• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I believe the city is Davie. If im wrong, please someone correct me.

And keep in mind there's a 98% chance this will indeed take place one week from the titled date. I will update it when its official.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I believe the city is Davie. If im wrong, please someone correct me.

And keep in mind there's a 98% chance this will indeed take place one week from the titled date. I will update it when its official.
Davie or Davey. I never did figure out the correct spelling

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Yep, pretty sure it's Davie. So, most likely going to happen on the 24th?
No, there aren't any scheduled melee tournaments, but tons of brawl tournaments, so they go to the tournaments just for tournaments, not necessarily for the game.
In other words, a tool.

Lupo

Smash Cadet
Gah, I hope not. I'm going to Supercon in Weston then . ^_^"

So...Davie? Well, if Seibrik doesn't crumble under the pressure of gigabits (has anyone else wondered that tournaments seemed to be scheduled on the same day?) then I can come and smash. Otherwise, I'll see you all over the summer.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im curious if/when this is changed to 5/24, any CFL planning to go to this thing?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Updated the first post with official date change and some new changes to the level list.

Tell me wat you guys think.

Finally, I have not added anyone who has recently posted saying their going as I have changed the date. If there is anyone not already on the list that would like to attend, please post again saying so.

If there is anyone currently on the list, that can no longer make it, please let me know so I can make the proper changes.

Thanks for your cooporation.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
stage list is finally nice. good work seibrik.

here's my thoughts.. why not just make ALL STAGES. not neutral/C Pick..

have a random select of all the stages and could even ban castle siege for the walk off areas/statues/moving transitions etc.. it's not a 'good' stage or ban worthy but would make tournaments more solid.

smashville, final D, battlefield, yoshi story, lylat, brinstar - 6 stages. each player can ban .. and counter pick based on the list. no dave stupid rule. I think would make things very smooth.

I hope things this time WILL START AND RUN ORDERLY AND PROPERLY. If you want my help like last time I am glad to be of assistance. Let's get doors open if necessary and fans .. It could be great. just has to be taken care of.

-sabinx

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Wow... thats really gay...
I rly liked that level...

Is there anyone particularly apposed to Rainbow cruise? Asside from tether recovery ****, tether players can always ban that level. I just really want 7 stages, so since im removing castle seige now, in addition to the other reasons that was pushing it, i want to replace it and cruise seems like the closest to a fair match.

Thoughts?

Equi

Smash Ace
**** rainbow cruise

get rid of it

i hate that level it was ok in melee but now it just gets on my nerves more in brawl for some reason but do whatever you gotta do :)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Pretty much the banning just makes the game turn to just, "Fox only, no items, FINAL DESTINATION!"

on a side note: Screw Rainbow Cruise, especially the "Macaroni" part which can instantly screw up people's up-B attempts to recover.

the other alternatives i could think of is luigi's mansion or shadow moses island. since every other stage has it's issues. but hey, if all else fails. it's just 6

at least u gotta have some decent stages for doubles though, rather than the typical 6. didn't u had set some stages to only doubles for melee during that time?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
The stages which mess up some characters' recovery should be fine since there are some way for your team partner to help. I personally have no real problem with Rainbow Cruise or Frigate Orpheonfor singles. As counterpick stages, that is.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
F|_|ck frigate, none stop gays happen on that stage, u literally have to be lucky not to have a gay moment happen on that stage, or both be paying mad attention to ur position, rather than your fighting.

Banned.

Still unsure bout Cruise.

Rexx

Smash Journeyman
i wonder if i would beaten esam if he didn't picked frigate on me...
I was thinking the same thing. Esams my pal in all but I think you deserved that set in winners. Good show though. Lamb chops for best snake player in FLA

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Chops didn't get gayed once by the stage, i watched the set. We told him everytime it was gonna flip, there wasn't anythin particular gay in that match. So i dont think the level made some huge difference.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, since when did everyone become a ***** when brawl came out? I dont think i remember people banning Pokestadium and Corneria in melee because you can fall through the stage. Unless the glitch can be done on command, intentionally and/or high rate of happening (i play the stage quite often, and ive yet to have it happen) it shouldnt be banned.

