• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Close This Thread Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright SFL, let's see how much johning you can get THIS time...can you beat your record?

As for stages, Lylat is CP? Frigate, Halberd, Cruise are banned? wtf dude?

Little bit overboard there. Lylat is an incredibly fair stage...explain that one. Now Frigate, a lot of people don't like, so oh well...but Halberd too? Any hazards on those stages are REALLY easy to get around...and Cruise? what's wrong with it?

Pipes should be banned because of a DDD insta-win against certain chars. I mean, you could make the statement "well, they should play other chars"...but no, that's not cool. Pipes is a bad level design, kinda, anyway...random SDs and up killing moves becoming all-powerful.

I mean, I'm okay with it being a CP, really...but the fact that it is a CP and frigate, halberd, Cruise, (among others) aren't...that boggles my mind. Also, Castle Siege isn't banned, but they are. your stage list seems more based on personal preference than actual legitimacy.

Finch

Smash Lord
I would just like to say that by definition anyone that hates brawl and prefers melee (most of florida) but still goes to every brawl tournament is a tool.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Explain to me why pipes should be banned, and why rainbow cruise shouldnt.

^^^^^^^

is not constructive critism, just a question.

I want a discussion, so tell me u thoughts on ur believes, not just ur beleifs
Pipes has D3 CG, tiny ceiling, and tiny left side...Plus, the blocks in the center are gay and can kill you if:
A: Your Up-B doesn't break the blocks again or:
B: You use a dair that lags and you miscalculate by a tiny amount.

Rainbow Cruise has nothing specifically gay about it...It's a camping level, where campers are not 100% guaranteed to win...So...Your turn? If this is a discussion then you have to talk too.

Galeon

Smash Ace
actually, dedede can't cg people off the sides. the slopes make it impossible to regrab without the person having a chance to escape. on top of that, the blocks in the middle make it so he can't chaingrab across it because the sitting animation of his d-throw breaks it. I actually wouldn't be surprised of someone counterpicking a DDD on that stage. also, I haven't noticed an abnormally low ceiling but the sides are reaaaally close. there are some things I don't like about the stage though. I've seen DDD's back kick kill there at 60 but I've also seen a Ness survive a GW F-smash at 134 here cause he was slowed down by the blocks and teched on the hill on the right. I like it as a counterpick though.

I do wanna push for Lylat to be neutral again though. The tilting is indeed troublesome but it is one of the most neutral stages.

I'm kinda split on Cruise. The stage promotes heavy camping/stalling and can lead to really gay kills at stupid low percents. Some of the stuff that people complain about though is tied to not practice the level, like the fact that you can drop through the giant thick swinging platform and die but you can't drop through the thin carpets floating around. I could see this going either way.

I'm glad to see Frigate gone really. Yes its a nice counterpick when you wanna gay someone but don't you think that you should win a match because you were better than the other person and not because the other guy was placed in a situation where he was forced to die because the stage demanded it? Really extreme example, snake d-throws someone as the stage flips. They are now under the stage and they will die because you got a grab and timed it decently. Congrats?

One nice thing about the stage is that you can prevent getting flipped by being in the air when the stage makes the change. I've seen people try to avoid getting flipped by using their jumps and getting gimped cause of it. Saw a Marth waste both jumps so that he could live from the stage change then got bair'ed by a Pit and edgeguarded easily. I see counterpicks as stages that increase your chances of winning because of your skill there or your opponent's lack of skill there, not because the stage kills em randomly. The random walk off death platform doesn't help it either. I'm sure whoever's reading this probably is saying that these gay things happenings wouldn't happen to people who were used to the stage. Well, what if you're forced into these situations? What if you're recovering and the stage flips when you're forced to do your up-b? VERY easy edgeguards and in some characters, instant death. I do like the fact that its missing an edge on the right for a large portion of the match but there are just some gay things on this stage.

I also don't like Halberd. It'd be nice if the background didn't decide to pick on one person for the duration of the match randomly. Yea the laser and stuff are easy to dodge but they can also mess up your edgeguarding/get you edgeguarded/get you gayed by a chaingrab that would have normally left you alive. I've gone to 50 and died by that laser. Bad di or not, thats really not fair.

Conflicted about Corneria. Anyone who's played that stage in tourny knows 90% of the match is fought on the right side with people getting owned left and right by wall infinites/low percent side kills. On top of that, the person on the right side is really hard to approach without getting hit. Still, it does kind of scream counterpick. And the background arwings in the back don't kill with their shots anymore, just slightly stun.

I do wanna see Skyworld in counterpicks though. Assuming you know how to tech, the stage doesn't gay people (except maybe tethers which is why it'd be a nice replacement for Frigate). Bad thing is that it promotes camping so it'll probably never be unbanned.

Same thing with Hanenbow. Would be nice if there wasn't that beautiful spot in the bottom left hand corner that's about near impossible to approach without getting intercepted nasty.

I'd also like to see Distant Planet as a counterpick. Bad things are the walk off on the left side and the rain. The rain has a very visible warning before it goes full blast though and the walk off is actually avoidable and not tied to the main platforms. The only reason I see why this is still banned is people ahead in stocks camping the far left side hoping for a gay kill.

That's my thoughts on the stages.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
actually, dedede can't cg people off the sides. the slopes make it impossible to regrab without the person having a chance to escape.

False....it's been proven that he can still cg some people...just some of them get out of it. I know he can regrab Wolf...others, I'm not so sure of...

I'm kinda split on Cruise. The stage promotes heavy camping/stalling and can lead to really gay kills at stupid low percents. Some of the stuff that people complain about though is tied to not practice the level, like the fact that you can drop through the giant thick swinging platform and die but you can't drop through the thin carpets floating around. I could see this going either way.

This was all in Melee...if they don't know the stage, it's their own fault...forget them

I'm glad to see Frigate gone really. Yes its a nice counterpick when you wanna gay someone but don't you think that you should win a match because you were better than the other person and not because the other guy was placed in a situation where he was forced to die because the stage demanded it? Really extreme example, snake d-throws someone as the stage flips. They are now under the stage and they will die because you got a grab and timed it decently. Congrats?

One nice thing about the stage is that you can prevent getting flipped by being in the air when the stage makes the change. I've seen people try to avoid getting flipped by using their jumps and getting gimped cause of it. Saw a Marth waste both jumps so that he could live from the stage change then got bair'ed by a Pit and edgeguarded easily. I see counterpicks as stages that increase your chances of winning because of your skill there or your opponent's lack of skill there, not because the stage kills em randomly. The random walk off death platform doesn't help it either. I'm sure whoever's reading this probably is saying that these gay things happenings wouldn't happen to people who were used to the stage. Well, what if you're forced into these situations? What if you're recovering and the stage flips when you're forced to do your up-b? VERY easy edgeguards and in some characters, instant death. I do like the fact that its missing an edge on the right for a large portion of the match but there are just some gay things on this stage.
Well, my problem is...the "gay" things don't happen at random...if you can't avoid getting grabbed/placed in that scenario...or you get killed by the platforms, it's your own fault...I don't think the stage should get punished for the stupidity of players.

I also don't like Halberd. It'd be nice if the background didn't decide to pick on one person for the duration of the match randomly. Yea the laser and stuff are easy to dodge but they can also mess up your edgeguarding/get you edgeguarded/get you gayed by a chaingrab that would have normally left you alive. I've gone to 50 and died by that laser. Bad di or not, thats really not fair.
um...if you seriously took 50% from the laser and died...something's wrong. I mean, seriously? who gets hit that much by the stupid laser? hit left...or right. perfectly fair.

Conflicted about Corneria. Anyone who's played that stage in tourny knows 90% of the match is fought on the right side with people getting owned left and right by wall infinites/low percent side kills. On top of that, the person on the right side is really hard to approach without getting hit. Still, it does kind of scream counterpick. And the background arwings in the back don't kill with their shots anymore, just slightly stun.
DDD CG on the back fin = instant win. gg stage, kthxbai

Galeon

Smash Ace
Fenrir, I find it interesting that you say it's someone's own fault if they get grabbed during the flips on Frigate but you hate Corneria with DDD on it. It's basically the same exact thing since both are gonna lead to a lost stock. As for Cruise being valid in Melee, this is a new game and you can't expect the new stage list to mirror the melee one.

As for the laser, it randomly gives one character field pressence and a new pressure game. Halberd is gay. Play it if you want though.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
False....it's been proven that he can still cg some people...just some of them get out of it. I know he can regrab Wolf...others, I'm not so sure of...

This was all in Melee...if they don't know the stage, it's their own fault...forget them

DDD CG on the back fin = instant win. gg stage, kthxbai

First part, those few characters that do get chaingrabbed still can easily umm... i dunno, choose to ban that level if they're playin a ddd player. A level will not get banned cuz a couple of characters can get CG'd up a slope, thats called strategy, they can ban it if they want.

Second part, This was all in melee.... And this is brawl, good job proving nothing

Third part, I actually agree with this, i was pushing for corneria to be banned, i dont feel its completely normal fighting if all anyones trying to do the entire match is gay people with infinites.

Most of the stages i banned are due to the fact of parts of it completely changing the main strategy of ur game, something i dont think CP's should do, unless its just to change it to a campy game or something of that sort.

If lylat should be so neutral, why is it that over 70% of the people that land on Lylat as random, scream an obsinity every time?
The way I see it, people wouldn't be angry at it if there wasn't something so obviously gay about it, in this instance its the fact that the stage tilts randomly, greatly affecting a large number of the cast's recoveries.

The way I see it, this will be similer to battlefield in melee tournies. Some tournies will have it set to random, others wont. And for the sake of experimentation, this next tourny will have Lylat cruise as counter pick only.

As for RainbowCruise, i was iffy on this one. While it does **** teathers, they could just easily ban this level if they dont wanna get gayed by it, either that or learn ways around getting gayed.

Give me thoughts on rainbowcruise, lemme know.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Equi, we need to team again! This time i'm going pikachu though....**** fox in teams.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pipes???? PIPES?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE ****?!?!?! There are several things wrong with this level:
1. Obvious, it has a slope where you can get chaingrabbed.
2. The blocks.....they can stop your upwards trajectory, its like a partial ceiling like LUIGI'S MANSION. If you have pipes, you might as well haev luigi's mansion too.
3. PIPES?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT??? WHAT??? WHAAT??? (most people won't get the reference)

Halberd is banned becuase of the obvious targeting of the claw/beam which is easily avoided?
Rainbow cruise is fine with me, in brawl, you shouldn't only play 1 character, you should play several, as to not get totally ****ED with counterpicks. This being said, a lot of character specific "we get ***** here" like frigate orpheon, you can put because most people play more than one ****ed character, and you shouldn't rely on one to win you an entire tournament. You need secondaries people....

Jungle japes should be allowed only in DDD dittoes, 6 minutes of nonstop chaingrabbing, oh yeah. Jungle Japes for PR. Right Afro?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
"bad for tethers" shouldn't be a reason for ban IMO. That's the point of a counter pick right?

Even then, everyone but Olimar has an alternate way to recover and a PT user should just stay off Ivysuar if taken there.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Cruise should still be CP. If you don't like it, ban it. It's still not gay enough to be banned...

MM anyone? Bowser or Marth.

dAdXeR

Smash Rookie
dAdXeR? Was up? Don't think I ever see you on the boards. Need to get around to owning you in a tournament sometime.
If my memory serves me right, I was owning you up online the last time we played. ;)

Oh, and ZP is like... 5-10 minutes from my house. I could give you directions if you wanted.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Then come...Though, odds are you are going to go to the Gigs in May...Which you will probably opt to going to instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom