• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Monthly] ADVENT IX presented by Next Level Lan

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wow this is actually looking pretty hype. Being consistent in Melee with no practice is hard but I'll see if I can get on this train :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Crew Battles are so fun. I hope someone can bring another recording setup to record them at this.

We will do a rematch of this battle with hbox this time:
WATO VS MCC

KeeLime

Smash Rookie
Me and my boy Peanut are most likely coming. As former Tampa residents, we'd like to be in the Tampa crew. We can bring one set up. Is anyone bringing MK9?

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i can't no longer take my care to the tournament. i was selling my car since 2 months ago, and a guy interested called yesterday. he watched it today, and he loved it. im gonna give it to him on saturday. i need to sell that car and is pretty hard to sell it. i need a car that wastes less gas. though i can go with some1 else if there's any1 willing to drive to orlando. but i won't have my care. i apologize because i never expected some1 to buy the car THIS weekend. selling it it's my priority.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Couple questions:

Anyone have an extra dazzle or other usb capture card? I have another laptop that is not being used that I can use for recording (i would also need the splitters/cables).

I might need two extra usb cameras if anyone could bring one.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Most likely coming to this. I can also bring a setup if people don't mind a TV with broken speakers.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Most likely coming to this. I can also bring a setup if people don't mind a TV with broken speakers.
We need it bro thank you

Who still needs a teammate? I play falco in teams.
Just seeing who is interested
I may end up teaming with action b, 3 rx or mooney depending on who's available later.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well its the usual waiitng game for me, was planning on teaming with vericz, but now he's planning on teaming with uuaa, but uuaa's just waiting to see who he's gonna team with, and christine asked me if i want to team, so yea, the usual jank where we wait to the last damn second.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Where you at, Spear? If it's not horribly out of my way, I might be able to get you to this event.
Just say the area or PM me if you're not comfortable sharing your address.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I think SFL still doesn't have housing

Keepspeedn, sheikssbm, project and smashmac all need a place to stay. With all the young single independent smashers near ucf, I would think this would be a simple task.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I can no longer bring a cube, a disk or a TV because I will not be present :'(

Thanks for letting me know

I WANT TO REITERATE
BE HERE BEFORE 12 PM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY DOUBLES I NEED TO START WITHIN 10 MINUTES OF 12 SO WE CAN KEEP ON SCHEDULE. WE HAVE A TON TO DO IN JUST ONE DAY SO I WONT DELAY IT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU.

Linguini

Smash Master
not sure how i'm even getting to orlando at this point. blea my phone doesn't work so post here if you really can't drive. because if so i'm going with ricky the masta.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am gonna attend this tomorrow. Will most likely be able to stay the whole time. So since I'm on that veteran list I only pay $5, right? Good deal! Will bring a cube and melee with me. And of course Plup :p

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
GG's guys, this was a really fun tournament! I want to come to more. I need to get more consistent.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yo. GGs to all who I played. It was a lot of fun - like gigs but with more setups lol. Makes me glad I found out about this at the last moment. Definitely gonna try to make it to more of these in the future.

Zoro

Smash Champion
So it begins once more

ADVENT II October 8th let's do this

I hope the same people who brough setups last time will do it for the next one.
20 setups was awesome, i'm sure everyone loved finishing 6 rounds of swiss, doubles, tie breaker bracket and amateur bracket before midnight. We started way late too because they opened the doors for us about an hour late.

I'll update the attendance list as i hear confirmations

Pengie

Smash Lord
YO whare the **** is the hype for this?!? It's two weeks away for ****'s sake; I wanna see everybody from the last Advent at this and more! We could break 50+ people at this sooooooooo easily!

Zoro

Smash Champion
YO whare the **** is the hype for this?!? It's two weeks away for ****'s sake; I wanna see everybody from the last Advent at this and more! We could break 50+ people at this sooooooooo easily!

The biggest draw for this series is people will get their moneys worth. Instead of min. 2 games for the standard 15 dollars, you can get a minimum of 8 tournament games for $11. So I hope people will still be hyped and willing to come even without any regular posting.

Nobody really goes on smashboards much anyway

btw we still need everyone who brought setups last time to bring them for the next one

Gonna make a new policy - Don't get wrecked for contributing policy

no swapping memory cards, melee discs, cables or anything.
People lost a lot of stuff at advent so if you don't have a full setup don't bring it. Put your name on everything. Take your memory card out after you load the data. If you want I can even tape your cubes shut so nobody opens them lol. Take your sensor bars out for your wiis. I don't want anybody else losing stuff! DGWFCP!

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely try to go there if I don't get called to do something work related. I've never drove to Orlando before but I doubt it'll be too difficult. I'm decent when it comes to navigation. I'm hype.

Top Bottom