• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
If you have eyes and arent mentally challenged you can see anything thats going to happen on Pirate Ship happening 20 mins before it goes off. A bombs coming? move, or knock your oppenet into it, the catapault comes up, DONT STAND ON IT. Not rocket scienece.

And have you heard the music on that stage? Dragon Roost Island, Song of Storms, and Guerdo Valley are 3 reasons right there why that stage should be legal.

**** rainbow cruise anyone who counter picks that level likes to suck ***** because I can only see ***s liking that level.
wow genius post. yea the songs are wayy too good

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Delfino/Pokemon stadium 1/Castle/ rainbow cruise/ all are fine counterpicks.

at anybody who debates pirate ship

IT CAN NOT BE A COUNTERPICK

If you can't figure out why, the I will explain.

Classification of Counter Stages:

Random elements with little impact on the players (e.g. random platform movement)
Minor environmental damage
No solid ceilings
No walk-off platforms
No screen scrolling
No stage elements that disrupt competitive play

You should get it.

A few of the stages on that list have this, Pirate Ship being one of them.

As well as that, for any event, being fair to every participant is the key. Because you may be good, and you don't have problems with these outside objects doesn't mean another, not as skilled player won't. Assuming something like this is foolish.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Delfino/Pokemon stadium 1/Castle/ rainbow cruise/ all are fine counterpicks.

at anybody who debates pirate ship

IT CAN NOT BE A COUNTERPICK

If you can't figure out why, the I will explain.

Classification of Counter Stages:

Random elements with little impact on the players (e.g. random platform movement)
Minor environmental damage
No solid ceilings
No walk-off platforms
No screen scrolling
No stage elements that disrupt competitive play

You should get it.

A few of the stages on that list have this, Pirate Ship being one of them.

As well as that, for any event, being fair to every participant is the key. Because you may be good, and you don't have problems with these outside objects doesn't mean another, not as skilled player won't. Assuming something like this is foolish.
I'm going to guess this is some half ***** attempt at the definition of a "counterpick" mainly because stage scrolling is Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise, so you lost already. Further more, stage elements that "disrupt competitive play" is brinstar so seeing as you failed twice, try being more indepth as to why atleast pirate ship should be banned.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I'm going to guess this is some half ***** attempt at the definition of a "counterpick" mainly because stage scrolling is Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise, so you lost already. Further more, stage elements that "disrupt competitive play" is brinstar so seeing as you failed twice, try being more indepth as to why atleast pirate ship should be banned.
catapult that can kill you at 0 with bad di, bombs that kill at low percent (avoidable yea, but... gay...), the camping rock, the boat wall on that rock that can go from a wall infinite to instant death if the boat leaves. those are the bad things I've noticed. I'd still play on it if someone counterpicked it against me with no complaints probably but I definitely wouldn't counterpick it for any reason. Iunno, I just don't like the idea of having to pay more attention to the background than to the guy I'm fighting but I guess that's where the counterpick part comes in. Probably the only stage that Ganon runs like he's top tier with his stage-specific silliness.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
catapult that can kill you at 0 with bad di, bombs that kill at low percent (avoidable yea, but... gay...), the camping rock, the boat wall on that rock that can go from a wall infinite to instant death if the boat leaves. those are the bad things I've noticed. I'd still play on it if someone counterpicked it against me with no complaints probably but I definitely wouldn't counterpick it for any reason. Iunno, I just don't like the idea of having to pay more attention to the background than to the guy I'm fighting but I guess that's where the counterpick part comes in. Probably the only stage that Ganon runs like he's top tier with his stage-specific silliness.
I agree pretty much with this whole statement, i'll try it out but i think because of the way the ship is angled you can tech out of those pseudo wall infinites. Also, funny thing is no matter what percent you are at, i think you can DI the spring down, and tech the front of the ship.

