• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most difficult game you've ever beaten and most difficult played

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The original Castlevania. I don't know maybe I found it hard because I was playing this as I was younger, but if other people think it's hard too I'm not alone then.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Mega Man X games, hard? Really? I guess cause I grew up on them I never really thought of them as "hard" once I became able to think. The MMZero games were annoyingly difficult.
The opposite for me, MMzeroes were easier than the MMX series imo.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Mine is Hero Klungo Sssaves Teh World. God I wasted so many hours on that. Not even funny >_>

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sonic 2 for the GAMEGEAR.

I'm an excellent gamer and I'm still frustrated trying to beat the first boss.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The original Blinx, for the Xbox. Quite possibly among, if not the hardest game I have ever played. I've never even managed the second-last boss without cheats. And even if I got lucky and did manage to beat him, the final boss takes the previous four bosses and makes you fight them all over!

For the one that was not beaten, I very faintly remember (since it was years and years ago) a game where you controlled a small person, and had to race to one end of alternating black and white giant cubes which fell off one side and reappeared on the other. Occasionally a fluorescent green block would appear too... but I've forgotten what that did.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Ok....

In Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2...the part where you have to beat Hirudegarn with Great Saiyaman and Videl. Let me tell you god****it, i could not beat that part for anything in the world! I was SO MOTHER ****ING PISSED OFF AT THAT PART BECAUSE I COULDN'T BEAT THAT BIG *** PIECE OF **** HIRUDEGARN! I eventually beat him. I bought my Wii the midnight it was released. There was a melee tourney at the local Game Crazy, and at midnight, they sold the wii's. And i bought Tenkaichi 2. And i ALMOST traded that **** back in the next day JUST BECAUSE i couldn't beat Hirudegarn. My friend called me while i was playing that part...and the only words i could say while i was on the phone were, "****", "****", "god****it", "son of a *****", etc, etc, etc.

Yeah i've never been so pissed off at a game like i was at Tenkaichi 2.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I've beaten a lot of hard games but I think Castlevania 3 is harder than any of the ones I've beaten.
Seriously, that game gets very evil at the later levels when it comes to difficulty.

Also, I'm surpised at the lack of mention for the NES Ninja Gaiden games. I've beaten all 6 of the NES Mega Mans and I think that Ninja Gaiden is harder than all of them. I'm sill having trouble in stage 6-2 of Ninja Gaiden.

Splice

Smash Hero
I have to agree with one of the first few posts, Starcraft. It's probably the game i'm best at, but i still lose the most in it anyway xP

Campaign wise, though, Ninja Gaiden, early Sonic games where if you lose all your lives you start from the start >:(

My friend who doesn't have an account says : Paperboy and Ghouls and Ghosts.

G U R U

Smash Lord
For me not beating a game it's either super ghosts and goblins on the snes and Zelda 2. I haven't even got half way through SGNG cus I always ragequit. I have gotten to the last castle on Zelda 2 but you have to go collect all the extra lives if you even want to stand a chance and I had used them all already. Might try again some day to beat it tho. I still find it fun compared to SGNG which is just aggravating lol.

Hardest one I actually beat off the top of my head is probably Super Mario RPG. I'm sure there's harder ones ones then that I just can't remember them.

D

Deleted member

For ****s sake, it had to be Blaster Master. I got this game way back when I was 9 or something, and I didn't beat it for a good two decades. Eventually, I learned the grenade throwing trick, and cruised through the bosses who'd tormented my childhood. Then came the crab. I found out the hard way that the crab is immune to the grenade trick. After many a long night, I bested the crab, and it was smooth sailing from there. You've got no idea what it's like to finally beat something after that long.

P.S. The hardest game I didn't finish was Glover.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Erm, If it was 3 games in a row with attempt of minimum death, then it would have to be Megaman 1,2,3 one after another in a day

D

Deleted member

Demon's Souls. I died falling more than I did by actual enemy attacks X_x
I was never able to complete NG+....

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Megaman 1-9, 10 is actually incredibly easy compared to all of the previous entries. I have to say that Mass Effect 2 on Insanity is nearly impossible, mainly because I am a ******* and decided to do the Kasumi DLC.....Donovan, I think that's his name, is nearly impossible on insanity, or it takes much more patience then I am willing to offer.

You would think that Resident Evil 5 would be hard on professional, I mean one hit incapacitates you and you bleed out in 2 seconds, but all you have to do is spam the Infinite Ammo RPG and you can beat it in 6-7 hours by mindlessly spamming rockets.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Megaman Extreme 2 is one of the hardest games I finished. Though probably didn't help my gbc buttons were worn out when I played it lol.

Hardest game ever played...I Want To Be The Guy.
Cloud...you're a brave..brave man.

Zone

Smash Champion
Bayonetta in hardest is pretty annoying, same with ninja gaiden 2. I also found ikaruga hard.

Btw I never beat those 3 on hardest I got kinda far but I got so frustrated I gave up.

Multiplayer wise, Starcraft broodwar.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Megaman x6 is the hardest I've beaten. It wasn't a good kind of hard though; the game design is so ****ty it makes it really hard. I don't recommend playing it.

Contra is the hardest I haven't beaten.

teva

Smash Cadet
Guitar hero, every single song (up until smash hits) on expert with 5* was quite hard, but i did it.

besides guitar hero, probably any NES/SNES game that didnt let you save at any point and you had to beat the whole game in one shot or that was it. I never had the patience for them =P

Top Bottom