, knowing what to look for, and patients (perhaps my greatest weakness).

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
There've been alot of difficult games for me, but the one that wiuld be the most difficult would be Fire Emblem. Restarting an entire session after one of your teammates dies is not fun.:mad:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy for the NES is perhaps one of the few games that I found particularly difficult (and extremely long for it's time). I never was able to complete it because of how hard of a time I had with it.
I remember that game!

It took me ages to get by the last castle level.Because of 1 stupidly hard jump.

Also Guitar hero 3 was very difficult.Beating the last boss and Dragonforce on Expert(Until I became awesome at it.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
All of pokemon stadium 2 :( little cups and prime cups and everything.

I remember beating the last trainer in the Prime Cup after using 6 of my continues that I earned from beating 6 of the 7 previous trainers without losing a Pokemon. The last guy was that hard. I remember my last Pokemon was a leech seeded, paralyzed Mewtwo with 3 HP that defeated the last trainer's Celebi with a not very effective move. If I missed or got fully paralyzed, I would've lost... I had a HUGE celebration after that.

I was like 13 or 14 years old.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
IWBTG or Battletoads

Other than that I can't think of any RIDICULOUSLY hard games I've beaten....

(I've never beaten those 2 before)

OH AND SPELUNKY <3 (Haven't beat)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
super kaizo world is insane. hardest non-legit game ive ever played.

but legit games, f-zero gx, ninja gaiden, battletoads, and ikaruga are very difficult. at one point i had most of the ax racers but that data got corrupted :cry:

hardest i've beaten are probably alladin on the genesis, gunstar heroes on extreme (bullet ****ing hell) and astro boy omega factor on hard.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Batman Returns for SNES was the hardest game I ever beat. Catwoman is a pain and Batman has to fight her twice. The Penguin has so much life at the end of the game it's ridiculous. I remember when I beat the game I was on my last life and a full health bar and so was the Penguin. Luckily I took him down in the final lifebar because I had only a few hits left. The duck thing Batman has to fight was hard also.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Hardest Beaten (and without help from guides/faqs/cheats) would be Star Wars for NES. Hair pulling gut wrenching eye ball popping hard.

Hardest Beaten (WITH help from a FAQ cause w/o it's pretty much impossible lol) would be Deadly Towers for NES. w/o the FAQ I was just aimlessly wandering around with no hope of ever getting anywhere, but w/the FAQ I beat it in about 20 minutes.

Hardest Played (without cheating and not beaten) would have to be Resident Evil: Code Veronica on PS2. After 3 tries I still ended up running out of ammo about half way through so I gave up. Later I'd get Code Veronica X for GC, used the infinite ammo cheat, and beat it heartily. Technically this is the only RE game I -have- to use an ammo code to beat, the rest I can handle normally. Darn hard game!

Hardest Played (while cheating and still couldn't beat it) would be Ghosts -n- Goblins. Even with an infinite lives cheat I couldn't very far at all in it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The most difficult game Ive ever played was E.T. **** that game sucked. And it took me billlions of tries to get the pieces for the phone. But I did it and I beat it. Hallelujah!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
When I was younger I used to play lots of difficult games, but I can't remember them all now.

I remember there was Battletoads on the SNES with this ridiculous bike level. I played that level with my sister for at least 20 hours (yes, we were THAT hell-bent on finishing it) and we finished that bike level once. Unfortunately neither of us remember what the next level looked like and died pretty quickly in it. We still laugh about that now.

There was a cool game on the PC called Sleepwalker. You basically had to protect this kid while he sleepwalked around. I was 4 years old at the time but I remember that being super hard.

The hardest game I probably completed was the original Duke Nukem on PC. I was 4ish years old and found parts of the game too scary, but somehow beat it :laugh:. I was so proud of myself lol.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
The hardest game I ever played was probably either The Adventure of Link or the original Ninja Gaiden.

I still have yet to beat either game, and I doubt I ever will.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I didn't have the time and patience for IWBTG but it definitely tries to be the most hard/annoying...

Mega Man X games, hard? Really? I guess cause I grew up on them I never really thought of them as "hard" once I became able to think. The MMZero games were annoyingly difficult.

****in' Pokemon Stadium with only rental pokemon is brutal. CPU used Blizzard 6 times in a row and never misses! 4 critical hits! your frozen solid! ****ing stupid.

Getting all the weapons in some of these Dynasty/Samurai warriors game has been a royal pain in the *** to do all by yourself. Not the hardest thing ever but certainly pretty hard. I wish I could remember some of the tough ones but it's been a while...

Any NES/SNES beat em' up, I can't play those games for ****. I can also agree on Zelda 2 being hard. Castlevanias don't agree with me either. all I can think of at the moment.

Top Bottom