Pretty much what i see with this stage is clever manipulation with hazards, water gives certain characters with unfortunately bad recoveries better lifespan (especially tether ones). Camping with projectiles given what the characters has as a projectile, can be harder, do to the angle of the ship, chaingrabbing can be cut short by the angle of the ship. The only bad things i can see here are obviously announced hazards which would be just like brinstars lava, you can and will see it rise, their is nothing sneaky or sudden about it. The wall infinite to death is sounding pretty lame though... i'll mess around and see if i can tech out.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Lets not forget that Purin can use the water to wake from a rest. Excellent stage for her IMO.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ok.....this stage thing is ********...
Pirate ship is the MOST LIKELY to be not allowed, since the factors are a little more hazardous than others.
Pokestadium 1 has NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT. I have never seen anybody die based on the stage, but only SAVED by the windmill. Although, against chops on friday, i fell to the center of the windmill and coulnd't do anything..it was weird.
Delfino Plaza has moving platforms and like...2 walls which are only accessibl for 30 seconds..big whoop
Frigate Orpheon is GOOD AS A COUNTERPICK! The levels don't have to be perfect to be playable. If some characters can exploit a flaw of another, the character who has the flaw can just BAN THE LEVEL. If there are two, like tether recovers and rainbow cruise/frigate. Ban the one you are less comfortable with. The flip in frigate orpheon is predicatble, and all you have to do is jump, and all that will happen is you will gofrom the left to the right, and snakes grenades can be very useful there.
Luigi's mansion has pseudo-walls that block projectiles, although they can be broken. It has 3 heights which can be good for campers, but again, ban the level.
There is nothing gamebreaking about these levels. There is no MAJOR distrubance like pictochat, warioware, or New Pork City.

Equi, if Rexx is coming, im teaming with him, if not, i want to team with you. Answer me ****it!

Rexx

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that I don't have work on this day...i'm accepting MM's against my toon link, anyone up to the task?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Ok.....this stage thing is ********...
Pirate ship is the MOST LIKELY to be not allowed, since the factors are a little more hazardous than others.
Pokestadium 1 has NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT. I have never seen anybody die based on the stage, but only SAVED by the windmill. Although, against chops on friday, i fell to the center of the windmill and coulnd't do anything..it was weird.
Delfino Plaza has moving platforms and like...2 walls which are only accessibl for 30 seconds..big whoop
Frigate Orpheon is GOOD AS A COUNTERPICK! The levels don't have to be perfect to be playable. If some characters can exploit a flaw of another, the character who has the flaw can just BAN THE LEVEL. If there are two, like tether recovers and rainbow cruise/frigate. Ban the one you are less comfortable with. The flip in frigate orpheon is predicatble, and all you have to do is jump, and all that will happen is you will gofrom the left to the right, and snakes grenades can be very useful there.
Luigi's mansion has pseudo-walls that block projectiles, although they can be broken. It has 3 heights which can be good for campers, but again, ban the level.
There is nothing gamebreaking about these levels. There is no MAJOR distrubance like pictochat, warioware, or New Pork City.
Equi, if Rexx is coming, im teaming with him, if not, i want to team with you. Answer me ****it!
Pictochat i agree with besides kirby's glitch which will most likely just be banned if the stage ever gets deemed legal. Winning warioware's mini games can result in getting a giant mushroom or invincibility, if that isnt a "major distrubance (lolz spell check)" then i seriously need to be informed what is. New Pork City is the new hyrule.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
You guys all suck unlike me i play only on warioware and i only use yoshi but i dont double jump instead i use B Down for recovery probably cuz imt he best player to exist since God.

New Pork city for neutral.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
You guys all suck unlike me i play only on warioware and i only use yoshi but i dont double jump instead i use B Down for recovery probably cuz imt he best player to exist since God.

New Pork city for neutral.
Sarcasm to the max bro xD....

I personally want jungle japes...an my opponent to be snake while im Falco...

that would be a even match ...

xD

Jungle Japes for stage of the year!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I personally want jungle japes...an my opponent to be snake while im Falco...

that would be a even match ...

xD

Jungle Japes for stage of the year!
In fact, all matches should be held on jungle japes that are snake dittoes and DDD dittoes. If you don't play them, you cannot enter the tournament. The only counterpick allowed is New Pork City.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Yo I wanted to go to the last one but couldn't make it since I had to study for finals.

I plan on showing up for this one so if you guys need another tv I can bring one in...the more...the better right?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo I wanted to go to the last one but couldn't make it since I had to study for finals.

I plan on showing up for this one so if you guys need another tv I can bring one in...the more...the better right?
Yes, we need more tvs. WE ALWAYS NEED MORE TVS. The attendance is so low for this one...Seibrik, i question your ability as a tournament host now (lol)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lawl. found me a ride, so at least me, Force, and Polmex23 are coming. I cant smell so i didn't care about the massive amounts of BO at the last tourney, but for the love of god please have some fans cause it was hot as balls

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
Me and my friend will probably be able to attend, im looking forward to this as I see a few of you go to FIU where ill probably be attending this fall

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Seibrik, push it back farther, we need the Central floridians, and mankos is closer so there is no reason why would they go to ours, i mean, besides me and chops of course.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Seems like EVERYONE wants to go to Manko's tourny this date.
I'm going to Manko's on Sunday for Brawl, so I might come to this on Saturday.

All you smelly ****s: Take showers and wear deodorant! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom