• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Moneymatches/callouts/trashtalk thread from NY

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nah, because once people hear I got 50 from Zhime they won't mm my Zelda and I lose out on experience. You want in on this at all? If not I'll mm you with my Kirby or Zelda depending in who you go.
I'll play your Kirby vs. my Link for all the money in your pocket.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Nah, because once people hear I got 50 from Zhime they won't mm my Zelda and I lose out on experience. You want in on this at all? If not I'll mm you with my Kirby or Zelda depending in who you go.
Yea I want in lol.

I'll do like an infinite amount of money matches with you.

I'll use whoever. DK, Pit, ZSS, Wolf, Luigi, Mario, Kirby, Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco, Ness, DDD, Ganon, Falcon, Link, Mewtwo, Roy

$5 each character? $10 each? How much money could you use bro?

Rizner

Smash Ace
Yea I want in lol.

I'll do like an infinite amount of money matches with you.

I'll use whoever. DK, Pit, ZSS, Wolf, Luigi, Mario, Kirby, Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco, Ness, DDD, Ganon, Falcon, Link, Mewtwo, Roy

$5 each character? $10 each? How much money could you use bro?
Let's start with $5 kirby vs DK and $10 Zelda vs Ganon -- see where we go from there.

I'll play your Kirby vs. my Link for all the money in your pocket.
Hmm, I'll do $5 on this.

kirby dittos!! $1 for fun, rizzy
sounds good to me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No respect to any MM's under $20

just a SPECTATOR OPINION, but where I'm from we call that a friendly

This Eli guy knows what's up

GuruKid

Smash Ace
These guys having zero confidence. For shame!

Props to the Easton Smash crew from idunnowhere for agreeing to a $140 crew battle against our crew though. Love the confidence. Thanks for the donation. We gon' use that money for the strip club next door!

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
Dear Rizner,

I can't wait to take your money at APEX.
I'll even offer you the Triforce if you can beat me.

Much love, Keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom and benevolent ruler of Hyrule,

:zelda:Z~姫.

;)

Last edited:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I will GLADLY sidebet on that money match. Any takers???

Edit: I am open to sidebets on any of my crewmates' MM's as well. Bring em onnnnn

Oracle

Smash Master
We only have a handful of tx players and most of our top squad is absent so prob not. We'll see, maybe a 3v3 or something

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The hardest part about this character battle for me is deciding which characters are actually my 5 best

I'll let my crew decide for me

D

Deleted member

lmao that's gold. i used to tell m2k that i had the real triforce of wisdom when we played melee zelda vs sheik haha

Bryonato

Green Hat
Name your price!

And yo Oracle how bouts a NY vs TX crew battle??? Feeling lucky???
well like you (i'm guessing), i'll be betting on eli so

i'm already doing so many mm's against players that are better than me so i'll just do $1 lol.

jk you're all trash i'm gonna be rich.

Oracle

Smash Master
so texas maaaaaay be bringing a few extra members to round out our crew. we'll see, but tx vs ny might just happen

Jordan Kowalski

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm coming from canada, Gamertag's Yojimbo, here's all the characters I play that you can MM:
Melee: Fox, C.falcon, Link, DK, Roy, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Bowser
Project M: Fox, C.falcon, DK, Roy, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Bowser, Ness, the Squirt, Charzlord, Ike, and Wario

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm coming from canada, Gamertag's Yojimbo, here's all the characters I play that you can MM:
Melee: Fox, C.falcon, Link, DK, Roy, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Bowser
Project M: Fox, C.falcon, DK, Roy, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Bowser, Ness, the Squirt, Charzlord, Ike, and Wario
I'll MM every one of your PM characters. How much are you willing to wager?

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
So a total of 120$ on the table. Don't back out after the first set. 2/3 sets or 3/5?

Jordan Kowalski

Smash Rookie
So a total of 120$ on the table. Don't back out after the first set. 2/3 sets or 3/5?
we'll do 3 sets all best of 2/3 against your choice of one of my $20 characters first, a character of my choosing after, and then a normal counterpick for the 3rd. the rest would just be grudge matches ;]

Last edited:

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
we'll do 3 sets all best of 2/3 against your choice of one of my $20 characters first, a character of my choosing after, and then a normal counterpick for the 3rd. the rest would just be grudge matches ;]
So you mean just 60$ in MMs (3 best of 3 sets)? I don't care which characters you use. I'll go Mario or Pit depending on who I feel like using when the time comes.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Dear Rizner,

I can't wait to take your money at APEX.
I'll even offer you the Triforce if you can beat me.

Much love, Keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom and benevolent ruler of Hyrule,

:zelda:Z~姫.

;)
I can't wait to see you at Apex, I know you can win!
As a Zelda main: I always want to see a "brother" placing well at a tourney.

Being a pro, any good tips to a Zelda main, one that could make or break my game?
I know the teledash, I use the traps. I can land sweet-spotted fairs and bairs. All and all I'm a fairly good Zelda. I just need to have...something to reach pro level.

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to see you at Apex, I know you can win!
As a Zelda main: I always want to see a "brother" placing well at a tourney.

Being a pro, any good tips to a Zelda main, one that could make or break my game?
I know the teledash, I use the traps. I can land sweet-spotted fairs and bairs. All and all I'm a fairly good Zelda. I just need to have...something to reach pro level.
I cant wait to meet you =)

Feel free to private msg me, ill be more than happy to help ya out a bit. Im not on here often but when i check msgs ill be sure to respond <3

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I's LOVE to take all you guys' money.
Pardon my ignorance, but where is Apex being held?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I cant wait to meet you =)

Feel free to private msg me, ill be more than happy to help ya out a bit. Im not on here often but when i check msgs ill be sure to respond <3
Sadly I live on the west coast so, I can't come. I'm so sad. I'll watch you play though if they livestream it though.

Top Bottom