Also, just wondering why is delfino, halberd, luigi's mansion, and great sea banned? Looking for something on the lines of constructive feed back. Not to be confused with the following: "I dont like the stage because i sucked six in row".

Equi

Smash Ace
Honestly, since when did everyone become a ***** when brawl came out? I dont think i remember people banning Pokestadium and Corneria in melee because you can fall through the stage. Unless the glitch can be done on command, intentionally and/or high rate of happening (i play the stage quite often, and ive yet to have it happen) it shouldnt be banned.

Also, just wondering why is delfino, halberd, luigi's mansion, and great sea banned? Looking for something on the lines of constructive feed back. Not to be confused with the following: "I dont like the stage because i sucked six in row".

Delfino: No idea
Halberd: Something to do with random explosives or whatever. The bombs, drops, some random gayness in the level. I don't play the level enough to know
Luigi's Mansion: Camper's paradise
Great Sea: No idea

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Delfino was a level you were able to fall through too, and i personally have had it happen. I was kirby so it wasn't a biggy, but other characters without good vertical recoveries would get butt****ed if it happened, and i was just standing still wen it happened.

Great sea: ******** deaths occur throughout the entire match, coupled with ******** situations. bombs just kill, thats it, and the spring flip i've seen killed ganon at 0, cuz he wasn't expecting it or w.e. (we were in the middle of fighting, rather he was chasing me)

If enough of you feel strong enough about Delfino/Poke/Castle seige that you dont care bout the random falling, lemme know and i'll tally the votes.

If we get enough i'll unban them, but for now they shall remain banned.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so far that's just 1 transition in castile seige that has caused that particular situation to happen. Just need more video proof if it happens again in the other 2 transitions... but yea there are more gayness parts such as falling to your death or ye old Final D corner ****up in the 1st part of the stage (it's still top tier for doing that).

Hell this video shows how lame the stage is, this is just one example that can happen on a 1 in a million chance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VPYdDu5B7_0 (watch at the end of the video)

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
If you have eyes and arent mentally challenged you can see anything thats going to happen on Pirate Ship happening 20 mins before it goes off. A bombs coming? move, or knock your oppenet into it, the catapault comes up, DONT STAND ON IT. Not rocket scienece.

And have you heard the music on that stage? Dragon Roost Island, Song of Storms, and Guerdo Valley are 3 reasons right there why that stage should be legal.

**** rainbow cruise anyone who counter picks that level likes to suck ***** because I can only see ***s liking that level.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Delfino was a level you were able to fall through too, and i personally have had it happen. I was kirby so it wasn't a biggy, but other characters without good vertical recoveries would get butt****ed if it happened, and i was just standing still wen it happened.

Great sea: ******** deaths occur throughout the entire match, coupled with ******** situations. bombs just kill, thats it, and the spring flip i've seen killed ganon at 0, cuz he wasn't expecting it or w.e. (we were in the middle of fighting, rather he was chasing me)
If enough of you feel strong enough about Delfino/Poke/Castle seige that you dont care bout the random falling, lemme know and i'll tally the votes.

If we get enough i'll unban them, but for now they shall remain banned.

Like Halberd the hazards are so retardedly obvious the only thing extra they could of done, perhaps is, wipe your poor tears as you retardedly let them hit you. All the hazards are almost announced for you, and can further more be manipulated by all players (naturally some easier than others, hence: counterpick). Just so you know in all actuality i mostly like going all neutrals (including lylate which you made somehow, not neutral), in fact i pretty much hate 3/4's of all counter picks, does that make them not legit to be counter picks? No, just because i get butt hurt that: the stage flipped, i have to chase someone around Rainbow Cruise, i let a laser that was locking onto me for the passed minute hit me, etc etc, does not mean the stage should be banned, just means i need to man up and proceed accordingly. Lets be honest, i didnt like poke-floats, jungle ****, or rainbow cruise in melee either, after the game had been out as long as it had i still blew some minds picking brinstar, all of this simply because no one practiced any of those stages. It looks like history is most literally repeating itself, except instead of putting up with these stages we are just casting them away to escape having to learn them.

I'd like a vote on stages, if you dont mind seibrik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom